Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 13 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 13 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Muthoot Finance announces interim dividend
- The board of directors of Muthoot Finance has approved payment of an interim dividend of Rs. 20 per equity share.
- The interim dividend will be paid to the shareholders within 30 days from the date of declaration.
- Muthoot Finance claims to be the largest gold loan NBFC (Non-Banking Financial Company) in India.
- It has a branch network of 4500 plus branches.
Pay-TV revenue to touch $12.3 bn by 2025
- India’s pay-TV industry is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 7% between 2020-25.
- The total industry revenues, including subscription and advertising, will reach $12.3 bn by 2025.
- The report, titled India Pay-TV Distribution 2021, predicts that more than 96% of India’s pay-TV homes will be digitalized by 2025.
- The total pay-TV subscribers will expand to 134 mn by 2025.
@Top Current Affairs 13 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs
PPBL processes 970 mn digital transactions
- Paytm Payments Bank Ltd (PPBL) registered over 970 million digital transactions in March 2021.
- With over 64 million accounts, the bank’s total deposits have crossed over ₹3200 crores.
- PPBL claims to be the largest beneficiary bank for UPI transactions and registers the highest success rate in the industry.
- It is also rapidly gaining traction as a remitter bank for UPI payments.
Yogesh Praveen passes away
- Eminent historian and an expert on Awadh especially Lucknow, Yogesh Praveen passed away in April 2021.
- Awarded with Padma Shri in 2019 he had a long association with All India Radio Lucknow also.
- He wrote more than 30 books on Awadhi culture and Lucknow and contributed several articles in newspapers and magazines.
14 hospitals declared full COVID hospitals
- 14 private hospitals in Delhi including Sir Ganga Ram Hospital and St Stephens Hospital, Tis Hazari have been declared as full COVID hospitals.
- They have been directed not to admit any non-COVID medical or surgical patient till further orders.
- 19 private hospitals have been directed to reserve at least 80 percent of their total ICU bed capacity for Covid related treatment.
Davis Cup Finals 2021 in three cities
- The 2021 Davis Cup Finals will be held in three cities, with Innsbruck and Turin joining Madrid as hosts.
- The International Tennis Federation (ITF) has announced that Madrid, Austrian city Innsbruck, and Turin in Italy would host two of the six groups each, with the latter two staging one quarter-final.
- The finals will run from 25th November to 5th December 2021.
Ant Group to carry out a major overhaul
- China’s Ant Group, a financial affiliate of e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding, has been ordered for a major overhaul by the Chinese market regulator to become a financial holding company.
- The new guidelines for Ant´s overhaul come days after Alibaba was fined $2.8 billion.
- Ant is one of the two leading companies in the online payments business in China, the other being rival Tencent.
Jallianwala Bagh massacre anniversary: 13 Apr
- April 13 marks the day of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.
- 13 April 2021 is the 102nd anniversary of the incident.
- Jallianwala Bagh Massacre refers to the incident that took place in 1919 at Amritsar’s Jallianwala Bagh, in which British troops opened fire against thousands of people who had gathered for Baisakhi.
- In the massacre, several hundred were killed and numerous more were injured.
JMM Founder member Simon Marandi passes away
- Simon Marandi, founder member of Jharkhand Mukti Morcha (JMM) and Senior BJP leader passed away in April 2021.
- He has been a five-time MLA and Minister of State in Jharkhand.
- He was popularly known as ‘Simon Da’.
- He represented Rajamahal’s seat in Lok Sabha on two occasions.
Rajasthan, 2nd to give 1cr vaccine shots
- Rajasthan has become the second state after Maharashtra to administer over 1 crore COVID-19 vaccine doses by 12 April 2021.
- A total of 99.83 lakh doses were administered in the state till 11 April 2021.
- The figure crossed 1 crore on 12 April 2021.
- In Rajasthan, a total of 3380 Governments and 188 private sites are providing vaccination facilities.
Chhattisgarh fixes cost for covid treatment
- The Chhattisgarh Government has fixed new rates for the treatment of Covid patients in private hospitals.
- A fee of 6,200 rupees per day has been fixed for the treatment of moderate patients.
- Private hospitals have been directed to charge not more than 12k rupees per day for the treatment of serious patients and 17k rupees per day for very critical patients.
Military exercise Shantir Ogrosena concludes
- The 10 days long multinational military exercise named ‘Shantir Ogrosena’ culminated on 12 Apr 2021 in Bangladesh.
- Troops from India, Bangladesh, Bhutan, & Sri Lanka participated in the exercise with observers from the USA, UK, Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Singapore.
- The aim of the exercise was to strengthen defense ties & enhance interoperability amongst neighborhood countries.
Kazakh, Uzbek launches trans-border trade hub
- Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan have launched the construction of an international center for trade and economic cooperation named ‘Central Asia’ on the borders of the two countries.
- It occupies 400 hectares of land.
- The Centre will have a capacity of accommodating 35k people and 5k trucks per day in both directions.
- Kazakhstan is Uzbekistan’s 3rd largest trade partner after China & Russia.
Rising Sun Holdings to purchase Magma Fincorp
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has cleared the ₹3,456 crore deal, which will see Rising Sun Holdings Pvt. Ltd acquiring a controlling stake in Magma Fincorp Ltd.
- Rising Sun is acquiring a 60% stake in the company through preferential allotment of equity shares.
- As part of the terms of the deal, Rising Sun Holdings will be classified as a ‘promoter’ of Magma Fincorp.
Hero Motors Company to launch a new plant
- Hero Motors Company unveiled its new hi-end export-oriented manufacturing plant at the Hero E Cycle Valley at Dhanansu on 13 April 2021.
- The opening of the new plant marks the first phase of operationalization of the Hero E Cycle Valley.
- The plant will augment the company’s annual production capacity to 10 million units.
- The company has spent ₹350 cr in operationalizing the E Cycle Valley.
Volvo to use new NVIDIA chipsets
- Volvo Cars will use a new generation of high-powered chips from Nvidia Corp to enable more autonomous driving functions in future vehicles.
- Volvo Cars, owned by China’s Geely Holding, will use Nvidia’s new Drive Orin system, with far more processing power than current Nvidia chips used in Volvo vehicles.
- Nvidia is also developing a new onboard computer system on a chip called Atlan.
Shirley Williams passes away
- Shirley Williams passed away in April 2021.
- She was elected to British Parliament as a Labour lawmaker in 1964 after several failed attempts.
- She served as Education Secretary in a Labour govt in the 1970s, one of the country’s first female Cabinet ministers.
- In later years, she served as a Liberal Democrat member of the House of Lords as Baroness Williams of Crosby, retiring in 2016.
Microsoft to buy Nuance Communications
- Microsoft Corp. has agreed to acquire speech-recognition firm Nuance Communications Inc. for $16 billion.
- The all-cash deal pays $56 per Nuance share, a 23% premium over Friday’s closing price.
- Nuance, based in Burlington, Mass., is a pioneer in speech recognition and artificial intelligence technology.
- Its software formed the basis of Apple Inc.’s Siri voice assistant.
PNB launches digital initiative PNB@Ease
- Punjab National Bank has launched a digital initiative PNB@Ease under which every transaction undertaken by a bank branch will be initiated and authorized by customers themselves.
- The service can range from savings accounts opening to availing various loans and more, without visiting a branch or help from the bank employees.
- It has been launched across 165 identified locations across India.
Harsh Vardhan launches Aahaar Kranti movement
- Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan launched “Aahaar Kranti” on 13 April 2021.
- It is a mission aimed at spreading the message of the need for a nutritionally balanced diet and to understand the importance of accessibility to all local fruits and vegetables.
- Vijnana Bharati (Vibha) and the Global Indian Scientists’ and Technocrats’ Forum (GIST) have come together to launch the mission.
Important Link :-