Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Top Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 29th August 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs on 29th August 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Reserve bank of India launches a surveys
- The Reserve Bank of India on 28 August 2021 announced the launch of the households surveys to capture inflation expectations and consumer confidence, which provide useful inputs for its monetary policy.
- The survey aims at capturing subjective assessments on price movements and inflation, of about 6,000 households, based on their individual consumption baskets, across 18 cities.
India attracts $22.5 bln in FDI
- India attracted foreign direct investment (FDI) inflows of $22.53 billion during the first three months of the fiscal year starting on April 1, 2021, the government said on 28 August 2021.
- It is 90% higher than the April-June period 2020.
- India’s automobile industry accounted for 27% of the total FDI equity inflow, followed by computer software sectors which accounted for 17% of the inflows.
@Top Current Affairs 29th August 2021
#Top Current Affairs 29th August 2021
Bio-Tech signs contract with Biological E
- Leading contract research firm Vivo Bio Tech on 28 August 2021 has signed a long-term supply contract with vaccine maker Biological E.
- Hyderabad-based Vivo Bio-Tech is a full-service CRO (contract research organisation) offering drug development and discovery services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies worldwide.
Army Sikh Regiment’s 175th Foundation Day
- The Sikh Regiment of India Army celebrated 175 years of its raising at Sikh Regimental Centre in Ramgarh Cantt on 28 August 2021.
- The events also included the release of the ‘SIKH’ magazine and the unveiling of the ‘Dodrans bicentennial’ silver trophy.
- The regiment has fought several successful battles in the pre-Independence era including World War- I and World War- II.
AFD to fund a biological conservation project
- French development agency Agence française de développement (AFD) has decided to fund the Rajasthan Forestry and Bio-development project.
- The project has provisions for sustainable income generation activities in the target villages with assistance to nearly 1,200 self-help groups.
- A bio-diversity park is also proposed to be developed in Bharatpur as part of the project.
NCL to launch skill development project
- Northern Coalfields Limited (NCL) would be launching a skill development project worth Rs 3.5 crore to impart training to 500 youths.
- The training would be in the area of plastic engineering trade with the objective of ensuring their job readiness in the competitive market.
- The training would be organized with the help of the Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology.
A book by Boria Majumdar & Kushan Sarkar
- A new book “Mission Domination: An Unfinished Quest” by Boria Majumdar & Kushan Sarkar, was launched.
- The book details the short story of many Indian cricketers such as Rishabh Pant, Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, R. Ashwin, Cheteshwar Pujara.
- The book contains many dimensions ranging from international cricket to domestic cricket of the cricketers.
Book by Ritu Menon launched
- A book titled ‘Address Book: A Publishing Memoir in the time of COVID’ has been written by writer Ritu Menon.
- Menon co-founded Kali for Women, India’s first feminist press in 1983.
- She is also a founder-director of Women Unlimited, an associate of Kali for Women.
“Zair-Al-Bahr” between India and Qatar
- The second edition of the joint naval exercise, Zair-Al-Bahr, between the Indian Navy and Qatar Emiri Naval Force (QENF) was conducted between August 9 and 14, 2021 in the Persian Gulf.
- It included a three-day harbor phase followed by a two-day sea phase.
- The Indian Navy’s Stealth Frigate INS Trikand, fast-attack crafts of MRTP 34 class, and Rafale fighter aircraft participated.
Sustainable Development Impact Summit 2021
- The annual Sustainable Development Impact Summit would take place on September 20-23, 2021.
- It would be organized by World Economic Forum(WEF).
- The theme of the summit is ‘Shaping an Equitable, Inclusive and Sustainable Recovery’.
- Established in 1971, WEF is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
“Battlefield” by Vishram Bedekar
- A book titled ‘Battlefield’ has been authored by Vishram Bedekar.
- It is a translated version of the Marathi original Ranaangan by Jerry Pinto.
- The book details the story of a shipboard romance between a German-Jewish woman an Indian man when both were fleeing Europe before World War II.
Hisar Airport in Haryana was renamed MAIA
- Haryana chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar announced that the state’s first civil airport at Hisar would be named Maharaja Agrasen International Airport (MAIA).
- The Hisar Airport is the first DGCA licensed Public Aerodrome of the Haryana state.
- This airport is presently under up-gradation to be transformed into an international airport by 30 March 2024.
