Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 15th August 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 15th August 2021 granted here.Know about top current affairs
Top Current Affairs
Indian Independence Day: 15 August
- India celebrated its 75th Independence Day on 15 August 2021.
- The Indian Independence movement began during World War I and was led by Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi.
- On August 15, 1947, India got its freedom, ending an almost 200-year British rule.
- The Indian Independence Bill was introduced in the British House of Commons on July 4, 1947, and passed within a fortnight.
India chairs BRICS working group
- Ministers of agriculture of BRICS nations deliberated virtually on 14 Aug’21 ahead of a summit, to be chaired by India, in Sept 2021.
- The theme was “BRICS Partnership for Strengthening Agro Biodiversity for Food and Nutrition Security”.
- BRICS Agriculture Research platform has been developed by India to promote cooperation agricultural research, extension.
MobiKwik appoints new independent directors
- MobiKwik has appointed four new independent directors to its board, after filing its Draft Red Herring Prospectus (DRHP) with SEBI.
- The appointments include – former MD of Blackstone, Dr. Punita Kumar Sinha; former ambassador of India to Egypt and UAE, Navdeep Singh Suri; co-founder of PaySense, Sayali Karanjkar and Chief Technology Officer of LinkedIn, Raghu Ram Hiremagalur.
@Top Current Affairs 15th August 2021
#Top Current Affairs
2nd Phase of SAMVAD launched
- The Union Minister of Women and Child Development, Smriti Zubin Irani launched the 2nd phase of SAMVAD programme on 14 August 2021 in Bengaluru.
- SAMVAD stands for Support, Advocacy and Mental health interventions for children in Vulnerable circumstances and Distress.
- It is a national initiative and integrated resource that works in child protection, mental health and psychosocial care.
Two exhibitions inaugurated on 15 August
- The Minister for Tourism, Culture and Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER) G. Kishan Reddy inaugurated two exhibitions on 15 August 2021.
- The first one is Katha Kranthi Veeron Ki- an exhibition of revolutionaries at Lalit Kala Akademi.
- While the second one is Monuments of Victory and Valour- containing photos of resistance and valour across millennia and organised at NMMA.
Pakistan successfully test-fires Ghaznavi
- Pakistan on 12 August 2021 conducted a successful training launch of surface-to-surface nuclear-capable ballistic missile Ghaznavi.
- It was aimed at ensuring the operational readiness of Army Strategic Forces Command (ASFC) and re-validating technical parameters of the weapon system.
- Missile Ghaznavi is capable of delivering multiple types of warheads up to a range of 290 kilometres.
Indian Bank, Paralympic Committee sign MoU
- Indian Bank has signed an MoU with the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) as one of the banking partners of the Paralympic Games.
- The games are scheduled to commence on August 24, 2021, in Tokyo, Japan.
- The bank will provide financial assistance to support the paralympic athletes to prepare for the sports events in domestic as well as global platforms for a year.
Nepal to receive 4 million doses of Moderna
- Nepal is set to receive nearly four million doses of coronavirus Moderna vaccines, financed by the World Bank, through the COVAX cost-share option.
- Nepal has completed an agreement with Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunizations (GAVI) to procure four million doses of Moderna vaccine.
- By March 2022, the country shall start receiving the vaccine.
Taxation Law Act 2021 gets Presidential assent
- The Taxation Laws (Amendment) Act, 2021 received the assent of the President on August 13, 2021.
- It would scrap the retrospective taxation clause in income tax law.
- The bill which has now become a law, amends the Finance Act, 2012, and the Income Tax Act, 1961, nullifying demands raised on transactions prior to May 28, 2012.
3 CoBRA commandos get ‘Shaurya Chakra’
- 3 CoBRA commandos of the Central Reserve Police Force have been awarded the Shaurya Chakra.
- They have been awarded for displaying bravery and killing four Naxals in the Sukma district of Chhattisgarh.
- The Shaurya Chakra is the third-highest peacetime military gallantry medal.
- The 3 commandos are Deputy Commandant Chitesh Kumar, Sub Inspector Manjinder Singh, and Constable Sunil Choudhary.
SEBI sets up a panel
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has set up a panel of experts.
- They will look into the concerns that could hinder the process of shifting the country’s trade settlement to T+1 (Trade plus 1 day) from the current T+2.
- At present, trades are settled two working days after the transaction is done.
- India moved to the T+2 settlement cycle from the T+3 cycle in April 2003.
New Book offer Insights into 2019 Air Strikes
- A new book revisits the chain of real-life events surrounding the February 2019 Pulwama suicide bombing attack, and India’s strong hit-back in the form of Balakot airstrikes twelve days later.
- The book titled “Balakot Air Strike: How India Avenged Pulwama“, has been published by Garuda Prakashan.
- It has been written by Navy veteran Manan Bhatt.
MSD to be the first brand ambassador of HomeLane
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the first brand ambassador and equity partner of HomeLane.
- Home interiors brand HomeLane has entered into a three-year strategic partnership with MSD.
- Its strategic association with MS Dhoni would enable the company to create high decibel visibility and connect with its consumers.
- HomeLane is a decor & furnishing startup founded in 2014.
Haryana signs MoU with Walmart Vriddhi
- The Haryana government signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Walmart Vriddhi, and Haqdarshak, a technology platform.
