Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 5th December 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 5th December 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
SBI invites bids to sell NPA account KSK Mahanadi Power with dues
- SBI invites bids from asset reconstruction companies to sell NPA account KSK Mahanadi Power with dues over ₹4,100 crores.
- The e-auction of KSK Mahanadi is scheduled to take place on December 31, 2021.
- The interested parties can submit an expression of interest by December 6.
- KSK Mahanadi Power Company is under the corporate insolvency resolution process.
Pakistan receives a $3 billion loans for one year from Saudi Arabia
- As part of an economic support package, Pakistan on December 4 received a $3 billion loan from Saudi Arabia.
- Pakistan has faced growing economic challenges, with high inflation, sliding forex reserves, a widening current account deficit, etc.
- The loan comes a week after the International Monetary Fund agreed with Pakistan on measures needed to revive a stalled $6 billion funding program.
@Top Current Affairs 5th December 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Russian President Vladimir Putin to visit India on December 6th
- For attending the 21st India-Russia Annual Summit Russian President Vladimir Putin will visit India on December 6, 2021.
- The External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, Russian Foreign Affairs Minister Sergey Lavrov attending a bilateral meeting on December 5-6.
- After that the inaugural 2+2 ministerial dialogue between the defence and foreign ministers of India and Russia.
Himachal Pradesh becomes the first fully COVID-19 vaccinated state
- Himachal Pradesh has become the first state to fully vaccinate 100 percent of its adult population.
- Himachal Pradesh was also the first state to achieve the 100 percent first dose.
- A special function is being organized to honor COVID-19 workers at the All-India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Bilaspur.
- Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya will attend the function.
Nikhil Srivastava selected for inaugural Ciprian Foias Prize
- Nikhil Srivastava, Indian-American mathematician among three selected for the inaugural Ciprian Foias Prize.
- Along with Srivastava, the two other awardees are Adam Marcus and Daniel Spielman.
- He has been jointly selected for Operator Theory.
- The Ciprian Foias Prize is the third major prize won by Srivastava, who earlier jointly won the George Polya Prize in 2014, and the Held prize in 2021.
Former England cricketer Eileen Ash, oldest Test cricketer passes away
- Eileen Ash, the oldest living Test cricketer passed away.
- She was from England, played for Civil Service Women, Middlesex Women.
- She debuted against Australia in 1937, part of the Ashes tour of Australia in 1949.
- She was the oldest-ever Test cricketer at the time of her death.
- Ash played seven Tests for England, also worked for MI6, the Secret Intelligence Service, during World War II.
Padma Shri awardee, Veteran journalist Vinod Dua passes away
- Vinod Dua, veteran journalist, and Padma Shri awardee passed away on December 4, 2021.
- He was a pioneer in Hindi journalism, with stints at Doordarshan and NDTV.
- He became the first electronic media journalist in 1996 to win the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award
- He was also awarded the Padma Shri for Journalism in 2008 by the Government of India.
Indonesia’s Semeru volcano on the Indonesian island of Java erupted
- The Semeru volcano on the Indonesian island of Java erupted on December 4, 2021.
- Semeru, the tallest mountain on Java island, more than 3,600 meters (12,000 feet) high, is one of Indonesia’s nearly 130 active volcanoes.
- “Pacific Ring of Fire”, a highly seismically active zone, creates a large number of earthquakes and volcanoes.
- An earthquake of magnitude 6 struck north of Halmahera.
International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development: 5 Dec
- International Volunteer Day for Economic and Social Development is observed on December 5 every year.
- Its observance was mandated by the UN General Assembly in 1985.
- The UN in resolution 52/17 of November 20, 1997, proclaimed 2001 as the International Year of Volunteers.
- The theme for International Volunteer Day 2021 is “Volunteer now for our common future.”
Dr S Jaishankar addressed 5th Indian Ocean Conference
- External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar addressed the fifth Indian Ocean Conference in Abu Dhabi on 4 Dec 2021.
- The theme of the Indian Ocean Conference 2021 is “Indian Ocean: Ecology, Economy, Epidemic”.
- Around 200 delegates and over 50 speakers attended it.
- The Minister held a meeting with his UAE counterpart Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan on the sidelines of the conference in Abu Dhabi.
Nita Ambani 2nd on India’s Most Powerful Women list, Sitharaman tops
- Nita Ambani, Founder and Chairperson, Reliance Foundation has been ranked second in the list of Fortune India’s Most Powerful Women.
- During the pandemic, her foundation took the responsibility of vaccinating 25L people through the digital platform – JioHealthHub.
- She launched Her Circle – A Reliance Foundation initiative.
- Nirmala Sitharaman has topped the list.
Rajasthan launches ‘Back to Work’ scheme for women
- Rajasthan govt has come up with a ‘Back to Work’ scheme for women who sometimes have to quit their jobs due to family circumstances.
- Regular or work-from-home job opportunities will be provided to such women with the help of the private sector.
- The scheme targets to provide jobs to 15,000 women.
- Priority will be given to widows, women who have been abandoned, divorced, and victims of violence.
Pradip Shah was appointed as Chair of NARCL, Sanjay Jain as IDRCL Chief
- Pradip Shah has been appointed as the Chairman of the National Asset Reconstruction Company (NARCL) on 3 Dec’21.
- He is the founder of IndAsia Fund Advisors.
- He is credited for establishing India’s first housing finance company, HDFC, and rating firm Crisil.
- Sanjay Jain will be the Chief Executive of India Debt Resolution Company (IDRCL).
- He is MD of Aditya Birla Asset Reconstruction Company.
Alka Upadhyaya appointed as the chairperson of NHAI
- Senior bureaucrat Alka Upadhyaya has been appointed as the chairperson of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) on 4 December 2021.
- Upadhyaya is a 1990-batch IAS officer of the Madhya Pradesh cadre.
- She is currently Additional Secretary, Department of Rural Development.
- Also, Sanjay Bandopadhyay has been named Chairman of Inland Waterways Authority of India.
UP gets 2nd earth station for Doordarshan Kendra
- The Gorakhpur Doordarshan Kendra was equipped with an earth station on 3 December 2021.
- It would enable it to telecast directly the locally generated programmes across the world through DTH.
- It is Uttar Pradesh’s second earth station that is built for Rs 7 crore.
- 3 FM relay centers of 10KW each at Etawah, Gadania in Lakhimpur Kheri, and Nanpara in Bahraich districts were also inaugurated.
Important Link :-