Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 27th August 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 27th August 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
India elected to CA at 27th UPU Congress
- India has been elected to the Council of Administration(CA) at 27th Universal Postal Union (UPU) Congress in Abidjan.
- India was also elected to the Postal Operations Council (POC) at the 27th UPU Congress in Abidjan.
- The Universal Postal Union is an UN-specialized agency with its headquarters in the Swiss capital Berne.
- It is the primary forum for cooperation between postal sector players.
Anurag Thakur to release e-photo exhibition
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur on 27 August 2021 would release an e photo exhibition on “Making of the Constitution’ and virtual film poster exhibition titled ‘Chitranjali @ 75’ in New Delhi.
- As part of commemoration of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, the Information and Broadcasting Ministry is celebrating the week of 23rd to 29th August as the ‘iconic week’.
Pharma industry to surpass $60 bn by FY24
- The pharma sector would surpass USD 60 billion by 2024 from around USD 45 billion in FY21, according to a report by Care Ratings.
- Indian pharma industry globally ranks third in terms of volume and 13th in value terms.
- The country’s share in total Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) approvals has increased from around 40 percent in 2020 to around 44 percent as of June 2021.
RBI extends PIDF scheme to street vendors
- Reserve Bank on 26 August 2021 extended the Payments Infrastructure Development Fund scheme to street vendors covered under the PM SVANidhi programme in tier 1 and 2 centres.
- The Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) scheme, with a corpus of Rs 345 crore, envisages creating 30 lakh new touchpoints every year for digital payments in tier-3 to tier-6 centres.
Sitharaman chairs 2nd BRICS FMCBG
- Union Minister for Finance Nirmala Sitharaman virtually chaired the second meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors (FMCBG).
- A “Technical Report on Social Infrastructure: Financing and Use of Digital Technologies” was endorsed in the meeting.
- FMCBG also welcomed the conclusion of negotiations on the text of Cooperation and Mutual Administrative Assistance.
Punjab govt announces hike in employees’ pay
- The Punjab government on 26 August 2021 announced to increase the basic pay of its employees by a minimum of 15 per cent and restore certain allowances.
- With this, the total average increase in salary/pension per employee has gone up to Rs 1.05 lakh per annum.
- The decision taken is based on the recommendations of a committee headed by Local Government Minister Brahm Mohindra.
Paytm collaborate with Meity Startup Hub
- Digital payments and financial services firm Paytm on 26 August 2021, signed an agreement with the IT Ministry’s Startup Hub.
- The collaboration focuses on fostering partnerships with incubators, investors, offering a startup toolkit to solve payments, distribution, and growth challenges for early-stage startups.
- It would also provide mentorship and guidance through a unicorn talk series.
SIDBI sanctions Rs 524cr for MSMEs in TN
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) approved funds worth Rs 524 crore for the development of micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) in Tamil Nadu.
- Tamil Nadu is the first state to receive the cluster development fund.
- The funds would be utilized to execute projects including setting up of e-vehicle component cluster in Coimbatore and many more.
UP govt to build first handicrafts park
- The Uttar Pradesh government is in the process of building the first handicrafts park of UP in Sector 29 of Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority (YEIDA).
- The maiden handicrafts park of UP would feature workshops, factories, and outlets making, showcasing, and selling the wide-ranging handicrafts of the state to domestic and global visitors.
Punjab to launch ‘Mera Kaam Mera Maan’ scheme
- The Punjab Cabinet on 27 August 2021 gave a nod to a new scheme ‘Mera Kaam Mera Maan’.
- It would help the unemployed youth in the state to hone their skills and increase their chances of getting a job.
- The scheme also provides an employment assistance allowance of Rs 2,500 per month for a period of 12 months from the start of the training course.
Bhola Singh was selected as Chief of NCL
- Bhola Singh has been selected as the Chairman and Managing Director of Northern Coalfields Ltd (NCL).
- Singh was recommended as the NCL Chief by the Public Enterprises Selection Board.
- Northern Coalfields Limited is a subsidiary company of Coal India Limited.
- Its headquarter is located at Singrauli, Madhya Pradesh.
Volume on UNESCO heritage sites of India
- A volume encapsulating the rich cultural treasures of India inscribed on the UNESCO world heritage list is slated to be launched on 27 Aug’21.
- The publication titled, “Incredible Treasures”, contains rich text illustrated with dazzling photographs, including archival images.
- UNESCO and Mapin publishing houses have joined hands for this volume.
- India at present has 40 World heritage sites.
Rajnath to commission indigenously built Ship
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh would commission indigenously built Indian Coast Guard Ship Vigraha on 28 August 2021 in Chennai.
- Indian Coast Guard Ship Vigraha is the seventh in the series of Offshore Patrol Vessels, OPV.
- The ship would operate on the eastern seaboard under the Operational and Administrative Control of the Commander, Coast Guard Region (East).
Bangladesh receives 40 ambulances from India
- Bangladesh has received 40 life support ambulances gifted by India through the Benapole land port on 26 August 2021.
- These ambulances are intended to support the Bangladesh government’s extensive effort to combat the Covid-19 pandemic and underline India’s continuing and long-term commitment to partner with the fraternal people of Bangladesh.
Union Minister launches e-Shram portal
- Labour and Employment Minister Bhupendra Yadav on 26 August 2021 launched the e-Shram portal – National Database on Unorganized Workers in New Delhi.
- The portal would maintain a database of workers in the country’s unorganized sector and facilitate better implementation of various Social Security Schemes for their welfare.
Ist edition of NER District SDG Index
- The first edition of the North Eastern Region District SDG Index Report and Dashboard 2021-22 was released in New Delhi on 26 August 2021.
- It is a collaborative effort by NITI Aayog and the Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region DoNER with technical support from UNDP.
- East Sikkim ranks first in the region followed by districts Gomati and North Tripura in the second position.
Former England Captain Ted Dexter passes away
- Former England captain Ted Dexter passed away in August 2021 at the age of 86.
- He had also served as the President of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) as well as chairman of England selectors.
- In June 2021, Dexter was inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame as a special inductee ahead of the inaugural World Test Championship final in Southampton.
Round Table India launches project H.E.A.L
- Round Table India (RTI) has launched Project H.E.A.L (Healthcare Enhancement for Active Living) with the aim to facilitate the improvement of medical infrastructure across the country.
- Project H.E.A.L entails movable infrastructure intervention and creation of special wards, toilets, donation of medical equipment.
- RTI is a nonreligious, nonpolitical and nonsectarian organization.
Sai Life becomes a signatory of the UNGC
- Sai Life Sciences has become a signatory of the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), the world’s largest sustainability initiative.
- Sai Life Sciences has committed itself to adopt the Ten Principles of the UNGC on human rights, labour, environment, and anti-corruption, reinforcing the company’s commitment to corporate responsibility and sustainability.
Mansukh takes charge as STBPB Chairman
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya on 26 August 2021 took charge as the Chairman of Stop TB Partnership Board (STBPB).
- The Stop TB Partnership is a United Nations-hosted partnership program that aims to fight against tuberculosis collectively.
- StopTB Board supports global efforts in achieving the UN goal to end TB by 2030.
Five Add. judges appointed In Calcutta HC
- The Central Government has notified the appointment of five additional judges of the Calcutta High Court as permanent judges.
- The Judges are Rajasekhar Mantha, Sabyasachi Bhattacharyya, Mrs.Moushumi Bhattacharya, Shekhar Bobby Saraf, and Rajarshi Bharadwaj.
- The appointments have been made in In exercise of the power conferred by clause (1) of Article 224 of the Constitution of India.
Punjab’s special assembly session on Sept 3
- The Punjab Council of Ministers decided to summon a special session of the assembly for a day on September 3, 2021, for the commemoration of the historic 400th Prakash Purb of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur.
- The session would start with obituary references at 10 am followed by the celebration of the 400th birth anniversary of Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur at 11 am.
NITI Aayog partners with Cisco
- NITI Aayog, the government’s policy think tank, has partnered with technology major Cisco to foster women entrepreneurship in India.
- NITI Aayog and Cisco on 26 August 2021 launched the next phase of the Women Entrepreneurship Platform.
- The platform would leverage Cisco’s technology and experience working with India’s startup ecosystem to enable more women-owned businesses across the country.
MYAS to launch Fit India Mobile Application
- The Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports (MYAS), Shri Anurag Singh Thakur would launch the Fit India Mobile Application on 29th August 2021.
- The app would be available on both the Android and the iOS platforms and would work even on basic smartphones.
- The Fit India Movement was launched on 29th August 2019 with the vision of making India a Fit and Healthy Nation.
Session on Zero Liquid Discharge Cities held
- National Mission for Clean Ganga hosted a session on ‘Zero Liquid Discharge Cities’ on the Final Day of the Stockholm World Water Week 2021.
- NMCG in collaboration with GIZ India has developed a national-level framework for the reuse of treated wastewater in India.
- World Water Week is a leading annual event that is organized to held discussions on global water issues.
Rameswar Teli honours 75 Eminent Citizens
- Shri Rameswar Teli, Minister of State for Petroleum & Natural Gas and Labour and Employment, honored 75 eminent citizens in ONGC office premises, Nazira.
- It is part of the ongoing Government of India’s initiative to celebrate 75 years of India’s Independence.
- The eminent person from agriculture, science, sports, education, and social service were felicitated on the occasion.
AICTE and BPR&D launches MANTHAN-2021
- Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) jointly launched MANTHAN-2021 on 26 August 2021.
- Hackathon “MANTHAN 2021” is a unique national initiative to identify innovative concepts and technology solutions for addressing the security challenges of the 21st century faced by our intelligence agencies.
Narendra Tomar launches campaign for farmers
- The Union Minister for Agriculture, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar launched the National Food and Nutrition Campaign for the farmers.
- It was organized by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The ICAR is the apex body for coordinating, guiding, and managing research and education in agriculture in the entire country under the aegis of the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
Sahitya Akademi announces 2020 Odia awards
- The Sahitya Akademi named authors Yashodhara Mishra and Omcherry N.N. Pillai as the winners of the 2020 awards for their works in Odia and Malayalam, respectively.
- Both winners would receive a “casket containing an engraved copper plaque” and cheques of ₹1 lakh.
- Sahitya Akademi is the central institution for literary dialogue, publication, and promotion in the country.
WCD minister addresses G20 Ministerial Conf.
- The Union Minister of Women & Child Development (WCD), Smt. Smriti Irani addressed the First-ever G20 Ministerial Conference on Women’s Empowerment at Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy.
- The conference acknowledged shared responsibilities to advance the goals of the development of women and girls in all spheres including Financial and Digital Literacy, Environment, and Sustainability.
“IRIS Home Fragrances” awarded PBI 2021
- IRIS Home Fragrances (IRF) has been awarded as Prestigious Brands of India (PBI) 2021 by Herald Global, under the FMCG Fresheners and Fragrance Category.
- IRF is India’s spatial fragrance brand and offers fragrances that are designed to rejuvenate, relax and energize the mind.
- The research work to finalize the awards was done by Brand Advertising Research & Consulting Pvt. Ltd.
NCERT, Microsoft team up for HLE 3.0 training
- India’s National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), Microsoft, and Tech Avant-Garde have joined hands for Hybrid Learning Education (HLE) 3.0 training for Indian school teachers.
- It aims to usher in Digital Transformation in Education and to empower the most important stakeholders of education – School Teachers.
AICTE launches 5 Lakh virtual internships
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) launched the virtual internship program offered by EduSkills and the Ministry of Education (MoE).
- 5,00,000 internships would be offered to the students of Engineering colleges & polytechnics.
- The program is being supported by Global Corporates like Amazon Web Services, Juniper Networks, Blue Prism, Palo Alto Networks, Red Hat, and Celonis.
APEDA organises workshops in J&K
- A one-day workshop on the “Safe Use of Pesticides and Adoption of Good Agricultural Practices” for the production of Basmati rice was organized at Dayalachack, Kathua, J&K on 26 August 2021.
- It was organized by the Department of Agriculture Production and Farmers Welfare in collaboration with the Agriculture and processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA).
Algeria cuts diplomatic relations with Morocco
- Algeria cut diplomatic relations with Morocco, citing what it called hostile actions by its most populous neighbor with which it has had strained relations for decades.
- While the border between the two North African powers has been closed since 1994, diplomatic relations have not been broken since they were restored in 1988 following an earlier dispute.
Narendra Modi chairs 37th PRAGATI meet
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 August 2021 chaired a meeting of the 37th edition of PRAGATI, the ICT-based multi-modal platform, involving the Centre as well as state governments.
- PRAGATI stands for Pro-Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
- In the 36 previous PRAGATI meetings, 292 projects having a total cost of Rs 13.78 lakh crore have been reviewed.
Delhi govt names Sonu Sood as brand ambassador
- Bollywood actor Sonu Sood has been named the brand ambassador by the AAP government in Delhi for the ‘Desh ka mentors’ program.
- Under the scheme, students would be guided in making their career choices.
- The programme entails “adopting” one or more Delhi government school students who can be mentored by citizens who are successful in their respective fields.
Puducherry CM presents the budget for the FY 2022
- Chief Minister of Puducherry Mr. N. Rangasamy on 26 August 2021 evening presented the budget for the year 2021-22 in the state assembly.
- The budget size for the year 2021-22 has been fixed at 9 thousand 9 hundred and 24 Crore rupees.
- The educational assistance scheme for SC/ST for providing free education right from class one to college level would be implemented from this year.
ECI organizes SVEEP Consultation Workshop
- Election Commission on 26 August 2021 organized two-day Systematic Voters’ Education and Electoral Participation (SVEEP) Consultation Workshop.
- The agenda of the workshop was to review State SVEEP Plans and conduct extensive deliberations on the important aspects of SVEEP for a comprehensive strategy for the forthcoming elections.
Anurag inaugurates first IBSA Youth Summit
- Youth Affairs and Sports Minister Anurag Thakur on 26 August 2021 inaugurated and addressed the first India-Brazil-South Africa (IBSA) Youth Summit through video conferencing.
- The theme of the Summit year 2021 is Youth in Governance, Youth Development Programme, Youth Development Index and Health of Youth-Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Youth.