IIT Full Form is the Indian Institute of Technology. IIT is the most renowned and recognized Institute of engineering in India. IIT is an autonomous public engineering institute that provides engineering discipline with higher education. In India, there are some 19 IITs that are governed by the Institutes of Technology Act 1961. .IIT operates a variety of postgraduate and graduate projects in electronics and electrical engineering, civil engineering, mechanical engineering, architecture and computer science, and so on.
- 1 Ranking and its history
- 2 The Indian Institutes of Technology
- 3 Popular Courses offered By IIT Institutes (IIT Full Form)
- 4 List of IIT Institutes
- 5 How to Apply to IIT
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 A Quick FAQ to IIT
- 7.1 What is the IIT Full Form?
- 7.2 Who founded IIT?
- 7.3 Why is IIT famous?
- 7.4 How many IIT are in India?
- 7.5 Which is the biggest IIT in India?
- 7.6 What is the salary of an IIT engineer per month?
- 7.7 How can I get scholarship in IIT?
- 7.8 Is it compulsory to live in hostel in IIT?
- 7.9 Which is better IIT or NIT?
Ranking and its history
The ranking is a well-established scientific process that helps educational institutions and rankings used to evaluate and compare educational institutions. Top 4 IITs in India 4 IITs have been able to achieve very high rankings since the beginning. However, the same cannot be said about IITs that started in the past, such as the National Institute of Technology and NIT, Rajasthan. However, IIT Madras came into existence only in 1972, and after some years, its ranking went high. How To Find The Best IIT? The Ranking of Indian Institutes of Technology is a list that lists and ranks all the best IITs in the world.
The Indian Institutes of Technology
India has a tradition of educational excellence that dates back several centuries. The first ‘Institute of Technology in India was established in 1905 by the British Indian government. It was named The Madras Engineering College and was founded to cater to the needs of the Indian government and academia.
At that time, the first four colleges to be established were: The National College of Engineering (Established in 1926), IIT Kharagpur (Established in 1929), IIT Roorkee (Established in 1932), and IIT Bombay (Established in 1936). IIT Madras is one of the most recognized, elite, and top-ranked universities in India. The first batch of undergraduate students was admitted into the engineering college in 1930 and was a success story for the first Indian Institute of Technology.
Popular Courses offered By IIT Institutes (IIT Full Form)
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Materials and Metallurgical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering, etc.
List of IIT Institutes
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
- IIT Bombay
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Guwahati
- IIT Bhubaneswar
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Gandhinagar
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Hyderabad
- IIT Patna
- IIT Jodhpur
- IIT Indore
- IIT BHU
- IIT Mandi
- IIT Palakkad
- IIT Tirupati
- IIT Goa
- IIT Dharwad
- IIT Ropar
- IIT Jammu
- IIT Bhilai
Latest Full Forms
|RT-PCR Full form||Full Form of DSP|
|Full Form of NCC||Full Form of VFX|
|Full form of LPG||Full Form Of NGO|
|Full form of MSP||FMCG Full Form|
|Full form of DP||Full Form of CEO|
How to Apply to IIT
- Candidates should pass their PCM board exams as major subjects with an aggregate of at least 75 percent. The credentials often vary in the purpose of the caste system. NTA(National Testing Agency) conducts the JEE exams (JEE Main and JEE Advanced). The JEE MAINS marks have no impact on candidate rank for IIT admission, as the entire ranking depends on marks scored by the candidate in JEE advanced test.
- After the JEE has revealed advanced ranks, candidates have to fill a specific stream with preferences for the various IITs. Then counseling initiates after a few days, the option that suits the score and availability of seats will contribute to seat allocation. Then applicants must confirm their seat in a certain period if they are taking admission to IIT.
- Each IIT must finalize its date of admission upon registration, and the procedure and documentation needed for it. All these data will be made available on the institute‘s website.
IIT is considered the premier engineering school in India, and the learning facility is the highest-ranked engineering college in India. The reason is how IIT has achieved the most difficult of human challenges in the world.
A Quick FAQ to IIT
What is the IIT Full Form?
The full form of IIT is Indian Institute of Technology.
Who founded IIT?
Dr. Humayun Kabir played an important role in establishing IITs. He encouraged Dr B. C. Roy, the Chief Minister of West Bengal to work on Sir Ardeshir’s proposal for a IIT.
Why is IIT famous?
Being a premier educational institution in India, IIT offers numerous opportunities for gaining industrial exposure and enhancing technical skills. Here numerous technical and cultural fests are held throughout the year.
How many IIT are in India?
At present, there are 23 IITs in India which are governed by the Institute of Technology Act, 1961 – a common IT council.
Which is the biggest IIT in India?
IIT Kharagpur has the largest campus which spreads over 2000 acres .
What is the salary of an IIT engineer per month?
The average salary offer received by graduates of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) is Rs11. 1 lakhs (around $16,000) per annum, nearly 140% higher than the Rs4. 7 lakhs that entry-level engineers make in the country, a research by online assessments platform Mettl said.
How can I get scholarship in IIT?
The students whose parents annual income does not exceeds Rs. 4,50,000/- are eligible to apply for the same. It is available for 25% of students admitted, with an exemption from payment of of Rs 25,000/semester. Renewal of scholarship is also possible every semester, subjected to a minimum GPA of 5.0
Is it compulsory to live in hostel in IIT?
It is not compulsory at all. While studying in any IIT, you can take any other hostel, room or PG etc., as per your wish. While studying in any IIT, you can take any other hostel, room or PG etc., as per your wish. If you live near IIT-Delhi you need not to live in IIT-Delhi hostel.
Which is better IIT or NIT?
When it comes to the quality of education provided IITs are ahead of the NITs. Both IITs and NITs are extremely good in providing education and producing good engineers, but at the same time the top IIT colleges have an edge because of their high standard of studies.