SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 – Eligibility Criteria, Exam Dates, Syllabus and How To Apply – Staff Selection Commission released the notification for Combined Graduate Level Examination 2020 for filling up of various Group “B” and Group “C” posts in different Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations. Expected 10,000+ vacancies will available for this recruitment. Candidates with the qualification of any degree can apply for this job. The selection process is based on the examinations. Eligible candidates can apply for this post online on or before 31 January 2021. The detailed eligibility and application process for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Exams are given below.
- 1 SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Notification Details
- 2 SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Vacancy Details
- 3 SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Pay Scale
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
- 5 Educational Qualification for SSC CGL 2021 Recruitment
- 6 Age Limit for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
- 7 SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Application Fee
- 8 SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Selection Process
- 9 SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Exam Pattern
- 10 SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Syllabus
- 11 Section Wise Tips to Prepare for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
- 12 Important Book to Prepare for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
- 13 How to apply for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
- 14 SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Important dates
- 15 Important Links to Apply for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
- 16 A Quick FAQ to Apply for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
- 16.1 What is SSC CGL?
- 16.2 What are the posts offered through SSC CGL 2021?
- 16.3 What is the total number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2021?
- 16.4 What is the minimum percentage required by a candidate to apply for SSC CGL?
- 16.5 Can a candidate apply for more than one post?
- 16.6 Do we have to choose all the groups of posts while applying for SSC CGL?
- 16.7 Will Tier-I Exam Marks will be considered for final selection?
- 16.8 What posts require a Computer Proficiency Test?
- 16.9 What is the recruitment process for SSC CGL 2021?
- 16.10 What is the tentative date for SSC CGL Tier-1 exam?
- 16.11 What topics or subjects are asked in SSC CGL Exam?
- 16.12 Is there negative marking in SSC CGL Exam?
- 16.13 What is the qualifying marks for SSC CGL Paper III?
- 16.14 Whether the exam will be held online or offline?
- 16.15 What is the Fee Payable for SSC CGL 2021?
- 16.16 What is the Last Date of Apply Online for SSC CGL Recruitment?
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Notification Details
The Staff Selection Commission conducts the Combined Graduate Level Exam, which is known as the SSC CGL. SSC CGL 2021 is that hotspot where candidates with good intellect and potential applications in large numbers. As a job in SSC CGL offers a lucrative pay scale, job security with decent career growth prospects it is one of the most sought-after graduate exams. Through SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 the selected candidate is placed in the non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
|Exam Name||SSC CGL 2021 (Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level 2021)|
|Conducting Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer- Based Test)|
|Posts offered||Group B and C officers under central Government|
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Vacancy Details
SSC CGL Group-B Posts
Pay Level-8 (Rs 47600 to 151100):
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Depart|
|Assistant Accounts Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts Depart|
Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400):
|Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretariat Service|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of Railway|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of External Affairs|
|Assistant Section Officer||AFHQ|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/Departments/ Organizations|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations|
|Assistant Section Officer||Other Ministries/ Departments/ Organizations|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT|
|Inspector (Central Excise)||CBIC|
|Inspector (Preventive Officer)|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue|
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation|
|Inspector Posts||Department of Post|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics|
Pay Level-6 (Rs 35400 to 112400):
|Assistant||Other Ministries/ Departments/|
|Assistant/Superintendent||Other Ministries/ Departments/|
|Divisional Accountant||Offices under C&AG|
|Sub Inspector||National Investigation Agency (NIA)|
|Junior Statistical Officer||M/o Statistics & Programme Implementation.|
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Registrar General of India|
SSC CGL Group-C Posts
Pay Level-5 (Rs 29200 to 92300):
|Auditor||Offices under C&AG|
|Auditor||Other Ministry/ Departments|
|Auditor||Offices under CGDA|
|Accountant||Offices under C&AG|
|Other Ministry/ Departments|
Pay Level-4 (Rs 25500 to 81100):
Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks
|Central Govt. Offices/|
Ministries other than
|Sub-Inspector||Central Bureau of|
|Dte. Gen Border Road|
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Pay Scale
|SSC CGL Pay Level-8 (Rs 47600 to 151100)|
|Name Of Post||Ministry||Group||Grade Pay|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Indian Audit & Accounts
