Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 7th July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 7th July 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
1st unit of Rampal project to be commissioned
- In Bangladesh, the first unit of the Maitree power project at Rampal will be commissioned in Dec 2021.
- It will coincide with the country’s Golden Jubilee celebration of the Liberation.
- This was announced after the virtual meeting between the Power Secretaries of India and Bangladesh on 6 July 2021 in Delhi.
- The meeting was held to discuss issues related to the 1,320 MW thermal power plant.
Virtual India Pavilion inaugurated at Cannes
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar inaugurated the India Pavilion at the 74th Cannes Film Festival on 6 July 2021.
- He also informed that India has opened up a facilitation office for international filmmakers and all approvals are to be given.
- The 74th Cannes Film Festival is being held from 6-17 July 2021 in France.
Govt creates Ministry of Co-operation
- The Union Government has created a separate Ministry of Co-operation for realizing the vision of ‘Sahkar se Samriddhi’.
- This Ministry will provide a separate administrative, legal and policy framework for strengthening the cooperative movement in the country.
- It will work to streamline processes for Ease of Doing Business for co-operatives and enable development of Multi-State Co-operatives.
Mastek appoints Hiral Chandrana as CEO
- Mastek has appointed former Wipro Senior Executive Hiral Chandrana as its Global Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Mastek Group with effect from 6 July 2021.
- He has worked with Wipro Limited, Electronic Data Systems (now part of DXC Technology) in business leadership roles.
- During a 14-year stint at Wipro, he served as the Senior Vice President and Global Head, Business Application Services.
EAM S Jaishankar on visit to Russia
- External Affairs Minister Dr. S. Jaishankar will pay a three-day official visit to Russia from 7 July 2021.
- During the visit, he will meet his counterpart Sergey Lavrov.
- Dr. S. Jaishankar will deliver a speech on “India-Russia ties in a Changing World” at the prestigious Primakov Institute of World Economy and International Relations in Moscow.
Online Course mobile app Matsya Setu launched
- Union Minister for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying Giriraj Singh launched the online course mobile app Matsya Setu, on 6 July 2021.
- The app has been developed by the ICAR-Central Institute of Freshwater Aquaculture, Bhubaneswar.
- The online course app aims to spread the latest freshwater aquaculture technologies to the aqua farmers of the country.
Actor Dilip Kumar passes away
- Legendary actor Dilip Kumar passed away in July 2021.
- Some of his best-known films are Devdas, Mughal-e-Azam, Gunga Jamuna, Ram Aur Shyam, Naya Daur, Madhumati, Kranti, etc.
- Dilip Kumar is listed in the Guinness World Records for winning the maximum number of awards by an Indian actor.
- He was honoured with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 1994 and Padma Vibhushan in 2015.
HDFC Bank partners with Creditas
- HDFC Bank Ltd has partnered with fintech company Creditas Solutions to offer a guided and customized debt management solution for its loan and credit card customers.
- The platform has ready-to-deploy solutions addressing a number of challenges faced by users while managing their credit card and loan payments.
- It enables customers to access their credit account information in real-time.
Sukhvir Singh: New U’khand Chief Secretary
- Former National Highways Authority of India Chief Sukhvir Singh Sandhu has been appointed as the new Chief Secretary of Uttarakhand.
- Sandhu belongs to the 1988 Uttarakhand Cadre of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS).
- The decision comes after BJP leader Pushkar Singh Dhami was sworn in as the 11th chief minister of Uttarakhand on 4 July 2021.
The new book ‘Operation Khukri’ to be released
- ‘Operation Khukri: The untold story of Indian Army’s bravest peacekeeping mission abroad’, a book by Major General Rajpal Punia, will be released on 15 July 2021.
- It is the story of the Indian Army’s successful rescue mission of over 200 Indian peacekeepers who were sent to Sierra Leone in year 2000 by UN to help the government there.
- 13 July’21 marks the 21st anniversary of the operation.
Indo-Pacific Business Summit 2021
- The Indo-Pacific Business Summit 2021 started on 6 July 2021.
- It is being organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in partnership with the Ministry of External Affairs.
- The 2-day summit, from July 6- 8, will focus on how India and the countries of the Indo-Pacific region can boost their economic partnership, collaborate for sustainable use of maritime resources, etc.
Richard Donner passes away
- Richard Donner, a filmmaker who directed the first Superman movie, The Goonies, and other blockbuster hits, passed away in July 2021.
- Richard Donner’s other credits include The Omen, Scrooged (1988), and his final movie in 2006, 16 Blocks.
- He took on a producer role for blockbuster hits including X-Men and Free Willy.
More powers to be given to tribals
- The Union Ministries of Environment and Tribal Affairs have jointly decided to give more powers to the tribal communities in managing the forest resources.
- A Joint Communication to this effect was signed at the Indira Paryawaran Bhawan on 6 Jul’21.
- It pertains to effective implementation of the Scheduled Tribes and Other Traditional Forest Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights) Act, 2006.
Nitin Gadkari: Ambassador of Khadi Paint
- Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises, MSME Minister Nitin Gadkari has become the brand ambassador of Khadi Prakritik Paint.
- It is India’s first and only paint made from cow dung.
- He also inaugurated the new automated manufacturing unit of this paint in Jaipur on 6 July 2021.
- Currently, the daily production of the paint is 500 litres which will go up to 1,000 litres per day.
Project BOLD launched by KVIC
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission has launched the project “Bamboo Oasis on Lands in Drought” (BOLD) in Udaipur, Rajasthan.
- The project aims to boost the income of the tribal people.
- Under the project, 5000 saplings of special bamboo species were planted.
- With this, KVIC also created a world record of planting the highest number of bamboo saplings on a single day at one location.
Govt sets up two new vaccine testing labs
- The Union government has created two new facilities to facilitate and expedite the testing and pre-release certification of Covid-19 vaccines.
- These Central Drugs Laboratories have been set up by the Department of Biotechnology at its autonomous research institutes — the National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS), Pune, and the National Institute of Animal Biotechnology (NIAB), Hyderabad.
President appoints new Governors
- President Ram Nath Kovind has appointed Mizoram Governor P.S. Sreedharan Pillai as the new Governor of Goa.
- Haryana Governor Satyadev Narayan Arya will now be the Governor of Tripura.
- Tripura Governor Ramesh Bais is the new Governor of Jharkhand in place of Draupadi Murmu.
- Himachal Pradesh Governor Bandaru Dattatraya has been transferred and appointed as new Governor of Haryana.
AFC Asian Cup to be held in Mumbai and Pune
- The Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Women’s Asian Cup 2022 will be held in Mumbai and Pune.
- The Mumbai Football Arena and Shiv Chhatrapati Sports Complex in Balewadi, Pune will be the new venues and host cities for the competition.
- The AFC Women’s Asian Cup India 2022 is slated to take place from January 20 to February 6, 2022.
India’s first UPI-based cashless parking
- The Delhi Metro has launched FASTag/UPI based cashless parking facility at the Kashmere Gate Metro Station, Delhi.
- For the first time in the country, a FASTag/UPI-based cashless parking facility has been launched.
- This facility located can accommodate 55 four-wheelers and 174 two-wheelers.
- The parking fee will be deducted through FASTag, which will reduce the time for entry and payment.
Old-age pensions for people aged above 57 yrs
- Telangana government will provide old-age pensions to people aged above 57 years, commencing from August 2021.
- The government has reduced the eligibility age limit from 65 years to 57 years.
- Telangana CM has also announced that plans are in progress to launch a life insurance scheme for the weavers providing insurance coverage of Rs 5 lakh in case of accidental death.
Paytm launches ‘Postpaid Mini’
- Paytm, in partnership with Aditya Birla Finance Ltd, has launched Postpaid Mini – an extension of its Buy Now, Pay Later service – to drive affordability amongst those new to credit.
- These small-ticket instant loans will give flexibility to users and also help manage their household expenses.
- It will offer access to loans ranging from Rs 250 to Rs 1000.
IOC: 1st PSU to buy Liza Crude from Guyana
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOC) has become the first Indian PSU refiner to buy a tanker load of Liza Crude from Guyana.
- One million barrels of oil from the South American country is now on the way to India as part of IOC’s efforts to diversify its sources of imported crude.
- India’s oil and gas demand is expected to increase nearly 3-fold to 607 million metric tonnes in 2040.
China launches Fengyun-3E satellite
- China has launched the new Fengyun-3E (FY-3E) meteorological satellite from the SLS-2 launch site at China’s Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre.
- The satellite has been launched onboard the Long March-4C carrier rocket, which placed it into its planned orbit.
- Equipped with 11 remote sensing payloads, the FY-3E is part of the Fengyun-3 series of meteorological satellites.
Sumitomo Mitsui to buy a stake in Fullerton
- Japan’s Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc. (SMFG) has agreed to buy a 74.9% stake in Fullerton India Credit Company Ltd (FICC).
- Sumitomo will buy the stake from Singapore’s Temasek-owned Fullerton Financial Holdings Pte Ltd.
- Fullerton India, a diversified non-banking financial company, began operations in 2007 and has presence across 600 towns and over 58,000 villages via 629 branches.
Chiratae launches 48-hour seed fund approval
- Venture capital (VC) firm Chiratae Ventures has announced the launch of their new seed initiative Chiratae Sonic.
- It will accelerate and democratize the fund-raising process for founders.
- Through the initiative, Chiratae claims to guarantee a 48 hour turnaround time on seed fund requests or pitches for investments of the quantum of $500,000.
Razorpay launches MandateHQ
- Razorpay has partnered with Mastercard to launch its new recurring payment interface, MandateHQ.
- It will help banks implement the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) new rules on automatic debit and recurring payments.
- Razorpay’s Mandate HQ is an application programming interface (API)-based plug-n-play solution.
- It will enable businesses and fintechs to get access to a wider customer base.
CapitaLand launches logistics fund in India
- Singapore’s CapitaLand, a prominent real estate fund manager, has launched its second logistics private fund of ₹2,250 crores to expand in India’s logistics sector.
- CapitaLand India Logistics Fund II will invest in the development of logistics assets in key warehousing and manufacturing hubs in six cities.
- The cities are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, NCR, and Pune.
Flipkart eliminates plastic packaging
- Flipkart has eliminated all single-use plastic packaging used across its fulfillment centers in the country.
- It is in line with the commitment to move to plastic-free packaging in its own supply chain by 2021.
- Some of its other key initiatives include ‘E-commerce ready packaging’, where it has been able to ship close to 15% of products without adding a secondary layer of packaging.
Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine launched
- In Ladakh, Lt Governor Radha Krishna Mathur virtually rolled out the Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) in the Universal Immunization Programme for eligible children, at Tourist Facilitation Center (TFC), Kargil, on 6 July 2021.
- The three-dose immunization schedule (6th week, 14th week, and 9 months of age) will protect children against pneumococcal diseases.
Rs 92,849 cr GST revenue collected in June
- The gross GST revenue collected in June 2021 is Rs 92,849 crore.
- Out of this, CGST is Rs 16,424 crore, SGST is Rs 20,397 crore, IGST is Rs 49,079 crore and Cess is Rs 6,949 crore.
- The gross GST revenue includes GST collection from domestic transactions between 5th June to 5th July.
- The revenues for June are 2 percent higher than the GST revenues in the same month in 2020.
FlexiLoans partners with GooglePay
- MSME focused digital lending platform FlexiLoans.com has announced its collaboration with Google Pay to offer flexible loans to their merchant base.
- The collaboration will address the credit gap by offering instant loans to small merchants and entrepreneurs across India that are unable to access formal credit.
- FlexiLoans.com is the first lender to go live on the Google Pay platform.
1st shipment of cherries exported to Dubai
- The 1st commercial shipment of the Mishri variety of cherries from Kashmir valley has been exported to Dubai from Srinagar.
- Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, APEDA assisted the shipment.
- J&K produces more than 95% of the country’s total production of commercial varieties of cherries.
- It produces 4 varieties of cherry- Double, Makhmali, Mishri, and Italy.
TN CM announces financial aid for athletes
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M. K. Stalin has announced five lakh rupees financial aid to the five athletes who were selected to participate in the Tokyo Olympics.
- S. Arokya Rajiv and Naganathan Pandi were selected for 4×400 metres men’s relay and Revathi Veeramani, Suba Venkatesan and Dhanalakshmi Sekar were selected for the 4x 400 metre mixed relay team.
Lt Gen Madhuri: Vice-Chancellor of MUHS
- Lt. Gen. Dr. Madhuri Kanitkar has been named the new Vice-Chancellor of the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik.
- She is the Deputy Chief, Integrated Defence Staff (Medical) in the Ministry of Defence.
- Lt. Gen. Kanitkar’s appointment will be for five years, or till she attains the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier.
Odisha govt approves 5 industrial projects
- Odisha government has approved five major industrial projects giving a big push to the steel production capacity of the state.
- This will almost double the state’s capacity to 58 million tonnes per annum from the current 30 million tonnes.
- The projects are worth over 1.4 lakh crore rupees.
- These projects include the expansion of five major existing steel projects in the state.
Nine bills passed in Maharashtra Legislature
- The two-day monsoon session of Maharashtra Legislature concluded on 7 July 2021
- As many as nine bills were passed in the session.
- .The amendment to the Maharashtra (Urban Areas) Protection and Preservation of Trees Act, 1975 was presented.
- It seeks to conserve old trees in urban areas and also tightens the rules for the felling of trees for development works.
Revathi qualifies for Tokyo Olympics
- Revathi V. of Tamil Nadu has been selected to participate in the 4 x 400 meters mixed relay team for the Tokyo Olympics.
- She emerged fastest in the trial.
- She clocked 53.55 seconds in the trial run for the selection.
- She has been a part of the Indian national camp for quite some time now and is currently employed with the Railways.
Udayan: 2nd golfer to qualify for Olympics
- Udayan Mane has become the second Indian male golfer after Anirban Lahiri to qualify for Tokyo Olympics.
- He is currently the second-highest-ranked Indian in the world.
- The men will compete from July 29-August 1, 2021 while the women’s competition is scheduled from August 4 to 7 at the Kasumigaseki Country Club.
Mithali Raj tops ICC Women’s ODI rankings
- India women’s Test and ODI team captain Mithali Raj rose to the No.1 spot in women’s ODI rankings for batters.
- This is the eighth time in her international career that she has taken the top spot.
- Shafali Verma has reached 71st position while Jhulan Goswami is at 53rd.
- In the bowlers’ list, Deepti Sharma is at 12th position.
BRICS countries sign a joint declaration
- Education Ministers from the five BRICS countries virtually signed a joint declaration on 6 July 2021.
- It was signed to further strengthen academic and research collaboration in higher education and technical and vocational education and training.
- The 8th meeting of BRICS Education Ministers was held as part of the 13th BRICS Summit being hosted by India.