This question, again, is one of the most common questions thrown at Freshers. The reason behind the same is that Freshers undoubtedly applies for jobs in many companies. The interviewer(s) need to assess how serious you are about his company. In order to understand your true level of interest in this job, they ask you this question.
It has been observed that generally, candidates don’t answer this question properly and up to the interviewer’s satisfaction level. Hence, you need to take special care while preparing this answer. Few key areas, in this context, are mentioned below
- Know about the company’s operating activities – product and services its deals in.
- Do research about the company’s biggest achievements, current financial and other relevant data like annual turnover, profit, and production capacity.
- Learn and understand the Vision and long-term goals of the company. Get yourself acquainted with the immediate future plans and recent developments of the company that the company has made public.
- Know the ‘Top management’ members of the company. A basic idea about their image in the public shall be desirable.
- Read about the key competitors of the company/industry and the current ongoing issues faced by the industry.