Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 21st June 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs on 21st June 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Shutdown of Iran’s nuclear power plant
- Iran’s sole nuclear power plant has undergone an unexplained temporary emergency shutdown.
- The Bushehr plant shutdown began on 19 June 2021 and will last for three to four days.
- This is the first time Iran has reported an emergency shutdown of the plant.
- Bushehr is fueled by uranium produced in Russia and it is monitored by the United Nations’ International Atomic Energy Agency.
All 15 Kashmir stations integrated with Wi-Fi
- All 15 Kashmir valley railway stations, including Srinagar, are now integrated with the 6021 station Rail Wi-Fi network.
- The stations are Baramulla, Hamre, Pattan, Mazhom, Budgam, Srinagar, Pampore, Kakapora, Avantipura, Panzgam, Bijbehara, Anantnag, Sadura, Qazigund and Banihal.
- The country’s Wi-Fi rail network is one of the largest integrated Wi-Fi networks in the world.
Odisha CM announces a special scheme
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has announced a special scheme to provide financial support to the orphans.
- The scheme “Aashirbad”, is meant to offer financial support to orphan children, who have lost both their parents, or either of the earning parents.
- Under the scheme, different slabs of financial support, the maximum being Rs. 2500 per month, have been envisioned for such children.
Five Divyangta Khel Kendras to be established
- The government has announced the establishment of five Divyangta Khel Kendras in different parts of the country.
- The decision has been taken looking at the interest towards the sports among the Divyangjan and their good performance in Paralympics.
- One such facility will be opened in Ahmedabad.
- This was announced at the Samajik Adhikarita Shivir for the distribution of aids to Divyangjan.
- Read about Sports Awards in India
BCCI approves support for Olympic campaign
- BCCI Apex Council has approved up to Rs 10 crore to support India’s forthcoming Olympic campaign in Tokyo.
- It sanctioned the proposal in an emergent meeting after it received a request from the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
- The apex council has decided to release Rs 2.5 crore liquid funds and a maximum of Rs 7.5 crore for running a promotional campaign in the lead-up to the Olympics.
Sanjay Dhotre to represent India in G20 meet
- Minister of State for Education, Sanjay Dhotre will represent India in the G20 Education Ministers meet on 22 June 2021.
- He will also attend the joint meeting of G20 Ministers for Education and Labour and Employment on the same day.
- The two meetings are being held in a blended mode under the Chairmanship of Italy.
- India will be participating in virtual mode.
Final results of Ganga Quest 2021 announced
- The final results of Ganga Quest 2021, an online quiz contest, were announced on the occasion of Ganga Dussehra.
- Ganga Quest is an online quiz contest and an educational program to sensitize children and youth on River Ganga and other rivers of India and the environment.
- The quiz was organized by National Mission for Clean Ganga, Jal Shakti Ministry in association with Tree Craze Foundation.
2-day Summit on Green Hydrogen initiatives
- India is all set to host a two-day summit on Green Hydrogen initiatives beginning 22 June 2021 involving the BRICS nations.
- The prestigious event offers a platform to share their respective Green Hydrogen initiatives and views on how to take it to the next level in their own countries.
- It will be anchored by India’s largest power producer and one of the global energy majors, NTPC Ltd.
Max Verstappen wins French Grand Prix 2021
- Red Bull’s Max Verstappen has won the French Grand Prix on 20 June 2021.
- This was Verstappen’s 3rd victory in the ongoing F1 2021 season.
- He has also set the fastest lap and has 131 points as compared to 119 points of Hamilton who finished second.
- Verstappen’s Mexican teammate Sergio Perez finished third.
- Mercedes’ Valterri Bottas finished 4th while Lando Norris completed the top 5.
21 June: World Hydrography Day
- World Hydrography Day is observed every year on 21 June.
- The theme for World Hydrography Day 2021 is ‘One hundred years of international cooperation in hydrography.’
- The day was approved and implemented by the International Hydrographic Organization (IHO).
- The day is observed to increase awareness about the protection of safe navigation for sailors.
19 June: National Reading Day
- India observed the 26th edition of National Reading Day on 19 June 2021.
- It is an annual event that falls on the death anniversary of PN Panicker, the man behind the ‘Library Movement in Kerala’.
- The P N Panicker Foundation has been observing the national reading day, reading week, and reading month since June 19, 1996.
- The motto of National Reading Day is ‘Read and Grow’.
S Mitra bags European Inventor Award 2021
- Indian-American chemist Sumita Mitra has been honored with European Inventor Award 2021 in the ‘Non-European Patent Office Countries’ category.
- She successfully integrated nanotechnology into dental materials to produce stronger and more aesthetically pleasing fillings.
- The award is presented annually by the European Patent Office to recognize outstanding inventors from Europe and beyond.
PayPoint India partners with 12 institutions
- PayPoint India has signed agreements with 12 financial institutions to add lending vertical to its portfolio of services.
- The Mumbai-based company has signed ‘lead generation agreements’ with Punjab National Bank, ICICI Bank, Deutsche Bank, and NBFCs such as Bajaj Housing, Piramal Housing, and Hero Fincorp, among others.
- Ketan Doshi is the Managing Director of PayPoint India.
UN report on Forced Displacement
- As per a fresh report from the UN refugee agency, the number of people fleeing war and persecution continued rising in 2020, with global displacement climbing to over 82 million.
- The UN agency found that by the end of 2020, a record 82.4 million people were living as refugees or asylum seekers, or in so-called internal displacement within their own countries, up from some 40 million in 2011.
US-India hydrogen task force launched
- A US-India hydrogen task force has been launched under the aegis of the Strategic Clean Energy Partnership (SCEP).
- India and the US launched the Strategic Energy Partnership in New Delhi in April 2018.
- Four working groups have been created under the Strategic Energy Partnership—oil and gas, power and energy efficiency, renewable energy, and sustainable development.
International Yoga Day: 21 June
- The International Yoga Day has been celebrated annually on 21 June since 2015.
- The theme for International Yoga Day 2021 is ‘Yoga for well-being.’
- India, along with United Nations and WHO, is launching an app called M-Yoga aiming to provide easy access to Yogic practice.
- Yoga is an ancient Indian practice that helps in maintaining physical and mental well-being, and over the years.
WBR awarded Khyati Naravane with a Certificate
- Khyati Naravane has been awarded a ‘Certificate of Commitment’ by The World Book of Records (WBR), London for her commitment towards trade and industry during the COVID times.
- She is the CEO of the Federation of Telangana Chambers of Commerce and Industry.
- The World Book of Records (WBR) has taken an initiative to motivate and inspire people to be committed to safety.
INS Sahyadri bags ‘best ship’ title
- Indian Navy’s Sahyadri has been given the ‘best ship’ title at the Fleet Awards Function 2021.
- INS Kamorta has received the title of the most spirited ship.
- INS Kiltan and INS Khukri won the best corvette trophy amongst corvettes and similar classes of ships.
- The function was held on 19 June 2021 to mark the culmination of the Operational Cycle of the Eastern Fleet.
Covid Severity Score (CSS) Software launched
- Software can now identify patients likely to require ventilator support in an ICU and referral in time and make necessary arrangements before emergency sets in.
- The software called Covid Severity Score consists of an algorithm that measures a set of parameters.
- The Foundation For Innovations In Health, Kolkata in collaboration with IIT Guwahati has developed it.
Delhi govt launches course in Yoga Sciences
- Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has announced free instructors for those who want to learn yoga by forming a group.
- From October 1, 2021, these instructors will train people in different parts of Delhi free of cost
- The Delhi government also launched a one-year diploma course in ‘Meditation and Yoga Sciences’, in which around 450 candidates have enrolled themselves.
IDSA introduces direct selling in academics
- The Indian Direct Selling Association (IDSA) has introduced direct selling in academics.
- It has become the world’s second direct selling association to link academics with the industry.
- IDSA has collaborated with Shoolini University to introduce direct selling in academics and launch a center of excellence (CEDSA).
- CEDSA will be India’s first ‘center of excellence for direct selling.
Bank of Maharashtra tops PSU bank chart
- Bank of Maharashtra (BoM) has become a top performer among public sector lenders in terms of retail and MSME loan growth during 2020-21.
- The Pune-based lender recorded a 35 percent growth in MSME loans at ₹23,133 crores in 2020-21.
- It was followed by Indian Bank which posted a 15.22 percent growth in loan disbursal to MSMEs with aggregate loans at ₹70,180 crores at the end of March 2021.
KKR to buy stake in Vini Cosmetics
- US private equity firm KKR has signed definitive agreements with the Vini Cosmetics group to acquire a controlling stake in the company.
- Vini Cosmetics makes Fogg, a brand of deodorants and other consumer brands.
- KKR has invested $625 million to acquire the stake in the group that is led by Darshan and Dipam Patel and VC firm Sequoia Capital.
Aloe vera may be useful in making memory chips
- Aloe vera may be useful in making memory chips, according to a study by IIT Indore.
- Aloe vera has an “electronic memory effect chemical”, which may be useful in making memory chips and other data storage devices.
- The study was carried out by the Materials and Device (MAD) laboratory of the institution’s physics department.
- Synthetic chemicals are used for making memory chips currently.
Rupesh Patel: Senior Fund Manager of Nippon
- Nippon Life India Asset Management Limited (NAM India) has announced the appointment of Rupesh Patel as a Senior Fund Manager in equity investments.
- Hideaki Masago has been appointed as Deputy Chief Risk Officer.
- In his last role, Patel worked with Tata Mutual Fund as a Senior Fund Manager, equities, where he managed some of the flagship equity funds such as Midcap Growth, Large Cap, etc.
Hemis Tsechu celebrated on 19 June
- 19 June 2021 marked the Hemis Tsechu, the annual monastic festival of the Hemis Monastery.
- The festival is held to commemorate the birth anniversary of Padmasambhava popularly known as Guru Rinpoche.
- Hemis Tsechu is held in the courtyard of Hemis Monastery on the 10th and 11th of the fifth month of the Tibetan calendar.
- Hemis monastery is famous for being the largest monasteries in Ladakh.
Xiaomi develops a new technology
- Chinese smartphone maker Xiaomi has developed a technology that allows smartphones and other electrical devices to charge using sound.
- The patent was filed with the China National Intellectual Property Administration.
- The system uses mechanisms for storing energy and a sound charger.
- It converts the vibration from sound waves into the alternating current.
23 start-ups to get opportunities
- Vedanta Group has shortlisted 23 start-ups from the first edition of the Vedanta Spark initiative.
- Vedanta Spark was launched in October 2020.
- Its objective is to build technology capabilities for achieving business transformation and strategic growth by partnering with early-stage, growth-stage, and venture-stage digital tech start-ups.
Raghuram Rajan to be in TN’s Economic Council
- The newly-elected Tamil Nadu state government will constitute an “Economic advisory council to the chief minister” with leading economic experts from all over the world as its members.
- The council would consist of Nobel laureate Esther Duflo of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), former RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan, former Chief Economic Advisor Dr. Arvind Subramanian, etc.
Gujarat govt approves a Rs 102 cr scheme
- The Gujarat government has given in-principle approval to a scheme worth 102 crore rupees to prevent marine salinity from entering the coastal villages of Saurashtra.
- The scheme has been approved keeping in view the long-term interest of lakhs of citizens and villages in the area.
- With this scheme, around 2100 hectares of land in 23 villages of Gir Somnath district will become more fertile.
Minnagam consumer grievance redressal centre
- Tamil Nadu CM M.K.Stalin inaugurated Minnagam, a consumer grievance redressal centre in Chennai on 20 June 2021.
- The consumers of electricity in the state can report their grievances to the centre through mobile phone.
- The centre will be functional 24 hours, to handle complaints.
- All the complaints would be passed on to the related executive engineers in the districts.
@Top Current Affairs 21st June 2021
#Top Current Affairs 21st June 2021
Important Link :-
Join Telegram Group: Click Here