Department under C&AG
|Assistant AccountsOfficer||Indian Audit &Accounts
|SSC CGL Pay Level-7 (Rs 44900 to 142400)|
|Name Of Post||Ministry||Group||Grade Pay|
|Assistant Section Officer||Central Secretariat Service||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section Officer||Intelligence Bureau||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of Railway||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section Officer||Ministry of External Affairs||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section Officer||AFHQ||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Section Officer||Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector of Income Tax||CBDT||Group “C”||4600|
|Inspector (Central Excise)||CBIC||Group “B”||4600|
|Assistant Enforcement Officer||Directorate of Enforcement,
Department of Revenue
|Sub Inspector||Central Bureau of Investigation||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector Posts||Department of Post||Group “B”||4600|
|Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “B”||4600|
|SSC CGL Pay Level 6 (Rs 35400 to 112400)|
|Name Of Post||Ministry||Group||Grade Pay|
|Assistant||Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations||Group “B”||4200|
|Assistant/Superintendent||Other Ministries/Departments/Organizations||Group “B”||4200|
|Divisional Accountant||Offices under C&AG||Group “B”||4200|
|Sub Inspector||NationalInvestigationAgency (NIA)||Group “B”||4200|
|Junior Statistical Officer||M/o Statistics &ProgramImplementation.||Group “B”||4200|
|Statistical Investigator Grade-II||Registrar Generalof India||Group “B”||4200|
|Post Pay Level-5 (Rs 29200 to 92300) in CGL|
|Name Of Post||Ministry||Group||Grade Pay|
|Auditor||Offices under C&AG||Group “C”||2800|
|Auditor||Other Ministry/Departments||Group “C”||2800|
|Auditor||Offices under CGDA||Group “C”||2800|
|Accountant||Offices under C&AG||Group “C”||2800|
|Other Ministry/Departments||Group “C”||2800|
|CGL Post Pay Level-4 (Rs 25500 to 81100)|
|Name Of Post||Ministry||Group||Grade Pay|
|Senior Secretariat Assistant/
Upper Division Clerks
|Central Govt. Offices/
Ministries other than CSCS cadres.
|Tax Assistant||CBDT||Group “C”||2400|
|Tax Assistant||CBIC||Group “C”||2400|
|Sub-Inspector||Central Bureau of Narcotics||Group “C”||2400|
|Upper Division Clerks||Date. Gen Border Road Organization (MoD)||Group “C”||2400|
Eligibility Criteria for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
Educational Qualification for SSC CGL 2021 Recruitment
Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer:
- Essential: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
- Desirable: Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters I Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
Junior Statistical Officer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Mark Mathematics at 12th standard level. OR
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
Statistical Investigator Grade-II:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects from a recognized University or Institute. The candidates must have studied Statistics as a subject in all the three years of the graduation course
All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
Note: The candidates appearing in the final year of their graduation can also apply, however, they must possess Essential qualification on or before 01.01.2020
Age Limit for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
The age limit for the SSC CGL 2021 as per the post is given below.
|CSS||20-30 years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Intelligence Bureau||Not exceeding 30 Years||Assistant Section Officer|
|Directorate of Enforcement,|
Department of Revenue
|Up to 30 years||Assistant Enforcement Officer|
|M/o of Statistics & Prog.|
|Up to 32 years||Junior Statistical Officer|
|NIA||Up to 30 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBI||20-30 years||Sub Inspector|
|Narcotics||18-25 years||Sub Inspector|
|CBEC||20-27 years||Tax Assistant|
|Department of Post||18-30 years||Inspector|
|Other departments||18-27 years||All other posts|
SSC CGL 2021 Age Relaxation: As per government guidelines age relaxation in SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 is given in the table below:
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Application Fee
Application Fees: Rs. 100/-
Note: No application fees for Women/SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Service
Mode of Payment: Fee can be paid through BHIM UPI, Net Banking, or by using Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, RuPay Credit or Debit card or in cash at SBI Branches by generating SBI Challan.
- UPSC Recruitment 2021 for Junior Scientific Officer/Assistant Professor
- Join Indian Navy Recruitment Notification Out for Scientific Assistant
- Rail Wheel Plant Recruitment 2021 Notification Out for Trainee Apprentice
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Selection Process
The SSC CGL Exam is conducted in four stages: || Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4. ||
- Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
- Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- Computer Proficiency Test/ Data Entry Skill Test (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
The candidates who secure the SSC CGL Cut-off in Tier I will be able to appear for the Tier II Exam.
- Separate cut-offs will be fixed for Paper-III of Tier-II (i.e. for the post of JSO and Statistical Investigator Grade-II), Paper-IV of Tier-II (i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer and Assistant Accounts Officer), and for Paper-I + Paper-II of Tier-II (i.e. for all other posts).
- Tier-II and Tier-III Examinations will be conducted for all the candidates qualified in Tier-I.
- In Tier-II, all the candidates will be required to appear in Paper-I and Paper-II. However, only specific candidates shortlisted for the posts of JSO/ Statistical Investigator and Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer will be required to appear in Paper-III and Paper-IV respectively.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Exam Pattern
Tier-I: Computer Based Examination
This Exam consists of 100 questions for 200 Marks. The total time duration is 60 minutes.
|General Intelligence Reasoning (25 Q)||50|
|General Awareness (25 Q)||50|
|Quantitative Aptitude (25 Q)||50|
|English Comprehension (25 Q)||50|
Tier-II: Computer Based Examination
This examination conducted for 120 minutes
|Paper-I Quantitative Abilities(100 Q)||200|
|Paper-II English Language & Comprehension(200 Q)||200|
|Paper-III Statistics (100 Q)||200|
|Paper-IV General Studies(Finance and Economics) (100 Q)||200|
Tier-III: Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
This examination is conducted for 60 minutes.
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essays/ Precis/ Letter/ Applications etc.)||100|
Tier-IV (Skill Test):
In the Tier-IV, Computer Proficiency Test and Data Entry Skill Test will be conducted.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Syllabus
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Syllabus For Tier 1
SSC CGL Tier 1 comprises 100 questions in total with maximum marks of 200. SSC CGL Tier 1 is of 60 minutes. SSC CGL Tier I is divided into four sections with 25 questions each and maximum marks of 50.
The sections asked in SSC CGL Tier I Exam are:
- General Knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Reasoning
- English Comprehension
The Topic-wise Syllabus of Tier 1 is given in Table below:
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||General Awareness||Quantitative Aptitude||English Comprehension|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge||Simplification||Reading Comprehension|
|Paper Folding Method||Sports||Percentage||Phrases and Idioms|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion||One word Substitution|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages||Sentence Correction|
|Venn Diagram||Portfolios||Speed, Distance, and Time||Error Spotting|
|Direction and Distance||People in the News||Number System||Fill in the Blanks|
|Verbal reasoning||Economic||Time and Work|
|Non-Verbal Reasoning||Awards and Honors||Algebra|
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Syllabus For Tier 2
SSC CGL Tier 2 exam will be conducted online comprising of four exams with about 100 or 200 (English) questions in each section and with maximum marks of 200. Candidates have to complete each Exam in 2 hours.
The sections asked in SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam are:
- Quantitative Ability.
- General Studies (Finance & Economics).
- English Language & Comprehension.
The Topic-wise SSC CGL Syllabus of Tier 2 is given in the table below:
|Quantitative Aptitude||English Language||Statistics||General Awareness|
|Simplification||Reading Comprehension||Collection and Representation of Data||Finance and Accounting|
|Interest||Spelling||Measure of Dispersion||Fundamental Principles|
|Averages||Fill in the Blanks||A measure of Central Tendency||Financial Accounting|
|Percentage||Phrases and Idioms||Moments, Skewness and Kurtosis||Basic Concepts of Accounting|
|Ratio and Proportion||One Word Substitution||Correlation and Regression||Self-Balancing Ledger|
|Speed, Distance, and Time||Sentence Correction||Random Variables||Error Spotting and Correction|
|Number System||Error Spotting||Random Variables|
|Mensuration||Cloze Test||Sampling Theory||Economics and Governance|
|Data Interpretation||Para Jumbles||Analysis and Variance||Comptroller and Auditor General of India|
|Time and Work||Synonyms-Antonyms||Time Series Analysis||Finance Commission|
|Algebra||Active-Passive Voice||Index Number||Theory of Demand and Supply|
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Syllabus For Tier 3
SSC has decided to conduct a Descriptive Paper instead of an Interview in SSC CGL for all the candidates who qualify SSC CGL Tier 2 Examination. SSC CGL Tier 3 Descriptive Paper (Pen and Paper Mode) is introduced to test the writing skills of the candidates. The exam is conducted in offline mode (Pen and Paper Mode). The paper is in English/ Hindi language and will constitute 100 marks. Candidates have to complete the entire paper in 60 minutes.
|Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (Writing of Essay,Precis, Letter, Application, etc.)||100 marks||1 hour or 60 minutes|
(80 minutes for
Note:- Candidates have to score 33 marks (33 percent) to qualify for the Descriptive Paper.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Syllabus For Tier 4
SSC CGL Tier 4 Exam is a Computer Skill Test. SSC CGL Tier 4 is conducted in two steps:
- Skill Test in Data Entry (DEST) Test and
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) Test.
DEST: Candidates are required to type 2000 words in 15 minutes on a computer in English. This test is conducted to check a candidate’s typing skills. Candidates are given an article in English which they have to type on Computer. For the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise and Income Tax), DEST Exam through the SSC CGL 2021 exam is conducted to check the typing speed of the candidate.
CPT: This test is conducted to check a candidate’s proficiency in Word Processing, Spreadsheets and Generation of Slides are the three areas that are tested by the SSC for the post of CSS, MEA, Inspector (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner).
Note:- SSC CGL Tier 4 is qualifying in nature, no marks will be rewarded in SSC CGL Tier 4.
Candidates have to score well in all the Tiers i.e., Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3, and also qualify in Tier 4 of SSC CGL to get the desired post and location.
Section Wise Tips to Prepare for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
For General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- This section is very scoring so candidates need to focus more on this part.
- This section needs concentration, with proper guidance & ample practicing candidates can get full marks.
- The reasoning part plays a crucial role in deciding the merit of candidates.
- Reasoning questions are less time taking than Aptitude questions in SSC exams.
- Make General Intelligence & Reasoning your main weapon in the exam.
- Marks of candidates also depend on this section.
For the English Language:
- This part is easy to score & less time taking.
- It is often seen that candidates seem this part tough & less scoring.
- In this section, candidates need to focus more on some scoring topics like One Word Substitution, Errors, Miss Spelt Words, Comprehension, Cloze Test.
- As it is very useful in scoring marks in the written exam, candidates are advised not to leave the English part less prepared.
- Don’t spend more time mug up Antonyms & Synonyms.
- In this part on mere focusing on 5 or 6 sections candidates can easily score good marks.
For Quantitative Aptitude:
- Candidates need to save time in the written exam to solve this section.
- As this part takes more time to solve the problems, candidates are advised to save time from Reasoning, English & General Awareness.
- Candidates set your target to No. of questions to be solved with giving proper attention to all other sections.
- The topic-oriented scheme is useful for problem-solving.
- To answer this part candidate needs to practice more on selected topics.
- Candidates are advised to not solve time taking questions.
- Only after practicing more & more Questions, the habit of recognizing the nature of a question by merely seeing it can come.
For General Awareness:
- Candidates can focus more study of General Science.
- In recent times SSC asks a number of questions from the General Science section.
- Candidates can cover the syllabus according to their strengths as questions are to ask from History, Current Affairs, Geography, Polity, Economy.
- Wrong Answers weaken your chances of scoring more marks in the Tier-I exam.
- Candidates are advised to select questions on which you have full confidence.
- Focus on Questions asked in Previous Year Papers.
- Try to give as many quizzes as possible. It will increase your Knowledge.
Important Book to Prepare for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
- Mathematics 7300+ objective by Rakesh Yadav
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- NCERT books for Maths (Class 7th to Class 10th)
- High School Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi (Arihant)
- Previous Year questions of SSC by Kiran Prakashan
- Plinth to Paramount by Neetu
- Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Kiran’s SSC Reasoning chapters
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by Arihant
- Arihant’s SSC CGL Solved Papers
- Manorama Yearbook (English)
- Lucent General Knowledge
How to apply for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
Candidates are required to apply online to register themself for SSC CGL 2021 exam. As 31stst January 2021 will be the last day to apply for SSC CGL 2021 Exam, so candidates are required to fill the online application form before 31stst January 2021 (11:30 PM). Given below are the steps that a candidate would need to take for successful online registration for the exam.
Step 1: Click on the official link for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 which is provided above on this page or Go to the official website of SSC (https://ssc.nic.in/).
Step 2: The registration link for SSC CGL 2021 will open up in the new window.
Step 3: Click on New User / Register Now link.
Step 4: To begin with the online registration for SSC CGL 2021, a candidate needs to provide basic details of themselves like name, parents name, date of birth, email id, mobile number, etc.
Step 5: Click on the submit button to submit your online registration form for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021. It is advised that candidates verify their details before submitting the form. All the candidates will be issued a Registration ID for SSC CGL 2021 exam.
Candidates are required to login with the provided Registration ID, date of birth and password to complete registration for SSC CGL 2021.
Step 6: In the next step, candidates are required to upload photograph and signature by following the requisites mentioned by Staff Selection Commission of India.
Photograph – The photograph of a candidate must be clicked in front of white color or light-colored background. The size of the photograph must be more than 4 kb and less than 12 kb in size. The resolution of the photograph must be 100*120 pixels in width and height.
Signature – The signature provided by the candidate must be in black or blue ink on the white sheet. The scanned copy of the signature that needs to be submitted must be in jpg format and it should be more than 1 kb and less than 12 kb in size. The resolution of the image should be 40*60 pixels in width and height.
