UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 – 40 post Eligibility, Salary, Admit Card, Exam Date, and Full Notification – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has given a notification for the recruitment of Combined Geo-Scientist Examination 2020. Those Candidates who are interested in the vacancy details & completed all eligibility criteria can read the Notification & Apply Online. Also Read: OFDC Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online for 146 Accounts Asst, LDA & Other Posts
UPSC CGS Recruitment Important Dates
- Starting Date to Apply Online: 07-10-2020
- Last Date for Receipt of Applications: 27-10-2020 till 18.00 Hours
- Online Applications can be Withdrawn: From 04 to 10-11-2020 till 18.00 Hours
- Date for Preliminary Exam: 21-02-2021Date for Main Exam: 17 & 18-07-2021
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020: Exam Summary
|Salary RS. PM||
|Job Add Date||
|Job Expired Date||
|Qualifications||Master Degree/ Post Graduate|
|Job Category||State/ Central Govt/ Sarkari Naukri, UPSC/ SSC/ PSC/ Commissions Jobs|
|Job Location||Delhi, All India|
|Post Name:||UPSC CGS|
|Total No of Vacancy:||40|
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Qualification, Eligibility, and Age Limit & Relaxation:
A candidate must be either:
- a Citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d), and (e) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be admitted to the Examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
- Age Limits: A candidate for this examination must have attained the age criteria as prescribed below:-
- For Chemist (Group ‘A’) in the Geological Survey of India, an attached office of Ministry of Mines, Government of India: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January 2021] i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1989 and not later than 1st January 2000.
- For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’, Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A’ and Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ in Central Groundwater Board, Ministry of Water Resources:-
Must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained at the age of 32 years on 1st January 2021 i.e. he/she must have been born not later than 2nd January 1989 and not later than 1 st January 2000.
NB: Candidates should ensure that they meet the age eligibility criteria for each post mentioned above for which they are applying.
- The upper age limit will be relaxable up to a maximum of 7 years in the case of Government servants, if they are employed in a Department mentioned in Column I below and apply for the corresponding post mentioned in column II.
|Column I||Column II|
|Geological Survey of India||Chemist Group ‘A’|
|Central Ground Water Board||( i ) Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’. (ii) Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical) Group ‘A’. (iii)Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics) Group ‘A’.|
d) The upper age limit prescribed above will be further relaxable as follows:
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
- Up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- Up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services Personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof:
- Up to a maximum of five years in the case of Ex-Servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st January 2021 and have been released (i) on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st January 2021) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or (ii) on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service or (iii) on invalid.
- Up to a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of 5 years Military Service as of 1st January 2021 and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issue a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on 3 month’s notice on a selection from the date of receipt of an offer of appointment.
- Up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped persons. up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims, and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability, and mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to
(d) including deaf-blindness.
Note I:—Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes and the Other Backward Classes who are also covered under any other clauses of Para 3(II)(d) above, viz. those coming under the category of Ex-servicemen and (a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and
mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness etc. will be eligible for grant of cumulative age relaxation under both the categories.
NOTE II-The term Ex-Servicemen will apply to the persons who are defined as Ex-Servicemen in the Ex-servicemen (Re-employment in Civil Service and Posts) Rules, 1979, as amended from time to time.
NOTE Ill- The age concession under Para 3(II)(d)(iv) and (v) will be admissible to Ex-servicemen i.e. a person who has served in any rank whether as a combatant or non-combatant in the Regular Army, Navy and Air Force of the Indian Union and who either has been retired or relieved or discharged from such service whether at his own request or being relieved by the employer after earning his or her pension.
NOTE IV- Notwithstanding the provision of age-relaxation under para 3(II)(d)(vi) above, a person with benchmark disability will be considered eligible for appointment only if he/she (after such physical examination as the Government or appointing authority, as the case may be, may prescribe) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the concerned Services/ posts to be allocated to the persons with benchmark disabilities by the Government.
Note V- The details of Functional Classification (FC) and Physical Requirements (PR) of each service is indicated in this Notice which is identified and prescribed by the respective Cadre Controlling Authorities (CCAs) as per the provisions of Section 33 and 34 of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016. Only those category (ies) of disability (ies) mentioned in the Notice shall apply for the Examination under Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD) categories. Therefore, the candidates belonging to the Persons with Benchmark Disability categories are advised to read it carefully before applying for the Examination.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed. The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the Main Examination.
No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records, and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificate mentioned above.
NOTE I:- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate as on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
NOTE II:- Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently (or at any other Examination of the Commission) on any ground whatsoever.
NOTE III:-The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in an online application form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
N.B. – (i) The candidature of a person who is admitted to the Examination under the age concession mentioned in para 3(II)(c) above, shall be canceled, if after
submitting his/her application, he/she resigns from service or his/her services are terminated by his/her department/office, either before or after taking the Examination. He/she will, however, continue to be eligible if he/she is retrenched from the service or post after submitting the application.
- A candidate who, after submitting his/her application to his/her department is transferred to another department/office will be eligible to compete under departmental age concession for the post(s), for which he/she would have been eligible, but for his/her transfer, provided his/her application, duly recommended, has been forwarded by his/her parent Department.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- For Chemist Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India and Scientist ‘B’(Chemical) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B.
M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 i.e. recognized University.
(a) For Scientist ‘B’(Hydrogeology) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W.B.
Master’s degree in Geology or Applied Geology or Marine Geology or Hydrogeology from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
(b) For Scientist ‘B’(Geophysics) Group ‘A’ in C.G.W. B.
