Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 2nd December 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 2nd December 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Computer Literacy Day: 2 December
- World Computer Literacy Day is observed on 2 December every year.
- It was launched by Indian computer company NIIT to mark its 20th anniversary in 2001, in response to research that suggested the majority of computer users around the world were men.
- The theme for 2021 is “Literacy for human-centred recovery: Narrowing the digital divide”.
International Day for the Abolition of Slavery: 2 December
- International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is observed on December 2 every year.
- It marks the date of the adoption of the UN Convention for the Suppression of the Traffic in Persons and of the Exploitation of the Prostitution of Others in 1949.
- The focus of this day is on eradicating contemporary forms of slavery, such as trafficking in persons, sexual exploitation, forced marriage, etc.
@Top Current Affairs 2nd December 2021
#Top Current Affairs
National Pollution Control Day: 2 December
- India observes National Pollution Prevention Day on December 2 in memory of people who lost their lives in the Bhopal gas disaster.
- The industrial accident occurred in 1984 when the gas Methyl Isocyanate leaked on the night of December 2-3 and killed thousands.
- The main objective of the day is to spread awareness on managing and controlling industrial disasters.
European Union unveils ‘Global Gateway’ project worth $340 billion
- The European Union has unveiled a project called ”Global Gateway” that is worth 300 billion euros ($340 billion).
- The project is being seen as a response to China’s Belt and Road strategy.
- The bloc will mobilise financial aid in the public and private infrastructure investment around the world.
- China’s Belt and Road initiative was launched in 2013.
India becomes part of the G20 Troika, to host a summit in 2023
- India joined the G20 Troika on 1 December 2021.
- The Troika now consists of Indonesia, Italy and India.
- As a Troika-member, India will work closely with Indonesia and Italy to ensure consistency and continuity of the G20`s agenda.
- India will assume the G20 Presidency on December 1, 2022, from Indonesia and will convene the G20 Leaders Summit for the first time in India in 2023.
Mongolian Parliamentary Delegation on a visit to India from 30 Nov’21
- Union Steel Minister Ram Chandra Prasad Singh met the Mongolian Parliamentary delegation led by Gombojav Zandanshatar, Chairman, State Great Khural of Mongolia on 1 December 2021.
- Mr. Gombojav is accompanied by six members of Mongolian parliament.
- The Mongolian Parliamentary delegation is on a visit to India, on the invitation of the Parliament of India, from 30 November to 6 December 2021.
ICICI Prudential Life Insurance launches new income product
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance on 1 December 2021 launched a new non-participating savings product ‘ICICI Pru Guaranteed Income for Tomorrow (Long-term)’.
- It provides customers with the option to either receive regular guaranteed tax-free ‘Income’ or ‘Income with 110% return of premium’.
- Both these plan options provide income for up to 30 years.
Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta takes over as FOC-in-Chief, ENC
- Vice Admiral Biswajit Dasgupta assumed charge as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief (FOC-in-C), Eastern Naval Command (ENC) on 1 December 2021.
- He is a recipient of the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal and Vishisht Seva Medal for distinguished service.
- He was also awarded the Yudh Seva Medal.
- He was the Chief of Staff, ENC since June 2020 prior to being elevated as the Commander-in-Chief.
India-ITU Joint Cyberdrill 2021 commences from 30 November 2021
- Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) have commenced India-ITU Joint Cyberdrill 2021.
- It is intended for Indian entities especially Critical Network Infrastructure operators.
- It is a four days virtual event being held from 30 November to 3 December 2021.
- More than 400 participants from critical sectors participated in the inaugural session.
All India Radio launches youth programme AIRNxt
- All India Radio has started a new programme called AIRNxt to offer youth a platform to air their voices as part of the ongoing Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations.
- The programme began on November 28, 2021, and will continue for the next 52 weeks.
- It is the biggest single theme show on AIR and is being broadcast in all major Indian languages and dialects.
Rajasthan govt signs 125 MoUs for Rs 69k-cr projects
- Rajasthan government has signed MoUs worth Rs 68,698 crore and received the Letter of Intents (LoIs) for over Rs 10,099 cr.
- It has received investment commitments worth about Rs 78,700, the bulk of which came from Renew Power and cement maker JK Lakshmi.
- The investments are majorly proposed in the industries across the state in areas such as Ghiloth, Bhiwadi, Neemrana, Jaipur, Udaipur, etc.
Tata Power bags India’s largest solar and battery project
- Tata Power Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary Tata Power Solar Systems has received a Letter of Award (LoA) from Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- It will build India’s largest utility-scale BESS (Battery Energy Storage System) project and a 100 MW EPC solar project.
- The total contract value of the project is approximately ₹945 crore, and it will be completed within 18 months.
Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa in Delhi, to meet top Indian minister
- Sri Lankan Finance Minister Basil Rajapaksa arrived in New Delhi on 30 November 2021.
- He met Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Indian Foreign Minister S Jaishankar on 1 December 2021.
- He sought crucial economic assistance from India by way of investments and enhanced tourist exchanges.
- Sri Lanka has also sought enhanced strategic ties with India.
General Atlantic appoints former Mastercard CEO Ajay Banga as VC.
- Ajay Banga, the former CEO of Mastercard Inc. is joining General Atlantic as Vice Chairman.
- Ajay Banga will assume his responsibilities with General Atlantic on January 1, 2022.
- He retired from Mastercard on 30 November 2021.
- Current lead Independent Director Merit Janow would be the Non-Executive Independent Chair of Mastercard.
Oyo appoints former SBI head Rajnish Kumar as strategic group advisor
- OYO has announced the appointment of Rajnish Kumar, former Chairman of the State Bank of India (SBI), as its strategic group advisor.
- Kumar will play a key role in advising OYO’s management on short-term and long-term strategy, and regulatory and stakeholder engagement.
- He is currently on the boards of HSBC Asia Pacific, L&T infotech, Hero Motocorp, and BharatPe.
Dadabhai Naoroji’s biography wins NIF Book Prize 2021
- A biography of Dadabhai Naoroji, one of the founders of the Indian National Congress, by Dinyar Patel, has been named winner of the Kamaladevi Chattopadhyay NIF Book Prize 2021.
- ‘Naoroji: Pioneer of Indian Nationalism’ was selected from the six shortlisted books.
- The award carries a cash award of Rs 15 lakh and a citation.
- This is the fourth edition of the prize instituted in 2018.
Kurukshetra University to award Rajib Goyal Prize to 4 scientists
- Four scientists, all below the age of 45 years, have been selected by Kurukshetra University for the Rajib Goyal Prize for the ‘Young Scientists’.
- Rajneesh Mishra, IIT, Indore, KM Sureshan, IISER, Thiruvananthapuram, Rajeev Varshney, ICRISAT Hyderabad, and Suman Chakraborty, IIT, Kharagpur have been selected for the award.
- Goyal Prizes were instituted in 1992 by Ram S Goyal, a US-based NRI.
Anju Bobby George wins World Athletics’ Woman of the Year Award
- Anju Bobby George has been awarded the Woman of the Year Award by World Athletics.
- She was honored for grooming talent and encouraging young girls in India to take up sports and fight for gender equality.
- She is a World Championships bronze medalist in the long jump.
- In 2016, Anju opened a training academy for young girls, which has already helped to produce a world U20 medallist.
SBI partners with Adani Capital for co-lending to farmers
- State Bank of India (SBI) has inked an agreement with Adani Capital Private Ltd (Adani Capital) for co-lending to farmers for the purchase of tractor and farm implements.
- Adani Capital is the non-banking finance company (NBFC) arm of Adani Group.
- SBI would be able to target farmer customers in the interior hinterland of the country looking for the adoption of farm mechanization.
Sambit Patra was appointed as Chairman of India Tourism Development Corp.
- Sambit Patra has been appointed as the Chairman of India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet.
- The Appointments Committee has approved the Tourism Ministry’s proposal to split the post of Chairman and Managing Director of ITDC.
- IAS officer, GKV Rao will hold the post of Managing Director.
Nagaland’s 59th Statehood Day: December 1, 2021
- Nagaland’s celebrated its 59th Statehood Day on December 1, 2021.
- On this day in 1963, it became the 16th state of India.
- Nagaland is a North-eastern state of India which is bordered by Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, and Myanmar.
- The capital of the state is Kohima.
- Nagaland is inhabited by 16 tribes including Kachari, Angami, Sumi, etc.
The United States is the world’s biggest contributor to global plastic waste
- The United States is by far the biggest contributor to global plastic waste in the world, according to a new report submitted to the federal government on 1 December 2021.
- Overall, the US contributed around 42 million metric tons (MMT) in plastic waste in 2016 — more than twice as much as China.
- The report is titled “Reckoning with the U.S. Role in Global Ocean Plastic Waste”.
KMBL partners with Worldline to enable EMIs on its debit cards
- Kotak Mahindra Bank has announced a tie-up with Europe-based payment and transactional service firm, Worldline.
- It will enable equated monthly installments (EMIs) payments via Kotak debit cards in India.
- The minimum purchase value to avail EMIs on the Kotak debit cards facility is ₹5,000, and customers have the flexibility to repay the loan over tenures between three months and 12 months.
Rajshree Sancheti bags women’s air rifle gold at Shooting Nationals
- In shooting, Rajshree Sancheti claimed the gold medal in the women’s 10-meter air rifle at the 64th National Shooting Championship Competitions (NSCC) in Bhopal on 30 November 2021.
- Zeena Khitta of Himachal Pradesh won silver while Shreya Agrawal won bronze.
- In the junior women’s 10m air rifle event, Tamil Nadu’s R. Narmada Nithin won the gold.
Renowned Bangladeshi scholar Rafiqul Islam passes away
- Renowned scholar and national professor of Bangladesh Professor Rafiqul Islam passed away in November 2021.
- Prof. Rafiqul Islam was one of the greatest scholars on the national poet of Bangladesh Kazi Nazrul Islam.
- He was honored with Swadhinta Padak and the Ekushey padak, which is the highest civilian award in Bangladesh.
- He had written close to 30 scholarly books.
22nd Hornbill Festival of Nagaland begins on 1 December 2021
- The 22nd Hornbill Festival of Nagaland began on 1 December 2021.
- The festival is taking place after a gap of 1 year.
- It is being held at Naga Heritage Village, Kisama.
- It will continue for 10 days.
- Organized by the State Tourism and Art and Culture Departments, the Hornbill Festival showcases various cultural displays under one roof.
- The festival was first organized in the year 2000.
#Top Current Affairs 2nd December 2021
#Top Current Affairs
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification