Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 10 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 10 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Andhra to vaccinate 24L people in Tika Utsav
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy on 9 April 2021 directed health officials to plan for 6 lakh vaccinations per day during ‘Tika Utsav’ (Vaccine festival).
- The festival will be observed from April 11 to 14 and the state government hopes to vaccinate a total of 24 lakh people in four days.
- It will cover the 4L people in rural areas and 2L people in urban areas per day.
Meeting of WB Development Committee Plenary
- Union Minister for Finance Nirmala Sitharaman participated in the 103rd Meeting of the Development Committee Plenary of World Bank.
- The items on the agenda included World Bank Group (WBG) and International Monetary Fund Support for Debt Relief Under the Common Framework and Beyond COVID-19 pandemic.
Living donor lung transplant to a COVID patient
- A woman in Japan has become the world’s first covid patient to receive a living donor lung transplant.
- She received lung segments from her son & husband after her lungs failed because of damage caused by the coronavirus.
- The procedure at Kyoto University Hospital took around 11 hrs to perform.
- There are usually restrictions on who can undergo such transplants based on age & physical condition.
New norms for OCI cardholders
- Foreigners registered as Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) cardholders post-marriage to Indian nationals are not entitled to that status after their divorce.
- This came after, a Belgian woman has challenged in the high court a provision of the Citizenship Act – section 7D(f) – under which a foreign spouse of an Indian national would lose Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) status on divorce.
Zydus Cadila gets USFDA nod for cancer
- Zydus Cadila has received final approval from the US Food & Drug Administration (USFDA) to market Ibrutinib capsules which are used to treat certain cancers.
- The company has also received a nod to market Macitentan tablets, used to treat high blood pressure, in the American market
- Zydus Cadila is eligible to market Ibrutinib Capsules in the strengths of 70 mg & 140 mg, as per Cadila Healthcare.
Bihar: Free travel of 50 km for Divyang
- The Bihar transport corporation will offer free travel up to 50 km in its buses for persons with disabilities and a discount of 50% on further travel.
- The transport corporation will provide them with Unique IDs to enable them to avail of this facility.
- To check the misuse of the facility, it has been decided to make it available only to persons with 40% disabilities.
Ladakh to get tap water connection by 2022
- The UT of Ladakh plans to provide tap water connections to 32,514 households in the current financial year and the remaining 11,568 households by 2022.
- This is a part of its target to cover all rural households by 2022.
- Out of 44,082 rural households in the UT of Ladakh, only 3,760 households so far have been provided with tap connections.
50% attendance in government offices: UP
- Uttar Pradesh government has ordered 50 per cent attendance in government and private offices of 4 districts in the state.
- The order has been issued for Lucknow, Kanpur, Prayagraj, and Varanasi.
- Offices in these cities will work with 50 per cent capacity only and the rest will work from home.
- A list for this will be prepared by the Head of the office.
Toyota Kirloskar Motor launches Smiles Plus
- Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) has announced the launch of a comprehensive and customizable service package called Smiles Plus.
- As an offering, this package will be customized as per the requirements and needs of the customer and will consist of pre-paid packages available across India.
- It will provide benefits such as savings on the service cost, the flexibility of service location, etc.
Carnival Cinemas enters Arunachal Pradesh
- Carnival Cinemas has announced its entry into Arunachal Pradesh and consolidation in Assam, through a strategic branding partnership with Louis Entertainment.
- The company aims to explore places like Naharlagun, Morigaon, Dhemaji, and Barpeta.
- As part of this deal, it will provide standard operating procedures for operating cinemas, onscreen and off-screen advertisement support, etc.
Banks in India cross a milestone in deposits
- Banks in India have crossed the milestone of ₹150 trillion in deposits.
- Deposits had touched the ₹100-trillion mark in September 2016 and had crossed ₹50 trillion in February 2011.
- Outstanding bank deposits stood at ₹151.13 trillion as of 26 Mar’21, the last fortnight of the financial year, as per the data released by RBI.
- This translates into a growth of 11.3% from the same period in 2020.
Saudi Aramco raises $12.4 billion
- Saudi Aramco has struck a $12.4-bn deal to sell a minority stake in a newly formed oil pipeline business to a consortium led by EIG Global Energy Partners.
- As part of it, a newly-formed Aramco subsidiary, Aramco Oil Pipelines Company, will lease usage rights in Aramco’s stabilized crude oil pipeline network for a 25-yr period.
- The EIG-led consortium will hold a 49% stake in the subsidiary.
Mars Helicopter to make first flight attempt
- NASA’s Ingenuity Mars Helicopter will make humanity’s first attempt at a powered, controlled flight of an aircraft on another planet.
- The 4-pound (1.8-kg) rotorcraft will take off from Mars’ Jezero Crater on 11 April 2021.
- While hovering, the helicopter’s navigation camera and laser altimeter will feed information into the navigation computer to ensure Ingenuity remains in the airfield.
China fines Alibaba Group $2.8 billion
- China has imposed a fine of 18.2 billion yuan ($2.8 billion) on Alibaba Group after an anti-monopoly probe.
- The penalty is equivalent to 4% of Alibaba’s domestic sales in 2019.
- Alibaba will also be required to implement comprehensive rectifications including strengthening internal controls, upholding fair competition, protecting businesses on its platform, and consumers’ rights.
#Top Current Affairs
NHAI to award projects worth Rs 2.25 lakh cr
- The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) is planning to award projects worth around Rs 2.25 lakh crore in the current fiscal (FY 2022).
- The authority awarded 141 projects (4,788 km) worth Rs 1.71 lakh crore in 2020-21.
- The share of engineering procurement and construction (EPC) in the awards last fiscal was 50% followed by the hybrid annuity model (HAM) at 49%.
Ministry of Tourism to hold a promotion event
- The Ministry of Tourism will organize a mega tourism promotion event in Srinagar “Tapping the Potential of Kashmir: Another Day in Paradise” from 11-13 April 2021.
- Lt. Governor of Jammu & Kashmir Manoj Sinha will address the delegates at the inauguration of the event.
- Several interesting programs will be a part of the event including a technical visit to Tulip Gardens for the delegates.
Former MP minister Mahesh Joshi dies
- Senior Congress leader and former Madhya Pradesh minister Mahesh Joshi passed away in April 2021.
- The three-time MLA was first elected to the state assembly in 1967 from the Indore-1 constituency.
- He was later elected twice from the Indore-3 assembly segment.
- He became a state minister in the year 1985.
Inaugural Indo-US online cricket tournament
- An Indo-U.S. Cricket eSports Competition was conducted to celebrate the growing trade ties between the two countries.
- The event was live-streamed on April 8, 2021.
- Sixteen players from India and the U.S. competed on a mobile cricket gaming platform, ‘Real Cricket ‘20’, in a five-over format.
- The U.S. finalist beat the Indian player by 13 runs.
Properties of neutrinos to be explored
- Sanjib Kumar Agarwalla, a Swarnajayanti Fellow of the Dept of Science and Technology (DST), will unravel the fundamental properties of massive neutrinos.
- He will explore the interesting signals of new physics in upcoming high-precision neutrino oscillation experiments.
- Neutrinos are massless in the new particle physics, also called the Basic Standard Model of particle physics.
L&T arm secures EPC order from Saudi Arabia
- The construction subsidiary of Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has secured a major contract to set up a 1.5 GW solar plant in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- It has secured the contract from the consortium of ACWA Power.
- This project is considered the largest solar plant in Saudi Arabia.
- It is also one of the largest such plants in the world.
- The project will be spread across 30.8 square kilometres of land.
@Top Current Affairs 10 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification