Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 09 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 09 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
India Russia Friendship Car Rally flagged off
- Minister of State in PM Office Dr Jitendra Singh flagged off India Russia Friendship Car Rally 2021 on 8 April 2021.
- The event was organized by International Friendship Car Rally Association, IFCRA in New Delhi.
- The car rally will take place in Russia from 18th to 20th April 2021.
- This is the 5th IFCRA edition and there are 14 participants from IFCRA India representing the North East.
PM Modi to participate in leader’s summit
- PM Narendra Modi will participate in the leader’s summit on climate along with other world leaders on 22 and 23 April 2021.
- US Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry’s visit was in the run-up to the summit convened by the US.
- The summit will start on Earth Day, April 22, 2021, in which US President Joe Biden will outline the US goal for reductions of carbon emissions by 2030.
India, Maldives condemn all forms of terrorism
- India and Maldives have condemned all forms of terrorism including cross-border terrorism.
- Both the countries have agreed to strengthen bilateral cooperation in counter-terrorism.
- The first India-Maldives Counter Terrorism Dialogue was held on 8 April 2021 in New Delhi.
- Both sides underlined the need to take action to ensure that no territory is used for terrorist attacks on others.
11th round of talks between India and China
- The next round of the Indo-China military commander-level talks took place on 9 April 2021.
- This was the 11th round of the military commander-level talks between the two sides.
- The talks focused solely on the forward movement in disengagement of the armies in the Gogra Hot Springs in eastern Ladakh.
- The last time the military commanders met was on February 22, 2021.
PM Modi held virtual Summit with Mark Rutte
- PM Narendra Modi held a Virtual Summit with his Netherlands counterpart Mark Rutte on 9 April 2021.
- During the Summit, the two leaders discussed in detail the bilateral cooperation and looked at new ways of strengthening the relationship.
- The two countries share a robust economic partnership with the Netherlands being the third-largest investor in India.
India hands over patrol boat to Seychelles
- India on 8 April’21 formally handed over a ₹100-crore patrol vessel ‘PS Zoroaster’ to Seychelles.
- The 48.9-meter patrol boat was built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineering at a cost of ₹100 cr and has a top speed of 35 knots and an endurance of 1500 nautical miles.
- The vessel will be used for multi-purpose operations, such as patrolling, anti-smuggling & anti-poaching operations, etc.
Survey shows a dip in consumer confidence
- The RBI’s survey released on 7 April 2021 showed that consumer confidence fell to 53.1 in March 2021 from 55.5 in January 2021.
- Future expectations also dipped to 108.08 from 117.1 during the period.
- As per the survey, consumers lacked confidence in terms of the overall economic situation, employment scenario, and income conditions.
Hero MotoCorp to vaccinate all employees
- The country’s largest two-wheeler maker Hero MotoCorp has decided to cover the COVID-19 vaccination cost of its workforce, including permanent and contractual employees.
- More than 80,000 employees, including the entire workforce of Hero MotoCorp, group companies, and supply chain partners will be covered under this initiative.
Virginia: 1st south-US state to legalize pot
- Virginia on 7 April 2021 became the first southern US state to approve the use of small amounts of marijuana for personal use.
- Adults over the age of 21 will be able to legally possess up to one ounce (28.3 grams) of cannabis for personal use, as well as cultivate up to four plants per household.
- Several other US states, including New York and Colorado, have also approved similar measures.
Renault India partners with Cero Recycling
- Renault India has tied up with Cero Recycling to help customers scrap their old vehicles.
- The company will provide incentives or financial benefits to prospective customers for subsequent purchase of a new vehicle.
- It has introduced a program, ‘R.E.L.I.V.E’, with Cero to facilitate scrapping of old vehicles in 6 locations including, NCR, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, and Bengaluru.
Alteria Capital makes first close of Fund II
- Alteria Capital has announced the first close of its second fund at ₹1,325 cr, as it looks to ramp up its deployment across startups in India.
- The company had received approval from SEBI in December 2020 for its second venture debt fund with a target corpus of ₹1,000 crores and a greenshoe option of ₹750 crores.
- At present, it manages ₹2,300 cr of assets under management across its two funds.
GroupM India promotes Vinit Karnik
- GroupM India, the WPP-owned media agency, has promoted 2 senior resources across its sports and entertainment, as well as content practice.
- Vinit Karnik has been given a larger south Asia role as Head- sports, esports, and entertainment, at GroupM.
- Karthik Nagarajan, Chief Content Officer for Wavemaker India, will take on additional responsibility at GroupM India as Head of branded content.
Income tax receipts surpass the revised target
- India’s net direct tax receipts, mainly comprising corporate and individual income tax, were 9.45 trillion rupees ($126.33 billion) for the fiscal year ending on March 31, 2021.
- They surpassed the revised budget target.
- The net Direct Tax collections include Corporation Tax (CIT) at Rs. 4.57 lakh cr and Personal Income Tax(PIT) including Security Transaction Tax (STT) at Rs. 4.88 lakh cr.
NASA’s Odyssey marks 20 yrs of mapping Mars
- NASA’s Mars Odyssey spacecraft launched 20 years ago on April 7, has made it the oldest spacecraft still working on Mars.
- The orbiter, which takes its name from the novel “2001: A Space Odyssey”, was sent to map the composition of the Martian surface.
- The most complete global maps of Mars were made using Odyssey’s infrared camera, called the Thermal Emission Imaging System, or THEMIS.
MP: Lockdown in all cities till Monday
- In Madhya Pradesh, there will be a lockdown in all cities from 6 pm on 9 April 2021 to 6 am on 12 April 2021.
- The number of positive patients is increasing in the country and the state.
- The state government is also arranging free treatment in private hospitals.
- The supply of oxygen from the Bhilai Steel Plant has also started. Meanwhile, the state reported 4324 fresh covid cases on 8 Apr’21.
Dutee to receive Chhattisgarh Veerni Award
- Dutee Chand, the Jakarta Asian Games silver-medalist in 100 and 200 m, will receive Chhattisgarh Veerni Award.
- Due to the ongoing pandemic, the inaugural edition of the awards ceremony will be held virtually on April 14, 2021.
- In 2019, she became the 1st Indian woman to win a gold medal at the World University Games held in Italy.
- She holds the national record of 11.22 secs in 100m.
Police Chiefs’ Dialogue b/w India, Sri Lanka
- The 1st delegation-level virtual Police Chiefs’ Dialogue between the Police Chiefs of India and Sri Lanka was held on 8 Apr’21.
- The Indian delegation was led by Director, Intelligence Bureau Arvind Kumar while the Sri Lankan delegation was led by the Inspector General of Police CD Wickramaratne.
- Both agreed to work jointly against the terrorist entities including the global terrorist groups.
Govt to invest Rs. 1 lakh crore for tap water
- The government is planning to invest over 1 lakh crore rupees this fiscal year (2021-2022) to ensure tap water supply to every rural household in the country.
- Ministry of Jal Shakti has informed that this kind of investment is likely to continue over three years to achieve the target.
- The rigorous joint review exercises to finalize the annual action plans began on 9 April 2021.
SARTHAQ initiative launched by Education Min.
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank launched an initiative SARTHAQ on 8 Apr’21.
- SARTHAQ stands for ‘Students and Teachers Holistic Advancement Through Quality Education’.
- It is an indicative and suggestive implementation plan for school education established by the Dept of School Education and Literacy and was released as part of the celebrations leading up to the Amrit Mahotsav.
Railways Minister flags off a special train
- Railways Minister Piyush Goyal flagged off Godda – New Delhi Humsafar special train from Godda in Jharkhand through video conference on 8 April 2021.
- He also dedicated Hansdiha-Godda New Line in Jharkhand.
- It will give impetus to social-economic development in Dumka and Godda in Jharkhand.
- Presently 36 rail projects are being executed in Jharkhand with an investment of Rs.20,000 crores.