CRPF Full form is Central Reserve Police Force. CRPF is the largest Central Armed Police Forces in India, and it functions under the aegis of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of the Government of India. CRPF is headquartered in New Delhi, India and its primary goal is to assist the state and union territory governments in maintaining law and order in their territories. The government of India has also established the CRPF academy to train the young candidates who want to join the CRPF.
What Is the CRPF? CRPF Full form?
The Central Reserve Police Force was constituted in 1956 under the CRPF Act, 1950, to replace the British forces who were instrumental in establishing the Central Police Forces. The force was established to perform the security duties of India against any internal or external threat. The origins of the CRPF dates back to the formation of the Constabulary in 1850, which evolved into the Central India Provincial Police in 1860, the United Provinces Police in 1913, and the Central India Highlanders in 1936. In 1938, the force was renamed the Central Police Forces. In 1951, the Constabulary and Central India Provincial Police renamed the Central Reserve Police Force. In the year 1956, the Central Reserve Police Force was replaced by the Central Armed Police Force.
The CRPF academy is located at Dehradun in Uttarakhand. It is one of the oldest CRPF training institutes, which was established in 1964, and since then, it has trained thousands of CRPF personnel who have taken to the field. Recently, it has been upgraded and renamed CRPF Academy as the National Police Academy. CRPF also carries out several training missions for Indian and foreign militaries. CRPF was entrusted with the duty to train the Indian army after independence. The army during that time was to provide an extra security measure for the western borders of India. The troops were to provide security to the borders and, if needed, to be deployed in various parts of India for maintaining law and order as per the state government’s request.
How does the CRPF Academy help?
The CRPF Academy in Mysuru was established as an assistant to the state government of Karnataka in 1997, and the Centre accepted the proposal to develop the academy at a later stage. CRPF has undertaken various initiatives to impart training to the recruits, and there have been several training programmes and courses for trainees. These are listed below: Army Officers & Other Posts at CRPF Academy Mysore These officers and other posts at the CRPF Academy Mysore consist of combat soldiers, administration and support staff, medical officers, section commanders and other support staff of different ranks.
Who can join CRPF?
This question is often asked by many youths out there who are not well informed about the basic details of CRPF. To answer this question, we will first look at the recruitment process of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF). Advertisement What is CRPF? As mentioned earlier, the full name of CRPF is Central Reserve Police Force. CRPF is a paramilitary force that is set up under the CRPF Act of 1984. CRPF is also the first paramilitary force of the country, which was established in 1948. As of March 2018, the CRPF is made up of about 5 lakh personnel. How to apply for CRPF? You can either go through online portals or reach out to the main office of the CRPF for applying for the vacant posts. The applicant should be an Indian national and must be between the ages of 18-35 years.
What are the benefits of joining CRPF?
- Recruitment to the CRPF comes with a substantial competitive selection process. To become a part of the Central Reserve Police Force, a candidate must clear a rigorous medical test that includes a psychological assessment, physical test, physical fitness test, and academic tests. After clearing this rigorous test, the selected candidate is awarded Form No.11.
- Once a candidate is selected, a letter is sent to his or her parent/ guardian where the details of the recruitment process, syllabus, and the conditions related to the recruitment. Moreover, it also explains about the recruitment fees. On completion of the recruitment process, candidates are awarded Form No. 7
The CRPF has recently released an official notification regarding the recruitment of candidates for the post of constables. The candidates have been invited to participate in the written examination scheduled to be conducted every year. Interested candidates can check the official notification for more details regarding the same. Here’s how to check the CRPF’s Recruitment Notification Online:
- Visit the official website of CRPF at crpfindia.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Official Announcement’ under the ‘Recruitment’ link. The notification will be available on the homepage.
- Scroll down to find the link to the online application form for the same.
- Click on the same and fill in the details required on the application form.
Latest Full Forms
|RT-PCR Full form||Full Form of DSP|
|Full Form of LLM||Full Form of VFX|
|Full form of LPG||NCERT Full Form|
|Full form of MSP||FMCG Full Form|
|Full form of ITI||Full Form of CEO|
How to apply
Here’s all you need to know about how to apply for the vacancy. Eligibility criteria Here’s what you need to fulfill to apply for the job.
- The job application of CRPF is limited to candidates between 18 and 28 years of age and not above 30 years.
- Age limit An applicant should be at least 18 years old and not more than 28 years old.
- Required experience: It is required to hold a Bachelor’s Degree and must be a first-degree holder. A candidate must have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in any of the fields of work listed in their form.
- Besides that, the person must have completed an equivalent number of years of formal/intensive training to obtain the rank of sergeant or corporal. Now that you know what’s mandatory, you can go ahead and apply for the job.
CRPF Selection Process
The CAPF recruitment for Assistant Commandants in CRPF is conducted in a well-planned manner. The exam is done through various stages. The three steps of the CRPF Exam being:
- CRPF Written Exam (Objective and Subjective)
- Physical Efficiency Test and Medical Standards Test
- Interview or Personality Test
|CRPF Exam Pattern||Duration of Exam||Marks|
|Written TestPaper I: General Ability and Intelligence (Objective)|
Paper-II: General Studies, Essay, and Comprehension (Subjective)
|2 hours3 hours||250 marks200 marks|
|Personality Test||—||150 marks|
Of late, the central government has established several full form codes of the central government security forces to educate the people on how to respond to different emergencies. With the increasing stress to maintain peace in the country, the government has established several full form codes of all the security forces. For example, CRPF, CISF and ITBP provide all the related information and details to serve India’s people better.
A Quick FAQ to CRPF
What is the full form of CRPF?
The full form of CRPF is Central Reserve Police Force.
Is CRPF a part of Indian Army?
Forces like BSF, CRPF, ITBP, CISF and SSB which come under Ministry of Home Affairs were earlier considered paramilitary forces, but from March 2011 have been reclassified as Central Armed Police Forces to avoid confusion, You must know that these forces are totally different form Indian Army.
Is CRPF a police or army?
After Independence, the force was renamed as Central Reserve Police Force by an Act of Parliament on December 28, 1949. This Act constituted CRPF as an armed force of the Union.
Who is powerful CRPF or state police?
The primary role of CRPF is to assist the Union Territories/States in various operations to counterinsurgency and retain law and order. CRPF’s main task is to ensure internal security.
What is CRPF salary?
All the selected candidates on joining Central Reserve Police Force as a Constable, after the introduction of the 7th Pay Commission, will be placed in the Pay Scale Rs. 15,600 – Rs. 60,600/-
Is CRPF get pension?
However, the para military forces — BSF, CISF, CRPF, ITBP, NSG, SSB and Assam Rifles, which are under the MHA, have been treated unequally and have been put under hybrid pension scheme.