Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Current affairs 1st December 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Current Affairs on 1st December 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
BSF celebrates its 57th Raising Day on 1 December 2021
- The Border Security Force celebrated its 57th Raising Day on 1 December 2021.
- BSF Jammu is manning about 192 km of the International Border with Pakistan.
- It is also deployed on Line of Control along with Indian Army.
- It is one of the five Central Armed Police Forces of India.
- It was raised in the wake of the 1965 War on 1 December 1965.
World AIDS Day: December 1
- Every year, December 1 is observed as World AIDS Day across the globe to spread awareness about the disease.
- AIDS stands for Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome.
- Also termed as HIV or the Human Immunodeficiency Virus.
- The theme of World AIDS Day 2021 is: ‘End inequalities. End AIDS. End pandemics’.
- It was first observed in 1988.
M.A Hampiholi assumes charge as FOC-in-C of Southern Naval Command
- Vice Admiral M.A. Hampiholi assumed charge as the 29th Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Southern Naval Command, Kochi, on 30 Nov 2021.
- Hampiholi was the Commandant of the Indian Naval Academy at Ezhimala.
- Hampiholi took over from Vice Admiral Anil Kumar Chawla.
- Vice Admiral Chawla assumed the charge as head of the command in July 2018.
Centre Govt. formed a new three-member review panel for EWS criteria
- The Centre has constituted a three-member committee to review the criteria for 10% reservation for economically weaker sections (EWS) in educational institutions and government jobs.
- The three-member includes former Finance Secretary Ajay Bhushan Pandey, Indian Council of Social Science Research member secretary Prof VK Malhotra and principal economic advisor Sanjeev Sanyal.
Barbados, formally casting off the Queen, becomes a republic
- Barbados has become the world’s newest republic after almost 400 yrs.
- Dame Sandra Prunella Mason has become the first President of the country.
- Barbados became an English colony in 1625, gained its independence in 1966.
- The island nation, a democracy of about 300,000 people, removed Queen Elizabeth as head of state, the latest Caribbean nation to do so.
Government of India’s fiscal deficit at ₹5.47 lakh crore on October 21
- Centre’s fiscal deficit is ₹5.47 lakh crore or 36.3% of the budget estimates due to improvement in revenue collection according to CGA data.
- The fiscal deficit was ₹5,47,026 crore in October 2021.
- In financial-year 2021-22, Govt expects the deficit at 6.8% of GDP or ₹15.06 lakh crore.
- The fiscal deficit for 2020-21 was 9.3 percent of the GDP, better than the 9.5% projected in February 2021.
Drinking water supply schemes approved for Rajasthan
- Drinking water supply schemes worth Rs 1,816 crore were approved for Rajasthan in the State-level Scheme Sanctioning Committee (SLSSC) meeting held on 29 November 2021.
- These schemes will provide tap water connections in 2,348 villages spread over 20 districts of the State.
- The SLSSC has given special attention on water quality issues in 16 districts impacted with geo-genic contamination.
Lt General Manoj Kumar Mago takes over as NDC Commandant
- Lieutenant General Manoj Kumar Mago has taken over as the 34th Commandant of National Defence College (NDC), New Delhi.
- He took over from Air Marshal D Choudhury who superannuated on Nov 30, 2021.
- He has been awarded Yudh Seva Medal and Sena Medal (twice) for his distinguished services.
- The General Officer has distinguished himself on two United Nations peacekeeping assignments in Somalia.
Padma Shri awardee lyricist Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry passes away
- Renowned Telugu lyricist Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry passed away in November 2021.
- He was awarded the Padma Shri in 2019.
- Sirivennela Seetharama Sastry wrote over 2000 songs in his career.
- He rose to popularity with his song Vidhatha Thalapuna for K Viswanath’s 1986 film Sirivennela.
- He won several Filmfare Awards and Nandi Awards for his work in the south cinema.
Indian Army receives new Heron drones from Israel
- The Indian Army’s surveillance capabilities have received the advanced Israeli Heron drones under the emergency procurement clause.
- The acquisition has been done under the emergency financial powers granted by the centre government to the defence forces.
- Heron drone is a medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle developed by the Malat division of Israel Aerospace Industries.
IREDA, Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizer ink deal for green energy project
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd. (IREDA) inked an agreement with Brahmaputra Valley Fertilizer Corp Ltd (BVFCL) on 30 November 2021.
- It will provide its techno-financial expertise in developing renewable energy projects and fundraising.
- IREDA will assist BVFCL in developing an action plan to create and acquire renewable energy projects for the next 5 years.
India’s GDP grows 8.4% in July-September: Government
- The Indian economy grew 8.4% in the second quarter of the current fiscal (2021-22).
- Data released by the statistics department showed that the agriculture sector grew 4.5% during the July-September quarter.
- Data separately released by the Controller General of Accounts showed that the Centre had exhausted 52.4% of its total expenditure target by October.
RBI appoints advisory panel to assist Reliance Capital administrator
- RBI has appointed a 3-member advisory committee to assist the administrator of Reliance Capital.
- The members of the committee are Sanjeev Nautiyal, ex-deputy MD of SBI; Srinivasan Varadarajan, ex-DMD, Axis Bank; and Praveen P Kadle, ex-MD and CEO, Tata Capital.
- Reliance Capital is the third shadow lender to be seized by the RBI, after Dewan Housing Finance and Srei Infrastructure Finance.
Gujarat becomes largest manufacturing hub in the country: RBI
- Gujarat state’s Gross Value Addition (GVA) growing at 15.9 % annually (in manufacturing) on average between FY’12 and FY’20 to touch Rs 5.11 lakh crore.
- Gujarat displaced Maharashtra state.
- Rajasthan and Telangana were among the worst performer states which were already among the top ten.
- RBI has released this data.
- Maharashtra continues to lead as the nation’s biggest services hub.
50th anniversary of the victory of Indo-Pak war to begin from December 3
- Fortnight celebrations to mark the 50th anniversary of victory in the 1971 Indo-Pak war will be celebrated in Pune from December 3 to 16.
- The celebration will commence with the inauguration of the display of the T-55 battle tank, which was built in the Soviet Union in 1963.
- Param Vir Chakra winner Subedar Sanjay Kumar will be the star attraction of the closing event.
SBI signs agreement with Usha International Limited (UIL)
- SBI has signed an agreement with Usha International Limited (UIL) for empowering women entrepreneurs by providing financial assistance.
- The financial assistance will be provided under the Joint Liability Group model.
- As per the MoU, branches of the bank in Uttarakhand, