Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 12 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 12 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Shri Bharti Bapu passes away
- In Gujarat, the renowned Mahant of Dashnami parampara Mahamandaleshwar Shri Bharti Bapu passed away in April 2021.
- His Samadhi ceremony took place at his Junagadh Ashram in Saurashtra as per Covid19 protocol.
- He breathed his last at his Bharti Ashram in Sarkhej near Ahmedabad.
Chhattisgarh Govt imposes complete lockdown
- In Chhattisgarh, the complete lockdown has been imposed in 17 districts by the respective administrations.
- CM Bhupesh Baghel has also sanctioned an amount of Rs 50 crores from the State Disaster Response Fund for the prevention of corona infection.
- It will be mandatory for railway passengers to have a negative report of the corona test conducted within 72 hours before reaching Chhattisgarh.
@Top Current Affairs 12 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs 12 April 2021
Maharashtra records highest single-day spike
- Maharashtra reported the highest single-day jump in Covid-19 cases, breaching the 60,000 marks on 11 April 2021.
- The state reported 63,294 cases, taking the total tally to 34,07,245.
- The death toll has risen to 57,987.
- Pune has more than 1 lakh active cases.
- In Mumbai more than 91 thousand and in Thane more than 74 thousand patients are under treatment for infection of coronavirus.
Mahatma Jyotiba Phule’s birth anniversary
- 11 April marks the birth anniversary of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule.
- Jyotirao Govindrao Phule was an Indian writer, social activist, thinker, and anti-caste social reformer from Maharashtra.
- He and his wife, Savitribai Phule, were pioneers of women’s education in India.
- He started his first school for girls in 1848 in Pune at Tatyasaheb Bhide’s residence.
Ramsey Clark passes away
- Ramsey Clark, the former US attorney general, and legal activist passed away in April 2021.
- Clark served as attorney general in President Lyndon B. Johnson’s administration in the late 1960s.
- He is recognized for supervising the drafting of the 1968 Civil Rights Act.
- He was the son of former US Attorney General and Supreme Court Justice Tom C. Clark.
Mumbai to add additional 5,300 general beds
- In Mumbai, additional 5,300 general beds and 800 ICU beds will be available in the next 2-3 days.
- In Kanjurmarg and Malad 2000 beds are being made available.
- Another COVID centre with 1000 beds will be set up in Somaiya ground and 300 beds will be set up at Mahalaxmi.
- MHADA (Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority) is also setting up beds on its land.
Sushil Chandra set to become the next CEC
- Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra is set to become the next Chief Election Commissioner.
- Chandra will assume charge on April 13, 2021, a day after incumbent Sunil Arora demits office.
- He was appointed as the Election Commissioner on February 14, 2019.
- He would demit office on May 14, 2022.
Flipkart partners with Adani Group
- Flipkart has entered into a strategic and commercial partnership with infrastructure company Adani Group to set up a data centre as well as a fulfilment centre.
- Flipkart will set up its third data centre at AdaniConneX Pvt Ltd’s Chennai-based facility, leveraging AdaniConnes’s data centre technology solutions.
- AdaniConneX is a new joint venture between EdgeConneX and Adani Enterprises Ltd.
World Parkinson’s Day: 11 April
- April 11 is observed as World Parkinson’s Day every year, and April month is Parkinson’s Awareness Month.
- The day marks the birth anniversary of James Parkinson who was a neurologist, geologist, scientist, and activist.
- It is observed to create awareness about Parkinson’s disease among the general public.
- The disease can cause slowness of the movements, stiffness, and shakiness of the body.
‘Nomadland’ wins four BAFTA awards
- “Nomadland” won four prizes including best picture at the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) on 11 April 2021.
- “Nomadland” filmmaker Chloe Zhao became only the second woman, and the first woman of colour, to win the BAFTA for best director.
- Frances McDormand was named best actress.
- Emerald Fennell’s revenge comedy “Promising Young Woman” was named best British film.
Tata Motors plans vehicle scrapyards
- Tata Motors Ltd. will collaborate with its dealers to build vehicle scrapyards in Howrah, Karnal, Hyderabad, and Greater Mumbai.
- The company will provide technical know-how and expertise for the vehicle dismantling units.
- India’s new vehicle scrapping policy directs mandatory scrapping of commercial vehicles after 15 years if they don’t meet fitness or emission criteria.
CPP Investments, RMZ announce joint venture
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPP Investments) and Bengaluru-based RMZ Corp. have announced a joint venture, with the Canadian fund investing $210 million.
- The joint venture includes three projects-RMZ Nexity and RMZ Spire in Hyderabad and RMZ One Paramount in Chennai-with a development potential of around 10.4 million sq. ft.
Praj Industries to set up an ethanol plant
- Praj Industries has bagged an order from Godavari Biorefineries Ltd (GBL) in Karnataka to set up a syrup-based ethanol plant with the largest capacity in India.
- As part of this project, Praj will expand the existing ethanol manufacturing capacity of GBL to 600-kilo liters per day using sugarcane syrup.
- When commissioned, this will become India’s largest capacity syrup-based ethanol plant.
NMSHE’s ICAR Team gets an award
- A team of scientists from the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR) has been awarded for excellence in the dissemination of agricultural practices and technologies from lab to farm.
- They have been awarded by Agriculture Today, a national agriculture magazine.
- Their work has been recognized for improving livelihood and subsistence production systems in remote areas like Leh.
Thomas Cook India enters Jammu markets
- Thomas Cook (India) Ltd has inaugurated its first Gold Circle Partner franchise outlet in Jammu with a focus to leverage the growth potential of the region.
- It has set up its first Gold Circle Partner franchise outlet at Jammu‘s Bahu Plaza.
- It has also expanded its footprint in Uttar Pradesh with the launch of a new Gold Circle Partner franchise outlet in Varanasi at RathYatra Chauraha.
M&M to invest in the electric vehicle business
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd will put in fresh investments to the tune of ₹3,000 crores on its electric vehicles business in the next three years.
- It is working on developing an EV platform by combining the capabilities of its operations across the globe, including Detroit and Italy.
- The company has set a goal of putting 5 lakh electric vehicles on Indian roads by 2025.
Startup Fitday to invest Rs60 crore
- Fitday, a nutraceutical start-up, plans to invest ₹60 crores to expand its presence across the country over the next two years.
- It will set up 50 brick-and-mortar stores pan India by 2023 while simultaneously ramping up its online presence.
- Overall, the nutraceutical market in India is expected to see a projected growth of $18 billion by the close of 2025.
Sonu Sood: Covid vaccination ambassador
- Bollywood actor Sonu Sood has been made the brand ambassador for Punjab’s anti-coronavirus vaccination programme.
- Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh made the announcement on 11 April 2021.
- The actor also presented to the Chief Minister his book “I am no Messiah” on the same day.
- The book captures his experiences of his journey from Moga to Mumbai.
Amazon India launches mentor programme
- Amazon India has announced the launch of its ‘Mentor Connect’ programme.
- It is aimed at accelerating the growth of startups and emerging brand owners enrolled under its Amazon Launchpad initiative.
- Through the programme, startups and emerging brands will gain access to guidance from venture capital firms, industry veterans, and Amazon leaders through expert knowledge sharing sessions, etc.
SBI collects ₹300 cr from 0 balance accounts
- Several banks, including SBI, have been imposing excessive charges on certain services provided to poor persons having zero-balance or Basic Savings Bank Deposit Accounts (BSBDA).
- This was revealed in a study by the IIT-Bombay.
- The imposition of service charges resulted in undue collections to the tune of over ₹300 cr from among nearly 12 cr BSBDA holders of SBI during the period 2015-20.
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification