Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 3rd December 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 3rd December 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
International Day of Persons with Disabilities: 3 December
- International Day of Persons with Disabilities is a global observance celebrated every year on December 3.
- The motive is to promote the rights and well-being of persons with disabilities in all spheres of society.
- The theme for the year 2021 is “Leadership and participation of persons with disabilities toward an inclusive, accessible and sustainable post-COVID-19 world.”
Fifth International Ambedkar Conclave held on 2 December 2021
- President of India Ram Nath Kovind inaugurated the fifth International Ambedkar Conclave on 2 Dec 2021 in New Delhi.
- It was organised by the Forum of SC and ST Legislators and Parliamentarians and Dr Ambedkar Chamber of Commerce.
- The event is being held from 2-3 December 2021.
- It will focus on constitution, education, skill development, entrepreneurship, start-ups and economic development.
Tel Aviv tops the list of the world’s most expensive cities to live in
- The Worldwide Cost of Living Index 2021 released by the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) has listed the world’s most expensive cities to live in.
- Tel Aviv, the capital of Israel, has leaped to the top of the list, jumping past Paris and Singapore which are at a joint second ranking, followed by Zurich and Hong Kong.
- New York was at sixth place, while Osaka at 10th.
Dhanlaxmi Bank part-time Chairman G Subramonia Iyer resigns
- Dhanlaxmi Bank’s part-time Chairman G Subramonia Iyer has resigned on 2 December 2021.
- Iyer was appointed as part-time chairman in February 2021.
- His resignation is to be effective from December 31, 2021.
- In 2020, Sajeev Krishnan, part-time Chairman and independent director of Dhanlaxmi Bank, too had resigned on June 29.
ADB approves Rs 3,752 crore funding for quality education in India
- Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved nearly Rs 3,752 crore funding to the Indian government.
- It will enhance the quality of school education and also mitigate the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on students’ learning.
- About 1,800 government schools will be transformed into exemplar schools in the states of Assam, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, and Uttarakhand.
BDL and Indian Army signed a deal for the refurbishment of IGLA-1M missiles
- Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) and the Indian Army have signed a contract worth Rs 471.41 crore for the Refurbishment of IGLA – 1M missiles.
- After the Refurbishment, a fresh lease of life will be given to the missile for a period of ten years.
- The company, in addition to carrying out refurbishment, deals with the manufacture and supply of Guided Missiles and associated equipment.
Dell and AWS partner to protect customer data from ransomware
- Dell Technologies has partnered with Amazon Web Services, Inc. (AWS), an Amazon.com, Inc. company.
- It will protect customer data from ransomware by bringing Dell’s cyber recovery solution to the AWS Marketplace with the launch of Dell EMC PowerProtect Cyber Recovery for AWS.
- Through the AWS Marketplace, customers can easily purchase and deploy an air-gapped cyber vault from Dell.
Kinara Capital appoints Ravindra Jadeja as brand ambassador
- Bengaluru-based fintech firm Kinara Capital has signed Indian cricketer Ravindra Jadeja as its brand ambassador.
- With this partnership, the company aims to boost its outreach in financing the MSME sector.
- Founded in 2011, the firm has disbursed over 70,000 collateral-free loans till date.
- Kinara Capital plans to grow 500% by the year 2025.
SSEL, Germany’s Viridis.iQ GmbH sign pact for setting up a solar project
- Shirdi Sai Electricals Limited (SSEL) has signed an agreement with German engineering services firm Viridis.iQ GmbH for setting up a 4,000-megawatt solar project.
- The manufacturing unit will be set up for Polysilicon + Ingot-Wafer + Cell + Module”.
- Hyderabad-based SSEL is a leading manufacturer of different types of transformers.
Pawan Kumar takes over as Director at Indraprastha Gas Ltd
- Pawan Kumar has taken over as Director (Commercial) of Indraprastha Gas Ltd (IGL).
- Kumar has taken over the position from Amit Garg, who has been repatriated to his parent organization BPCL to head the new vertical of renewable energy.
- IGL is a joint venture of GAIL (India) Ltd and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) along with the Government of National Capital Territory (NCT) of Delhi.
IREDA, THDCIL sign MoU for green energy collaborations
- The Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA) has entered into a pact with THDC India Ltd (THDCIL).
- Under the MoU, IREDA will undertake techno-financial due diligence of renewable energy and energy efficiency and conservation projects for THDCIL.
- IREDA will also assist THDCIL in developing an action plan to create and acquire renewable energy projects for the next five years.
SpaceX launches Falcon 9 rocket carrying Starlink Internet satellites
- SpaceX successfully launched a Falcon 9 rocket carrying 48 Starlink internet satellites and two BlackSky satellites as a payload from the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station in Florida.
- It was launched on 2 December 2021.
- The array of Starlink satellites, operated by SpaceX, offer low-latency internet coverage in remote areas of several countries to participants of their test program.
Cyclone Jawad to hit near Odisha’s Puri on 5 December
- Cyclone Jawad is expected to hit parts of Odisha and Andhra Pradesh coasts on 5 December 2021.
- The cyclonic storm is forming in the Bay of Bengal.
- On the suggestion of Saudi Arabia, this storm has been named ‘Jawad’.
- Jawad is an Arabic word, which means ‘generous’.
- The wind speed will be a maximum of 100 km per hour on the morning of December 4, 2021.
ONGC inks MoU with SECI to develop renewable, ESG projects
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC) has signed an MoU with Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- The MoU provides a broad framework for ONGC and SECI to collaborate and cooperate for undertaking renewable energy projects including solar, wind, solar parks, EV value chain, green hydrogen, etc.
- ONGC is the first non-American company to be a part of Global Methane Initiative (GMI).
Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan begins in Nashik
- The 94th Akhil Bharatiya Marathi Sahitya Sammelan began in Nashik, Maharashtra on 3 December 2021.
- It was inaugurated by veteran writer Vishwas Patil in the presence of the first scientist president of the Sammelan Dr. Jayant Naralikar.
- Granth Dindi which carries famous books and novels in a palanquin began from the residence of great Marathi poet and novelist late V V Shirwadkar.
IMF appoints Gita Gopinath as First Deputy Managing Director
- The International Monetary Fund has appointed its outgoing chief economist Gita Gopinath as its First Deputy Managing Director (FDMD).
- Gopinath was scheduled to leave IMF in January 2022 to return to her academic position at Harvard University after holding the position at the Fund for three years.
- She will replace the current FDMD Geoffrey Okamoto.
National Awards for work towards empowerment of PwDs presented
- President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the annual National Awards on individuals, institutions, organizations, and state/district, etc., for their outstanding achievements and work towards the empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs).
- The awards were presented on 3 December 2021.
- Tamil Nadu has been recognised as the ‘Best State in promoting empowerment of persons with disabilities’.
Dr Rajendra Prasad’s 137th birth anniversary: 3 December 2021
- First President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad’s 137th birth anniversary was observed on 3 December 2021.
- Apart from being involved in politics, he was also a freedom fighter, teacher, and lawyer.
- He was known to be an ardent follower of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad served as the President from 1950 to 1962.
- He remains the longest-serving president of the country to date.
Prime Minister Modi inaugurates InFinity Forum on 3 December 2021
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated InFinity Forum through video conferencing on 3 December 2021.
- The event was hosted by International Financial Services Centres Authority under the aegis of the Government of India in collaboration with GIFT City and Bloomberg.
- Indonesia, South Africa, and the U.K. were partner countries in the first edition of the Forum.
Karnataka govt enters into a pact with Bavarian Universities of Germany
- The Karnataka Department of Higher Education and Bavarian Universities of Germany on 2 December 2021 decided to join hands together under National Education Policy (NEP-2020).
- As per the schedule, an online seminar for Bavarian Universities on NEP will be held in February 2022 wherein representatives of Karnataka and the German Consulate will participate.
IDFC FIRST Bank announces the launch of FIRST Private Infinite card
- IDFC FIRST Bank has announced the launch of FIRST Private Infinite.
- It is the country’s first-ever standalone metal debit card.
- It has been developed in partnership with Visa.
- FIRST Private Infinite is a lifetime free card designed specifically for customers who are part of the Bank’s FIRST Private program, premium savings and wealth offering.
IIT Madras researchers develop technology in the wearable devices segment
- Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras have developed the latest technologies in the wearable devices segment.
- They would assist people with hearing impaired and motor disabilities to communicate independently.
- The devices ‘Vibe’ and ‘iGest’ were developed by the Centre for Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology (CREATE).
South Sudan to end child marriages by 2030
- South Sudan’s government has promised to end child marriage by 2030 in line with the African Union’s campaign to end child marriages in the continent.
- South Sudan is one of 40 countries in the world with the highest rates of child marriages.
- A survey conducted in 2010 found that about seven percent of girls marry before the age of 15 and 40 percent before the age of 18.
Armed Forces Flag Day Corporate Social Responsibility Conclave held
- The third edition of the Armed Forces Flag Day Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Conclave was held in New Delhi on 2 December 2021.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh felicitated the prominent contributors to the Armed Forces Flag Day Fund (AFFDF) for Financial Year (FY) 2020-21.
- Chairman, State Bank of India Dinesh Khara and Executive Director Sun TV Group Kavery Kalanithi were felicitated.
Parliament passes Dam Safety Bill, 2019 to prevent disasters
- Parliament has passed the Dam Safety Bill, 2019 with the Rajya Sabha approving it on 2 December 2021.
- The House also approved the amendments moved by the government to the bill.
- The bill provides for surveillance, inspection, operation and maintenance of the specified dam for prevention of dam failure related disasters and for an institutional mechanism to ensure their safe functioning.