Master of Science degree in Physics or Applied Physics or Geophysics or Applied Geophysics or Marine Geophysics or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Technology) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
No t e I: Master‘s degreei n re sp e ct i v e disciplin e mean s the post gradu a te d e g r e e o r p o s t g r a d u a t e d i p l o m a o f min i m u m tw o years duratio n af te r graduation from aforesaid University or Institute in the respective discipline, whether be it an inte grate d course o r otherwise.
Note II : A c a n d idate w h o h as appe ar ed at an examination, the passing of which w o uld r e nde r hi m / her e d uc at io nally qualified for this Examination but has not been informed of the result, may apply for a d m i ssion t o th e Ex am in atio n . A candidate who intends to appear at such a qualifying examination may also apply. Such candidates will be admitted to the Examination, if otherwise eligible but their a d m i s s i o n w o u l d b e d e e m e d to be provisional and subject to cancellation if they do not produce proof of having passed the requisite qualifying examination along with the Detailed Application Form which will be required to be submitted by the candidates who qualify on the result of the Main Examination. Such proof of passing the requisite examination should be dated earlier than the due date (closing date) of the Detailed Application Form of the Combined Geo-Scientist Examination, 2021, which will be required to be filled up by them who are declared qualified for the Stage-III of the Examination
i.e. Personality Test/Interview.
Note III: A candidate who is otherwise qualified but who possesses the Master’s degree from a foreign University approved by the Government may also be admitted to the Examination by the Commission.
Note IV: Candidate possessing common qualifications in sub-para (i) can apply for both the posts.
NOTE V: In exceptional cases, the Commission may treat a candidate who does not possess any of the qualifications prescribed in this rule, as educationally qualified provided that he/she has passed e x a m i n a t i o n s c o n d u ct e d b y o t h e r institutions, the standard of which in the opinion of the Commission, justifies his/ her admission to the Examination.
(IV) PHYSICAL STANDARDS:
Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to the Examination, 2021 as per Regulations given in Appendix-II of the rules for the Combined Geoscientist Examination, 2021 in the Gazette of India dated 7th October 2020.
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Application Fee
- Candidates should pay Rs. 200/-
- Pay the fee by remitting the money in any Branch of Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card or by using Internet Banking of SBI.
- Female/ SC/ST/ Persons with Benchmark Disability Candidates are exempted from payment.
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Vacancy
|Post Name||No of Post|
|Chemist, Group A||15|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Hydrogeology), Group A||16|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Chemical), Group A||03|
|Scientist ‘B’ (Geophysics), Group A||06|
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Selection Process
Candidates will Selection for Combined Geo-Scientist Recruitment 2020 Based on Preliminary, Mains Written Examination and Interview.
How To Apply: Candidates are required to apply online only by using the Union Public Service Commission Official Website www.upsconline.nic.in. before 27 October 2020.
UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Important Links
You can find all important links (Detailed UPSC CGS notification 2020, Official Website, etc.) to apply for Union Public Service Commission, Central Geological Service (UPSC CGS) Recruitment 2020. Before filling the online application form for UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020, We suggest interested candidates read the official UPSC CGS notification before filing an application form for Union Public Service Commission, Central Geological Service (UPSC CGS) Recruitment 2020.
|Download UPSC CGS Notification in PDF Format||Click here|
|Apply online||Part I | Part II|
|Additional reference documents, if any.||N/A|
Quick FAQ to Apply UPSC CGS Jobs in Across India
Who can apply for jobs in UPSC CGS?
Any India citizen who is eligible can apply for jobs in Union Public Service Commission, Central Geological Service (UPSC CGS).
How to submit UPSC CGS online application form 2020?
You have to apply online.
Below are common steps to fill UPSC CGS application form 2020 online
1. Read detailed UPSC CGS recruitment notification 2020 (notification in PDF format is already provided on this page).
2. Before you start to fill UPSC CGS recruitment online application form, Make sure that you are eligible as per Age, Education, etc.
3. While registering for the very first time, make sure to provide the correct email ID and Mobile number.
4. Fill UPSC CGS recruitment online application form as per education certificates or mark sheet (Link to apply online is already provided on this page).
5. Pay application fees as per describe in UPSC CGS recruitment notification 2020 using online mode like Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, Net Banking, etc (If, any).
6. Note down online transaction reference number, UPSC CGS application Login details for future reference.
Below are common steps to fill UPSC CGS application form 2020 offline
1. Read detailed UPSC CGS recruitment notification 2020 (notification in PDF format is already provided on this page).
2. Download UPSC CGS offline application form, other related forms and take a print-out of the same.
3. Before you start to fill UPSC CGS recruitment offline application form, Make sure that you are eligible as per Age, Education, etc.
4. After filling Union Public Service Commission, Central Geological Service (UPSC CGS) offline application form, bundle it with all education mark sheet, Certificates, etc. (Make sure to use xerox copy, Do not send original documents)
5. Fill all required documents into a suitable envelope, pack it well and send it to the provided address.
6. Pay application fees as per describe in UPSC CGS recruitment notification 2020 using online mode like Credit Card, Debit Card, UPI, Net Banking or DD, etc and enclose transaction receipt in the same envelope.
7. Send the envelope to provided UPSC CGS office address.
What is the full form of UPSC CGS in india?
Full form of UPSC CGS is Union Public Service Commission, Central Geological Service (UPSC CGS).
What is the last date to apply to upsc.gov.in recruitment 2020?
UPSC CGS last date to apply is 27-10-2020 till 18.00 Hours.
Application submission deadline for the UPSC CGS Scientist & Chemist recruitment is 27-10-2020 till 18.00 Hours. Selection to UPSC CGS Scientist & Chemist post will be through shortlisting and/or interview.
#UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020 Notification Out for 40 Vacancies
##UPSC CGS Recruitment 2020
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification