UPSC NDA Exam 2021 – 400 Posts Eligibility, Salary, Admit Card, Exam Date, and Full Notification – Union Public Sevice Commission invites online application form from the eligible candidates for National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I),2021. A total of 400 vacancies are allotted for the Army Wing of National Defence Academy and Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy. Candidates who completed the 12th standard are eligible to apply for this job. The selection process is based on the written test and interview. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online at (www.upsconline.nic.in) website on or before 19 January 2021 till 6:00 PM. The detailed eligibility and application process are given below.
- 1 UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Notification Details
- 2 UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Vacancy Details
- 3 Pay Scale for UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021
- 4 Eligibility Criteria for UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021
- 5 UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Application Fee
- 6 UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Selection Process
- 7 UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
- 8 UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Syllabus
- 9 How to apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2021
- 10 UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Exam Dates
- 11 UPSC NDA Exam Centres
- 12 UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Preparation Tips
- 13 UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Reference Books
- 14 Important Links to Apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2021
- 15 A Quick FAQ to Apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2021
- 15.1 What is the full form of UPSC?
- 15.2 How many seats have been allocated in UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021?
- 15.3 What is the minimum qualification for UPSC NDA Exam 2021?
- 15.4 What is the selection process of UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021?
- 15.5 How you apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2021?
- 15.6 What is the last date for apply UPSC NDA Exam 2021?
- 15.7 Related
UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Notification Details
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the detailed notification for National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (I) 2021 on its official website. Candidates willing for admission in Army, Navy, and Air Force Wings of NDA for 147th Course and for 109th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing for 02 January 2022 can apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Notification.
|Name of Exam||UPSC NDA Exam 2021|
|Exam full form||National Defence Academy|
|Types of exam||Board Level|
|Level of exam||National Level|
|Course Offered||UPSC Exams (Indian Army, Navy & Air Force)|
|Exam Conduct By||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Mode of application form||Online|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Helpline Number||011-23098543 / 23381125 / 23385271 / 23098591|
|Email Address||[email protected]|
UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Vacancy Details
The UPSC NDA 2021 vacancies are out. A total number of 400 vacancies are released for the recruitment
The distribution of these vacancies is given in a tabular form below.
|National Defence Academy||370 (208 for Army, 42 for Navy and 120 for Air Force)(including 28 for ground duties)|
|Naval Academy (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)||30|
Pay Scale for UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021
Fixed Stipend for Cadet Training for Army Officers and equivalent ranks in Air Force and Navy:
Rs 56,100/- p.m. (Starting pay in Level 10)
Lt to Major
- Lt – Level 10 (56,100 – 1,77,500)
- Capt – Level 10 B (61,300-1,93,900)
- Maj – Level 11 (69,400 –2,07,200)
Lt Colonel to Major General
- Lt Col – Level 12A (1,21,200 –2,12,400)
- Col – Level 13 (1,30,600-2,15,900)
- Brig – Level 13A (1,39,600-2,17,600)
- Maj Gen – Level 14 (1,44,200-2,18,200)
Lt Gen AG Scale
- Level 15 (1, 82, 200-2,24,100)
HAG + Scale
- Level 16 (2,05,400 – 2,24,400)
VCOAS/ Army Cdr/ LtGen (NFSG)
- Level 17 (2,25,000/-) (fixed)
- Level 18 (2,50,000/-) (fixed)
Military Service Pay (MSP) to the officers from the rank of Lt to Brig:
Rs 15,500 p.m. fixed
The Army Aviators (Pilots) serving in the Army Aviation Corps are entitled to flying allowance at Rs 25,000/- p.m.
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021
Educational Qualification for UPSC NDA Exam 2021
For Army Wing of National Defence Academy:
- 12th class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:
- 12th class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.
- A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of Armed Forces is not eligible to apply.
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II), 2020 as per guidelines.
Age, Gender & Marital Status for UPSC NA Exam 2021
- Gender: Only male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA. Female candidates are barred from applying.
- Age Limit: The candidate’s age should be between 16.5 – 19.5 years. Candidates born between July 02, 2002, and July 01, 2005, are eligible to apply for NDA I. Candidates born between January 02, 2003, and January 01, 2006, are eligible to apply for NDA II.
- Marital Status: Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Application Fee
The application fee can be remitted in either ONLINE or OFFLINE mode.
- The standard application fee for all candidates applying to the NDA exam is INR 100.
- SC/ST category candidates are exempted from paying fees.
- Eligible sons of Joint Commissioned Officers (JCOs), Non Commissioned Officers (NCOs), and Other Rank Officers (Ors) from the Indian Army are also exempted from paying any fees.
Steps by step process, to pay the NDA application fee
- If you pay in the ONLINE mode, on the homepage, click on the link that will allow you to pay the fee.
- You can use internet banking facilities, debit card/ credit card / other available options to remit the fee online.
- Seek acknowledgment after paying the fee online.
- In the OFFLINE mode, remit the fee in person at any of the recognized SBI branches and receive an E-challan for the same.
- Enter the E-challan number in the application form where you have provision to pay the fee.
- Receive an acknowledgment for paying the requisite fee.
- SSC CGL Recruitment 2021 Notification Out for Group B and Group C Posts
- UPSC Recruitment 2021 for Junior Scientific Officer/Assistant Professor
- Join Indian Navy Recruitment Notification Out for Scientific Assistant
UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Selection Process
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of the written exam will be invited for the SSB interview.
- SSB will be conducted for four to five days.
- Candidates who successfully qualified SSB round will further be called for medical test and document verification processes.
UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
- The NDA exam is conducted only in the OFFLINE mode.
- Objective type of questions with multiple choices of answers is asked.
- The written test is conducted for 900 marks.
- Mathematics covers 300 marks, and the General Ability section covers 600 marks.
- Questions will b asked in both English and Hindi languages.
- Exam duration is a maximum of 5 hours.
- Negative marking is applicable. 1/3rd of marks allotted for a particular question is deducted for every wrong answer selected.
|General Mathematics||2 hours and 30 minutes.||300|
|General Ability Test||2 hours and 30 minutes .||600|
|Total marks allotted for written test||900|
SSB Interview Process
- Candidates qualifying in the written round will be further called in for the interview round.
- The interview process is spread over a series of 5 days.
- All candidates who have qualified in the written round have to attend all five days of interview for further processing of their candidature.
The Pattern for SSB interview rounds is tabulated below:
|Interview Day||Type of Test|
|First Day||Psychological Test|
|Second Day||Perception Test|
|Third Day||Group Discussion|
|Fourth and Fifth Day||Combined Group Task|
UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Syllabus
We present the NDA syllabus for both written round and personality test round in the following sections:
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Vector Algebra
General Ability Syllabus
Part – A
English: The English syllabus covers the topics like vocabulary, Grammar and usage, comprehension and cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English.
Part – B
General Knowledge: The question paper comprises of general knowledge and covers the subjects that include Physics, Chemistry, Social Studies, General Science, Geography and Current Events.
Section A – Physics
Motion of objects, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Force and Momentum, Parallelogram of Forces, Stability and Equilibrium of bodies, Gravitation, elementary ideas of work, Velocity and Acceleration, Power and Energy, Sound waves and their properties, Simple musical instruments, Natural and Artificial Magnets, Properties of a Magnet, Earth as a Magnet, Siphon, Levers, Balloon, Pumps, Hydrometer, Pressure Cooker, Thermos Flask, Gramophone, Telegraphs, Telephone, Periscope, Telescope, Microscope, Mariner’s Compass; Lightening Conductors, Safety Fuses, Simple Pendulum.
Simple Pulleys, Physical Properties and States of Matter, Mass, Weight, Volume, Density and Specific Gravity, Principle of Archimedes, Pressure Barometer, Effects of Heat, change of State and Latent Heat, Modes of transference of Heat, Rectilinear propagation of Light, Reflection and refraction. Spherical mirrors and Lenses. Human Eye, Static and Current Electricity, Measurement of temperature and heat, conductors and Non-conductors, Ohm’s Law, Simple Electrical Circuits, Heating, Lighting and Magnetic effects of Current, Measurement of Electrical Power, Primary and Secondary Cells, Use of X-Rays.
Section B – Chemistry
Preparation and Properties of Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, and Carbon-Di-oxide, Oxidation and Reduction, Material used in the preparation of substances like Soap, Glass, Ink, Paper, Cement, Paints, Safety Matches, and Gun-Powder, Carbon – different forms, Physical and Chemical changes. Symbols, Formulas and simple Chemical Equations, Law of Chemical Combination (excluding problems). Properties of Air and Water, Acids, bases and salts, Elements, Mixtures and Compounds, Fertilizers – Natural and Artificial, Elementary ideas about the Structure of Atom, Atomic, Equivalent and Molecular Weights, Valency.
Section C – General Science
Basis of Life – Cells, Protoplasms and Tissues, Constituents of food, Balanced Diet, Achievements of Eminent Scientists, Difference between the living and non-living, Elementary knowledge of human Body and its important organs, Food – Source of Energy for man, Growth and Reproduction in Plants and Animals, Common Epidemics, their causes and prevention, The Solar System – Meteors and Comets, Eclipses.
Section D – History
Freedom Movement in India, Bhoodan, Sarvodaya, National Integration and Welfare State, Basic Teachings of Mahatma Gandhi, A broad survey of Indian History, with emphasis on Culture and Civilisation, Elementary knowledge of Five Year Plans of India, Elementary study of Indian Constitution and Administration, Panchayati Raj, Forces shaping the modern world; Renaissance, Exploration and Discovery; War of American Independence, French Revolution, Industrial Revolution and Russian Revolution, Impact of Science and Technology on Society, Concept of one World, United Nations, Panchsheel, Democracy, Socialism and Communism, Co-operatives and Community Development, Role of India in the present world.
Section E – Geography
Origin of Earth, Weathering – Mechanical and Chemical, Earthquakes and volcanoes, Atmosphere and its composition, Temperature and Atmospheric Pressure, Rocks and their classification, Planetary Winds, cyclones and Anti-cyclones, Humidity, Condensation and Precipitation, Major Natural regions of the World, Important Sea ports and main sea, land and air routes of India. Main items of Imports and Exports of India, Types of Climate, The Earth, its shape and size, Lattitudes and Longitudes, Concept of time, International Date Line, Movements of Earth and their effects, Ocean Currents and Tides, Regional Geography of India – Climate, Natural vegetation. Mineral and Power resources, location and distribution of agricultural and industrial activities.
Section F – Current Events
Current important world events, Knowledge of Important events that have happened in India in the recent years, prominent personalities – both Indian and International including those connected with cultural activities and sports.
It is not compulsory that the topics mentioned above will surely come in the examination. The question paper does not remain consistent, it changes every year. It may happen that the question paper will consist of the topic not discussed here.
UPSC NDA Intelligence and Personality Test 2021
Shortlisted candidates in the written exam will be called for Intelligence and Personality Test conducted by Services Selection Board (SSB) in two stages:
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website joinindianarmy.nic.in.
The personality of a candidate is assessed by three different assessors viz. The Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO), and the Psychologist. There is no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by assessors only after taking into consideration the performance of the candidate holistically in all the tests. In addition, marks for Conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of the Candidate in the three techniques and decisions of the Board. All these have equal weightage. The various tests of IO, GTO, and Psych are designed to bring out the presence/absence of Officer Like Qualities and their trainability in a candidate. Accordingly, candidates are Recommended or Not Recommended at the SSB.
How to apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2021
For UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Registration, candidates are required to apply only in the ONLINE mode. The application form consists of two parts – Part I and II. Candidates have to fill in all the correct details in the form. They also need to upload their scanned signature plus scanned photographs along with the form. After submission before the due date, candidates are requested to keep a print copy of the same for all their future references. UPSC does not require candidates to send a duplicate copy of the application form in any other mode. Also, candidates are advised not to send multiple applications for the same candidature. Below we have provided step by step process to fill in the UPSC NDA Exam 2021
- Visit the official website of UPSC – upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link that will provide display Part I of the application form.
- Fill in all the personal details without any errors. Candidate name, complete address, valid email id, mobile number, and other necessary contact details need to be submitted.
- Make sure that your personal details are matched and supported by valid documents issued by the government of India.
- The email id and phone number should be valid and in – use by the candidate. This information will be used by the UPSC authorities in all future communications.
- After cross-checking the details more than once, submit Part I of the application.
- Now enter Part II of the application.
- Select your choice of exam center, pay the application fees.
- Make sure you have a scanned photograph in JPEG format that is less than 300 kb in size. A scanned copy of your signature should also be in JPEG format, but the size should be necessarily more than 20 kb. Upload both documents.
- Carefully read the declaration part and confirm it too.
- Go through all the details once again; you will not be allowed to make any changes or modify your application form once it is submitted.
- Finally, submit the application form and make a note of the reference number for future use.
UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Exam Dates
|Events||NDA I||NDA II|
|Release of Notification||December 30, 2020||June 09, 2021|
|Application form||December 30, 2020||June 09, 2021|
|Last date to apply||January 19, 2021||June 29, 2021|
|Availability of Admit card||March 2021||August 2021|
|NDA 2021 Exam||April 18, 2021||September 05, 2021|
|Declaration of Result||May 2021||November 2021|
UPSC NDA Exam Centres
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Prayagraj (Allahabad), Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur, and Vishakhapatnam.
UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Preparation Tips
Here are some handy tips for the NDA Exam
- First of all, candidates should note that under the same exam conducting authority, i.e., UPSC, every exam has its unique way of marking scheme. Examiners don’t follow a set pattern for every exam on the list. So, candidates have to acquaint themselves with the relevant marking scheme for the respective exam.
- Identify the complete syllabus for the exam. Be thorough with what you study and what needs to be studied.
- Every topic will have a bunch of key points addressed in different places in different books. To combine all those points in one place, practice the habit of preparing good notes. It becomes a handy tool for reference and revision.
- To get the actual feel of the examination, you should always refer to previous year question papers, keep the key answers handy. This will help you familiarise yourself with the pattern and type of questions asked in the paper.
- Also, take ample time out to answer a mock test series that are available online. This way, you know where you are scoring and where you are lacking.
- Enough material in the form of books, online videos, encyclopedias, and other research guides are available.
- Instead of piling too much material, select the best ones and only those that are required for your study purpose.
- Apart from studying, it is equally important to measure your speed and accuracy levels of attempting the exam and improvise on them.
UPSC NDA Exam 2021 Reference Books
Here, we have indicated a list of reference books that are useful for the NDA Exam 2021.
- NDA Pathfinder
- Mathematics for NDA and NA by RS Aggarwal.
- Pearson guide for mathematics for the NDA entrance examination.
- Quantitative Aptitude series by RS Aggarwal.
- NCERT Textbooks (Class 6th to 12th)
- A Mirror of Common Errors by Ashok Kumar Singh.
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis.
- Concepts of Physics by H C Verma.
- Chemistry series by Arihant Publications.
- Indian Polity by Laxmikanth.
Important Links to Apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2021
UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021 free job alert for 10th 12th class passed candidates. The Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) has published a recruitment advertisement for UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021. The UPSC will hold the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy Examination (NA) (II), 201 for admission to the Army, Navy, and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 147th Course, and for the 109th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd January 2021. The last date for submission of online applications is 19th January 2021.
|Telegram Channel||Google News|
|How to Apply||Apply Here|
|Official Website||Click here|
A Quick FAQ to Apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2021
What is the full form of UPSC?
Union Public Service Commission
How many seats have been allocated in UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021?
The number of seats that allocated for Union Public Service Commission is 400.
What is the minimum qualification for UPSC NDA Exam 2021?
The UPSC National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II) minimum qualification is Matriculation / 10th Class and 12th Class Pass from a Govt. recognized Board.
What is the selection process of UPSC NDA NA Exam 2021?
The selection of qualified candidates for the admission of NDA training will be based on the written test and interview.
How you apply for UPSC NDA Exam 2021?
Eligible candidates should apply online through UPSC Online Portal website.
Part-I Registration, the candidate will have to fill basic information. On submission of details, the candidate will be prompted to check the details and make a correction, if any, in the application.
Part-II Registration consists of filling up Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document, selection of examination centre and Agreeing to Declaration.
What is the last date for apply UPSC NDA Exam 2021?
The UPSC NDA NA I 2021 online registration will be open from 30th December 2020. The Last date for submission of online application is 19th January 2021.