Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 7th May 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 7th May 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Indian Army mobilizes two field hospitals
- The Indian Army has mobilized 2 field hospitals from the North East to Patna to assist the Bihar govt in fighting escalating cases of COVID-19 in the state.
- Medical officers and other support staff of the two hospitals will be utilized to set up a 500-bed facility at Patna.
- The hospital will have 100 ICU beds.
- Additional specialists, medical officers, the nursing staff will be also be moved.
@Top Current Affairs 7th May 2021
#Top Current Affairs
3rd phase of Covid vaccination suspended
- The Chhattisgarh Govt has suspended the third phase of the Covid vaccination drive for people aged 18 to 44.
- The decision came after the High Court’s order to modify the plan that prioritized inoculation of the economically weaker sections of society.
- The state government has constituted a committee to finalize a fresh plan to distribute vaccines in the third phase in an equitable manner.
Ayurvedic telemedicine facility in Haryana
- The Haryana Government has launched an Ayurvedic telemedicine facility for Corona patients.
- Any patient can consult the Ayurvedic doctors on phone by dialing 1075.
- A call center has been set up to run it and teams of senior Ayurvedic doctors have been appointed for consultation, who will provide service from 8 am to 10 pm.
New scheme launched in MP for poor
- The Madhya Pradesh government is launching a new scheme to provide free treatment to poor COVID patients.
- Under the scheme, the poor and common people of the state, including even the middle class, will be able to get free treatment for COVID-19 in the contracted private hospitals.
- Tests like CT scan, medicines, injections, oxygen, etc. shall be made available free of cost.
Agriculture Ministry formulates a strategy
- The Ministry of Agriculture has formulated a special Kharif strategy for implementation in the ensuing Kharif 2021 season with an aim to attain self-sufficiency in the production of pulses.
- Under the strategy, utilizing all the high-yielding varieties of seeds that are available either with the Central Seed Agencies or in the states will be distributed free of cost to increase area.
Army establishes COVID management cell
- The Indian Army has established a COVID management cell to coordinate assistance to civil authority.
- The Cell is under a Director General rank officer which reports directly to the Vice Chief of Army Staff.
- This will bring greater efficiency in coordinating real-time responses to address the exponential rise in COVID cases across the country including Delhi.
PM to participate in European Council meeting
- PM Modi will participate in the meeting of the European Council on 8 May 2021 as a special invitee.
- The India-EU Leaders’ Meeting is being hosted by the Prime Minister of Portugal António Costa.
- Portugal currently holds the Presidency of the Council of the European Union.
- PM Modi will participate in the meeting along with the Heads of State or Government, of all the 27 EU Member States.
2nd monthly installment of Deficit Grant
- The Finance Ministry has released the second monthly installment of Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant of Rs 9,871 cr for 2021-22 to 17 states.
- With this, a total amount of Rs 19,742 cr has been released in the first two months of the current financial year as Post Devolution Revenue Deficit Grant to the states.
- These states include Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, etc.
BRO celebrates 61st Raising Day
- Border Roads Organisation, BRO celebrated its 61st Raising Day on 7 May 2021.
- BRO is a leading road construction agency under the Ministry of Defence with a primary role of providing road connectivity in the border areas.
- It executes road construction and maintenance works along the Northern and Western frontiers primarily to meet the strategic requirements of the Army.
Journalist Shesh Narain Singh passes away
- Senior journalist Shesh Narain Singh passed away due to Covid-19 in May 2021.
- A columnist, political commentator, and an expert on foreign policy, Shesh Narain Singh had a career spanning over two decades.
- He appeared across a spectrum of TV debates and had immense knowledge of the political system of India.
“Ayurvedic Doctors on Call” service launched
- Gujarat unit of Ayurveda Vyaspeeth has launched an “Ayurvedic Doctors on Call” service to serve the Covid patients in the state.
- Under this service, 170 ayurvedic doctors will give free ayurvedic consultations to the Covid patients on phone calls.
- Similar services will also be launched in Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore, and Hyderabad.
M K Stalin takes oath as Tamil Nadu CM
- In Tamil Nadu, DMK leader M.K. Stalin took oath as the Chief Minister at a simple ceremony at Raj Bhavan on 7 May 2021.
- State Governor Banwarilal Purohit administered the oath to the Chief Minister and also to 33 Cabinet Ministers at Raj Bhavan.
- DMK forms the new government for the 6th time in the State after winning the 16th Assembly election.
Ecoppia producing robotic solar cleaning tech
- In a first-of-its-kind trilateral venture, an Israeli, Ecoppia, is producing an innovative robotic solar cleaning technology in India for a landmark project in the UAE.
- It specializes in robotic solar cleaning solutions and has its manufacturing base in India.
- It has over 2,700 MW of global projects and is a key element of the multilateral collaboration with the UAE-Israel-India Trilateral.
JSW Steel, JFE Steel plans a new plant in India
- JSW Steel and JFE Steel Corporation, have signed an MoU to conduct a feasibility study to establish a grain-oriented electrical steel sheet manufacturing and sales joint-venture company in India.
- The plan is to complete the study within the current fiscal year (2021-22)
- Grain-oriented electrical steel exhibits excellent magnetic properties in a single (rolling) direction.
World’s first 2nm processor chips
- IBM has unveiled the world’s first 2nm process chip.
- The 2nm here refers to the size of transistors on a chip.
- The new 2nm chip holds 333 million transistors per square millimeter.
- So, a chip, of the size of a fingernail (150 square millimeters in this context) can hold as many as 50 billion transistors.
CoWin system to introduce a new feature
- The CoWIN system is introducing a new feature of “4 digit security code” in the CoWIN application from May 8, 2021.
- After verification, if the beneficiary has been found as eligible, before administering the vaccine dose, the verifier/vaccinator will ask the beneficiary about his/her 4 digit code and then enter the same in the CoWIN system to correctly record the vaccination status.
‘Mukhyamantri Sewa Sankalp Helpline 1100’
- Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur launched COVID-19 helpline ‘Mukhyamantri Sewa Sankalp Helpline 1100’ on 6 May 2021 in Shimla.
- It is for facilitating the people regarding COVID-related issues.
- The callers can call from 7 am to 10 pm for seeking help regarding COVID-related issues.
- The call executive would register the complaint and contact concerned authorities for providing help.
Maharashtra emerges as a leader in vaccination
- Maharashtra has emerged as the leader in the COVID-19 vaccination drive as it crossed the 1.67 crore inoculation mark on 6 May 2021 in comparison to other states.
- It also became the first among the states to give both doses to the highest number of citizens.
- So far, the state has administered 1,67,81,719 doses.
- A total of 2,59,685 citizens were vaccinated on 6 May 2021.
Single Window Portal set up in J&K
- In Jammu and Kashmir, in order to provide further impetus to business and ensure ease of doing business, Single Window Portal has been set up and online clearances introduced.
- Special desks have been created in J&K Bank to address issues of youth and women entrepreneurs.
- Earlier, an industrial package was also announced, besides industry-friendly policies in 14 key sectors of the economy.
N Rengasamy to be sworn-in as CM of Puducherry
- The NR Congress Chief N Rengasamy will be sworn in as the Chief Minister of the Union Territory of Puducherry in a simple function arranged at Raj Nivas on 7 May 2021.
- Lieutenant Governor Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan will administer the oath of office and secrecy to Rengasamy.
- The three-time Chief Minister Rangasamy returns to power for the 4th time to lead the NDA government.
Important Link :-