Arvind Kumar assumes charge as CPCL MD
- Indian Oil group company, Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd (CPCL) on 27 August 2021 announced the appointment of Arvind Kumar as its Managing Director.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the proposal for the appointment of Indian Oil executive director Arvind Kumar to the post of CPCL Managing Director.
CAB tie-up with Visva Bharati
- The Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) and Visva Bharati have reached an agreement for regular physical and psychological evaluation of various age-group cricketers for their all-round development.
- The evaluation process would prove crucial to finding out the weaknesses in budding cricketers and rectify it at an early stage.
1,000 wellness centres under NAM to be set up
- Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal announced that 1,000 wellness centres would be set up across northeastern states as part of the National Ayush Mission (NAM).
- The objective of the initiative is to provide services of a holistic wellness model based on Ayush principles.
- The Centre had approved the continuation of the NAM as a centrally sponsored scheme for five years till March 2026.
UCO bank MD term extended for 2 years
- State-owned UCO Bank on 28 August 2021 informed that the government has extended the term of its MD and CEO Atul Kumar Goel for two years.
- The government has also extended the terms of two executive directors each in Punjab National Bank and Union Bank of India, and one executive director of Central Bank of India.
29 August: National Sports Day
- National Sports Day is celebrated every year in India on 29 August.
- The day is celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of Indian hockey legend, Major Dhyan Chand.
- He played a very significant role in helping India complete their first hat-trick of Olympic gold medals with victories at the 1928, 1932 and 1936 Summer Olympics.
- First National Sports Day was celebrated in India in 2012.
Weekly one-liners – 4th (22nd – 28th Aug 2021)
- India has been elected to the Council of Administration (CA) at 27th Universal Postal Union (UPU) Congress in Abidjan, Ivory Coast.
- India’s complex mission to evacuate its citizens from Kabul has been named “Operation Devi Shakti” by the MEA.
- Pres. Ram Nath Kovind laid the foundation stone of UP’s first AYUSH University in Gorakhpur.
- RBI has appointed Ajay Kumar as the Executive Director.
Weekly one-liners – 3rd (22nd – 28th Aug 2021)
- The RBI has approved the re-appointment of Sandeep Bakhshi as MD and CEO of ICICI Bank.
- East Sikkim has been ranked first in the first edition of the North Eastern Region District SDG Index.
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya took charge as the Chairman of Stop TB Partnership Board (STBPB).
- Labour and Employment Minister Bhupendra Yadav has launched the e-Shram portal.
Weekly one-liners – 2nd (22nd – 28th Aug 2021)
- The World Water Week is being observed from 23-27 August 2021.
- The Government of India launched a new geospatial planning portal ‘Yuktdhara’.
- Copenhagen has been ranked top in the Safe Cities Index 2021 released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU).
- Headmaster of Malda’s Shovanagar High School Hariswami Das has been selected for the President’s Award from Bengal’s Malda for 2021.
Weekly one-liners – 1st (22nd – 28th Aug 2021)
- India’s highest altitude herbal garden was inaugurated in the Chamoli district of Uttarakhand.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 23 August 2021 launched the National Monetisation pipeline.
- International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition is observed on 23 August.
- Pres. Ram Nath Kovind on 22 Aug’21 appointed La. Ganesan as the new Governor of Manipur.
T. Chand led the Indian contingent at Paralympics
- Javelin thrower Tek Chand led the Indian contingent at the opening ceremony of the 16th Paralympic Games in Tokyo, Japan.
- The world’s biggest parasports event once again returns to Japan 57 years after hosting the 1964 edition.
- The Indian contingent is nearly thrice as large as that of Rio 2016.
Vice President releases a book
- Vice President Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated a book called ‘Accelerating India, 7 years of Modi Government’.
- It has been authored by Former Union Minister KJ Alphons.
- The book commemorates the achievement and evaluation of two elected terms of PM Modi as the Head of Parliamentary.
- The Vice President also appreciated the efforts of the 28 authors who have contributed 25 essays to the book.
CVC re-appoints T Bhasin as chairmen of ABBFF
- The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) re-appointed T M Bhasin as chairman of the Advisory Board for Banking and Financial Frauds (ABBFF).
- Bhasin served as vigilance commissioner in the CVC for four years from June 2015 to June 2019.
- Other members of the said ABBFF would be Madhusudan Prasad, former secretary of Ministry of Urban Development; D K Pathak, and David Rasquinha.
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-