- Walmart Vriddhi is a growth and training programme designed for micro, small and medium enterprises.
- The programme would offer state MSMEs training and support apart from “opportunities to join online, offline and export channels and reach global marketplaces.
ASEAN Regional Forum Ministerial meeting held
- The 28th ASEAN Regional Forum (ARF-28) took place virtually as part of the 54th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (AMM 54) and Related Meetings.
- The Minister of State for External Affairs led India’s delegation to ARF.
- The Meeting was held under the Chairmanship of Brunei Darussalam.
- India co-chaired an ARF workshop on Implementing the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS)
ISRO chief inaugurates Health Quest study
- Dr K Sivan, Secretary, DOS/Chairman, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) August 4, 2021, formally inaugurated the Health QUEST study (Health Quality Upgradation Enabled by Space Technology of ISRO).
- The objective of the study is to strive towards reducing human errors and achieve zero defect and quality service in the emergency and intensive care units of hospitals.
President’s Police Medal for Raj cops
- The President’s Police Medal for two police officers of Rajasthan and Police Medal for 19 police officers and employees of the state have been announced on the eve of Independence Day.
- Additional Director General (ATS & SOG) Ashok Kumar Rathore and Additional Director General of Police (Vigilance) Biju George Joseph have been selected for the President’s Police Medal.
India and Russia discuss on energy coop
- Oil Minister Hardeep Puri held a video interaction with Russian Energy Minister Shulginov on furthering energy cooperation between the two nations.
- India’s cumulative investment in oil and gas projects in Russia exceeds USD 15 billion.
- It is the single largest destination of Indian overseas investment in the oil and gas sector.
- Russia is the largest investor in India’s energy sector.
Arunachal Pradesh signs pact with NEEPCO
- Arunachal Pradesh on 14 August 2021 signed a memorandum of agreement (MoA) with electric utility company NEEPCO for the development of two hydropower projects in the state.
- The agreement with North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO) has been inked for setting up a 90-megawatt project in Tawang and another 120 MW plant in West Kameng.
DBSE receives approval for certification
- The Delhi Board of School Education (DBSE) has received approval from apex bodies such as the Council of Boards of School Education, for examination, certification, and equivalence with other recognized boards.
- The move would enable the students from DBSE affiliated schools to take admission in other boards and its certificate would be valid for admission in higher education institutions.
Social Justice ministry launches “TAPAS”
- Union minister Virendra Kumar launched an online portal ‘TAPAS'(Training for Augmenting Productivity and Services).
- It aims to provide access to lectures by subject experts and other study material in a manner that supplements the physical classroom.
- The main objective of module is to impart training and enhance the knowledge and skills for capacity building of the participants.
Kejriwal announces Deshbhakti Clm for schools
- The Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced a Deshbhakti Curriculum in its schools on the 75th anniversary of Independence to instill patriotism in young minds.
- It aims to develop a deep sense of respect towards constitutional values and seeks to bridge the gap between values and action.
- Evaluation for this curriculum shall be through self-assessment and assessment by teachers.
J-K admin signs MoU with Akshay Patra
- The Jammu and Kashmir administration signed an MoU with Akshay Patra Foundation for providing pre-cooked meals to 15,000 students studying in government schools in the union territory.
- In the initial phase, two districts — Jammu and Samba – would be covered.
- The Akshaya Patra Foundation is a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Bengaluru, India.
Deal activity in India Inc slows to $40.7bn
- Deal activity in India during the first half of 2021 amounted to USD 40.7 billion across 710 deals, including both private equity (PE) and strategic acquisitions (M&A), informed by a report by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC).
- The report has been titled ‘Deals in India: Mid-year review and outlook for 2021 — resilience and recovery’.
- The deal value in H1 2021 was 2 percent higher than H2 2020.
Asians – fastest-growing racial group in the US
- Asian Americans grew faster than any other minority group in the US in the last decade, rising to 24 million in 2020, according to the first detailed data released from last year’s US census.
- The growth in the American population over the last decade was driven entirely by minority communities.
- The number of white Americans declined for the first time since the nation’s founding in 1776.
Govt launches ‘SonChiraiya’ for SHG products
- The Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry has launched ‘SonChiraiya’, a single brand to promote products made by urban Self-Help Groups (SHG).
- It would prove as a step towards increased global access for the products made by urban SHG women.
- Live demonstrations for account registration, pricing, packaging, re-branding, and so on were also organized in collaboration with the e-portals.
DMK govt presents farm budget of TN
- The DMK government presented a budget in the Tamil Nadu assembly exclusively for agriculture featuring schemes for the overall development of the farm sector and farm growth in villages.
- This is the first time a separate budget for agriculture is presented in Tamil Nadu.
- During 2021-2022, Rs.34,220.65 crore is provided for agriculture and related departments like animal husbandry, etc.
President Kovind approves 144 Gallantry awards
- President Ram Nath Kovind has approved 144 gallantry awards to Armed Forces, police and paramilitary personnel.
- These include one Ashok Chakra, one Kirti Chakra, 15 Shaurya Chakras, four Bar to Sena Medals (Gallantry), 116 Sena Medals (Gallantry), five Nao Sena Medals (Gallantry) and two Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry).
- Babu Ram has been posthumously honoured with Ashok Chakra.
#Top Current Affairs 15th August 2021
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification