Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 7th June 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 7th June 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Food Safety Day: 7 June
- June 7 each year is marked globally by the ‘World Food Safety Day’ as per the World Health Organization (WHO).
- It is observed annually to raise awareness about foodborne risks and help prevent, detect, and manage untoward diseases.
- The theme for the year 2021 is ‘Safe food today for a healthy tomorrow’.
- A resolution was adopted on Dec 20, 2018, by the assembly to mark June 7 as this day.
Transwoman in Development Policy Committee
- Tamil Nadu CM MK Stalin has revamped the state development policy committee and has appointed a 10-member team which is chaired by the CM.
- He has appointed a transgender Narthaki Nataraj and industrialist Mallika Srinivasan as part-time members of the State Development Policy Council.
- Nataraj was the first transwoman to have been honored with Indias fourth-highest civilian award.
Special ‘pink booths’ launched in UP
- The Uttar Pradesh government has decided to launch special ‘pink booths’ to encourage the women of the state to take a shot of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) vaccine.
- These booths have started operating in all 75 districts of the state on 7 June 2021.
- While one booth will cater to women between the age of 18 and 44, the other one to those above the age of 45.
National Cancer Survivors Day: 6 June
- On the first Sunday in June each year, National Cancer Survivors Day is observed in the U.S. and worldwide.
- The day was established by the nonprofit National Cancer Survivors Day Foundation in 1998.
- For the year 2021, the day fell on 6 June 201.
- The day is an international event to raise awareness of cancer, sufferers, and survivors.
Ollie Robinson suspended from cricket
- Soon after the first Test between England and New Zealand ended in a draw, the England Cricket Board (ECB) has suspended Ollie Robinson for his racist and sexist tweets that he made back in 2012-2013.
- He has been suspended from all international cricket.
- He would not be up for selection for the second Test.
Vivo ropes in Sara Ali Khan for Y-series
- Smartphone brand Vivo has roped in actress Sara Ali Khan as its ‘Chief Style Icon’ to promote its upcoming Y-series smartphones.
- As part of the association, Sara will be seen across the marketing campaign of upcoming stylish Y series smartphones, starting from Y73.
- She would also be doing a special unboxing of the Y73 phone on 10th June 2021.
AI Centre of Excellence honored
- The Artificial Intelligence Centre of Excellence (AI-CoE) led by Indian-American Krishna Kumar Edathil has received the state innovation of the year award as part of the 2021 State Scoop 50 National Awards.
- AI-CoE, a public-private partnership, offers free AI skills training to state information technology leaders.
- Krishna serves as the Director of Enterprise Solution Services for AI-CoE.
Shiv Rajyabhishek Din: 6 June
- Shiv Rajyabhishek Din is being celebrated in Maharashtra to mark the coronation day of the great Maratha warrior king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- The 348th Coronation Ceremony was celebrated at Raigad Fort where Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was crowned as the Chhatrapati of the Maratha Kingdom on June 6, 1674.
Procurement of paddy, wheat sets new records
- Paddy and wheat procurement from the farmers at Minimum Support Price (MSP) has set new records.
- Over 805 lakh metric tonnes of paddy have been procured registering an increase of nearly 10 percent compared to 2020.
- The procurement of wheat has also surpassed all previous records.
- With the procurement of nearly 414 lakh metric tonnes of wheat, an increase of over 12% has been witnessed.
HSBC appoints Hitendra Dave as India CEO
- HSBC has appointed Hitendra Dave as the interim CEO of HSBC India with effect from 7 June 2021.
- Dave succeeds Surendra Rosha who will be moving to Hong Kong as the co-chief executive of HSBC Asia-Pacific.
- He is the former Head of global banking and markets of HSBC India.
- He joined HSBC India in 2001 in the Global Markets business.
Kevadiya in Gujarat to become EV city
- Kevadiya in Gujarat is being developed as an electric vehicle city.
- The town also boasts of having the 182-meter statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel popularly known as the Statue of Unity.
- The push for EVs comes in the backdrop of the government’s ₹18,100 crore production linked incentive (PLI) scheme to make lithium-ion cells, with the government looking to attract investments worth ₹45,000 cr.
Odisha launches a doorstep delivery service
- The Odisha government has launched a doorstep delivery service for oxygen concentrators.
- This will further strengthen the state’s preparedness against present and future waves of covid-19.
- The home delivery service for oxygen concentrators will be available in 5 major cities of the state in the first phase.
Performance Grading Index 2019-20 approved
- Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ has approved the release of the Performance Grading Index 2019-20 for states and UTs.
- The PGI for states and UTs was first published in 2019 with the reference year 2017-18.
- Punjab, Chandigarh, Tamil Nadu, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, and Kerala occupy the highest grade, which is Grade A, for 2019-20.
Google fined $268 million
- Google has agreed to pay 220 mn euros ($268 million) to settle a French antitrust probe over its abuse of power in online advertising.
- It has been unfairly sending business to its advertising server and its online-ad auction house, to the detriment of rivals.
- In addition to the fine, Google promised to remedy the situation by improving the interoperability of its Google Ad Manager services.
L&T Construction bags a contract
- The water and effluent treatment business of L&T Construction has bagged an order from Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Board (BWSSB).
- It will build sewage treatment plants along with the construction of main sewers for 110 villages in the Mahadevpura and Bommanahalli region of Bengaluru city.
- The project is funded by the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
FIH world rankings: Indian team at 4th
- In Hockey, the Indian men’s team maintained their fourth position while the women’s team held to the ninth position in the latest International Hockey Federation world rankings.
- Belgium leads the rankings, followed by Australia.
- The Netherlands is placed third.
- Germany has jumped to fifth place due to its recent performances in the FIH Pro-League.
INS Sandhayak decommissioned
- Indian Navy’s oldest hydrographic survey ship INS Sandhayak was decommissioned in June 2021 at Naval Dockyard in Visakhapatnam after serving the nation for 40 glorious years.
- The ship has been an active participant in many significant operations such as Operation Pawan (assisting the Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka in 1987) and Operation Rainbow.
Bal Krishna: Chairman of the UPHRC
- Justice Bala Krishna Narayana, former Judge of the Allahabad High Court has been appointed as the new Chairperson of the Uttar Pradesh Human Rights Commission.
- Governor Anandiben Patel has issued an order regarding his appointment.
- He will hold his office for three years, or till he reaches the age of 70 from the date of assuming charge.
ICAR-IISR gets patent for a mixture
- Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)-Indian Institute of Spices Research (IISR) has received a patent for black pepper micronutrient foliar formulation.
- It had submitted the application for it in 2013.
- It has developed crop designer micronutrient foliar formulations for major spices like black pepper, turmeric, ginger, and cardamom in a bid to overcome micronutrient deficiencies.
Sanjeev Sahai picked for the PNGRB Chairman post
- Former Power Secretary Sanjeev Nandan Sahai has been selected as the new Chairman of oil regulator PNGRB.
- A Search Committee headed by V K Saraswat, Member, NITI Aayog, picked up Sahai, a 1986 batch IAS officer who retired as Secretary in the Ministry of Power on January 31, 2021.
- PNGRB stands for Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board.