Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 4th December 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 4th December 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Indian Navy Day: 4 December
- Indian Navy Day is celebrated every year on December 4 to commemorate the attack on the Karachi harbour during the India-Pakistan war in 1971.
- The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces led by the President of India as Commander-in-Chief.
- The theme of the Indian Navy Day 2021 is ‘Indian Navy – Combat Ready, Credible and Cohesive’.
Susan Arnold named as first woman Chairperson of Walt Disney
- Walt Disney named Susan Arnold as its Chairperson on 3 December 2021.
- She is the first woman to hold this position after 98 years.
- She will replace Bob Iger after he leaves the company on December 31, 2021.
- Arnold has been the lead independent director since 2018 and has served on Disney’s board since 2007.
- She is former Carlyle Group and Procter & Gamble Co. executive.
Ratan Tata to be conferred with the ‘Asom Bhaibav’ award
- On the occasion of Assam Divas, Assam govt has decided to confer renowned industrialist Ratan Tata with the ‘Asom Bhaibav’ award.
- It is the highest civilian state award and will be given for his contribution to cancer care in the state.
- In 2018, the Assam government and Tata Trusts laid the foundation stone for a comprehensive cancer care network of 19 facilities in the state.
10,500 PM Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendras to be opened up by 2025
- The government has set a target to open about 10,500 Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Jan Aushadhi Kendras (PMBJKs), by March 2025 across the country.
- About 8,533 PMBJKs are functioning till 28th November.
- PMBJK covers all districts in the States and Union Territories of the country.
- The product basket of PMBJK comprises 1,451 medicines and 240 surgical and consumables.
@Top Current Affairs 4th December 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Centre approves production of over 5L AK-203 assault rifles at Amethi
- The Centre has approved the production of over five lakh AK-203 assault rifles at Korwa in Amethi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The project will be implemented by a special purpose Joint Venture called Indo- Russian Rifles Private Ltd.
- The 7.62 X 39 m.m. caliber AK-203 Rifles will replace in-service INSAS Rifle
- All India Radio News has also started a series, ‘ India- Russia Connect’.
Nizamuddin revival project wins two UNESCO awards
- The UNESCO has conferred two awards for conservation efforts at Nizamuddin Basti, in December 2021.
- The conservation is being undertaken by the Aga Khan Trust for Culture (AKTC) in partnership with the South Delhi Municipal Corporation, Archaeological Survey of India, etc.
- Nine projects from six countries — Bangladesh, China, India, Japan, Malaysia, and Thailand — have been honoured.
Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Konijeti Rosaiah passes away
- Former Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Konijeti Rosaiah passed away on 4 December 2021.
- Rosaiah also served as the Governor of Tamil Nadu.
- He was a four-term member of the Andhra Pradesh state Legislative Council in 1968, 1974, 1980 and 2009.
- He was also elected a Member of Parliament (MP) from Narsaraopet parliamentary constituency in 1998.
New species found in Sikkim’s Dzongu, the ‘land of butterflies’
- The new species of butterfly has been discovered in Dzongu in North Sikkim.
- The new species named the Chocolate-bordered Flitter, also carries the scientific name Zographetus dzonguensis.
- The new species is closely similar to Z. Pangi from Guangdong and Z. hainanensis from Hainan, China.
- This is the second butterfly species new to science from the Northeast after 2015.
MEITY proposes nationwide blockchain technique for adoption
- The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MEITY) on 3 December released a “National strategy on blockchain”, which identifies 44 potential areas of using the technology.
- MeitY has suggested setting up a National Blockchain Framework (NBF) with three types of participants which are Application developer, Provider or operators of technology, and IP creator.
PM Modi to lay the foundation of Delhi-Dehradun Economic Corridor
- Prime Minister Modi will lay the foundation stone of 11 development projects.
- This includes the Delhi-Dehradun Economic Corridor (from Eastern Peripheral Expressway Junction to Dehradun).
- It will have seven major interchanges for connectivity to Haridwar, Muzaffarnagar, Shamli, etc.
- It will have Asia’s largest wildlife elevated corridor (12 kilometers) for unrestricted wildlife movement.
Event to mark 100 years of Public Accounts Committee (PAC) begins
- The celebration of 100 years of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC) is scheduled on December 4-5, 2021.
- The event will be inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind, in the presence of Vice President and Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu, Speaker Om Birla.
- 52 nations, including Pakistan, were invited to the celebrations of 100 years of PAC.
- MP Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury is a PAC chairperson.
MoS IT launches C-DAC developed India’s first indigenous server Rudra
- Under the National Supercomputing Mission (NSM), Minister of State for Electronics and IT Rajeev Chandrasekhar launched the first indigenous server, Rudra, developed by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC).
- The server design can be used for manufacturing commercial servers and building large supercomputing systems of tens of petaflops of computing performance.
IFFCO ranks first among top 300 cooperatives globally
- The Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has been ranked ‘number one Cooperative’ among the top 300 cooperatives in the world.
- The ranking is based on the ratio of turnover over the gross domestic product (GDP) per capita.
- The positioning is as per the 2021 version of the 10th Yearly World Cooperative Monitor (WCM) report published by the International Cooperative Alliance.
Viktor Axelsen, Tai Tzu Ying named BWF Player of the Year
- Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen and Taiwan’s Tai Tzu Ying have been named BWF Male and Female Player of the Year respectively.
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia-based Badminton World Federation (BWF) honoured all eight winners on 3 Dec 2021.
- Qu Zimo (China) was named Male Para-Badminton Player of the Year, and Leani Ratri Oktila (Indonesia) the Female Para-Badminton Player of the Year.
Kashish Lakra (F51) bags gold at 2021 Asia Youth Paralympic Games
- The Tokyo Paralympian Kashish Lakra (F51) bagged a gold medal in the club throw at the 2021 Asia Youth Paralympic Games in Bahrain on 3 December 2021.
- Laxit (F54) won bronze in the Javelin Throw and Sanjay R. Neelam (F11) clinched bronze in Shotput.
- Bahrain is hosting the 4th Asian Youth Para Games (AYPG), from December 2 to 6.
UAE signs a deal for 80 French-made Rafale fighter jets
- The United Arab Emirates has signed a deal for 80 French-made Rafale fighter jets in December 2021.
- It is the biggest international order ever made for the warplanes.
- The UAE has also agreed to buy 12 Caracal military transport helicopters.
- The deal for the jets and helicopters is worth around €17 billion.
- India has a deal of 36 Rafale fighter jets with France.
Document Registration System and Banadhikar app launched in Tripura
- Union Min for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Giriraj Singh inaugurated the National Generic Document Registration System and Banadhikar mobile application in Tripura through virtual mode.
- 1.3 lakh tribal people will get forest Patta lands under the Banadhikar mobile app and get a uniform map of their land.
- Through these new schemes, each and every plot in the state will get a unique ID.
Ajaz Patel becomes the third bowler to take all 10 wickets in an innings
- Left-arm spinner Ajaz Patel on December 4 created history by taking all 10 wickets in an innings in the 2nd test match against India.
- He plays for New Zealand.
- He finished with figures of 10/119.
- He became the third bowler after Jim Laker and Anil Kumble to achieve the feat.
- Patel had made his Test debut against Pakistan in 2018 in Abu Dhabi.
Ananya Bansal wins silver in shotput at Asia Youth Paralympic Games
- Ananya Bansal won the country’s first silver medal in shotput in the F-20 category at the Asia Youth Paralympic Games in Manama, Bahrain on 3 Dec’21.
- She is an athlete with an intellectual impairment.
- Suphattha Inkhaoyoi of Thailand won gold.
- Athletes from 30 countries and under the age of 23 have taken part in the games.
- There are 9 sports categories in the event.
India, Sri Lanka frame a 4-point package for economic cooperation
- India and Sri Lanka have framed a four-point package to deepen economic cooperation and to help the island nation cope with economic problems.
- The package includes a line of credit to cover the import of food and medicines and a currency swap arrangement.
- It also includes an energy security package that will include a line of credit to cover the import of fuel from India.
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-