Step 7: Login with registered ID and password to complete the Part-II of the application form of SSC CGL 2021.
Step 8: After filling out the application form, candidates must preview the entire application of SSC CGL 2021 once to look for any glitches in the form, if any as the application form once submitted cannot be edited again.
Step 9: Click on Final Submit button after previewing the complete online SSC CGL 2021 application form.
It is advised that Candidates download and get print copies of submitted application form of SSC CGL 2021.
SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Important dates
The exam dates for SSC CGL 2021 has been released by SSC along with its official notification. Check SSC CGL 2021 exam date & other important dates below:
|SSC CGL Notification Date||December 29, 2020|
|Online Form submission Start||December 29, 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application||January 31, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit Online Fee||January 31, 2021|
|Last Date to Submit Offline Fee||February 06, 2021|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 1||29th May to 07th June 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier-1 Answer Key Date||June 2021|
|SSC CGL Tier 1 Result Date||July/August 2021|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 2||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Answer Key Date||To Be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier 2 Result Date||To Be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 3||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Tier 3 Result Date||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL 2020 Exam Date: Tier 4||To be Notified Later|
|SSC CGL Final Result Date||To be Notified Later|
Important Links to Apply for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
SSC – (Staff Selection Commission) conduct recruitment for Group “B” and Group “C” exam for the various Government post. The candidates looking for the complete details about SSC CGL 2021, they can get it from the official site (after the release of SSC CGL official notification). You can apply for it from the official site but before that make sure you have understood the requirement completely.
|Telegram Channel||Google News|
|How to Apply||Apply Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
A Quick FAQ to Apply for SSC CGL Recruitment 2021
What is SSC CGL?
SSC CGL or Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level Exam, is conducted to select eligible graduates for multiple non-gazetted posts offered by the Government of India.
What are the posts offered through SSC CGL 2021?
SSC conducts the SSC CGL Exam to recruit candidates for various Non-Gazetted Posts. Following are the posts under SSC CGL :
Assistant Audit Officer
Assistant Accounts Officer
Assistant Section Officer
Inspector Of Income Tax
Inspector (Central Excise)
Inspector (Preventive Officer)
Asst. Enforcement Officer
Junior Statistical Officer
Accountant/ Junior Accountant
Senior Secretariat Assistant/ UDC
Upper Division Clerk (UDC)
What is the total number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2021?
Currently, the number of vacancies for SSC CGL 2020-21 is not announced. SSC CGL 2021 Vacancy will be announced at the time of Document Verification.
What is the minimum percentage required by a candidate to apply for SSC CGL?
No percentage criteria to apply for SSC CGL Exam. But for the post of Statistical Investigator Grade-II Post, a candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% and above in Mathematics during his Bachelor’s if he/she did not have statistics as the main subject.
Can a candidate apply for more than one post?
Yes! A candidate may apply for more than one post at a time if you fulfill the eligibility conditions criteria of the other post too.
Do we have to choose all the groups of posts while applying for SSC CGL?
Yes! It is advised that you select all the groups of posts while applying for SSC CGL Exam because it increases the chance of getting a position through the SSC CGL Exam.
Will Tier-I Exam Marks will be considered for final selection?
Yes! A consolidated score of all the four levels/tiers of the SSC CGL 2021 Exam are will be taken into consideration for the final merit list.
What posts require a Computer Proficiency Test?
The following posts require a Computer Proficiency Test:
Assistant Section Officer (CSS)
Assistant Section Officer (MEA)
Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO)
Assistant (GSI) in M/o Mines
What is the recruitment process for SSC CGL 2021?
There are 4 tiers out of which first 2 are online MCQ tests, 3rd is a descriptive test and the 4th tier is computer skill test.
What is the tentative date for SSC CGL Tier-1 exam?
29th May 2021 to 07th June 2021.
What topics or subjects are asked in SSC CGL Exam?
Questions from Reasoning Ability, Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness are asked in SSC CGL Exam.
Is there negative marking in SSC CGL Exam?
Yes. There is a negative marking of 0.50 in Paper I and 0.25 in Paper II of SSC CGL.
What is the qualifying marks for SSC CGL Paper III?
Candidates have to score 33 marks (33 percent) to qualify for the Descriptive paper.
Whether the exam will be held online or offline?
The preliminary exam will be through online mode while the main exam will be conducted through offline mode i.e. pen & paper based exam.
What is the Fee Payable for SSC CGL 2021?
Rs. 100 (One hundred only)
All Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying application fee, as per extant government orders.
What is the Last Date of Apply Online for SSC CGL Recruitment?
Last Date To Filling & Submitting Online Application is 25-01-2021.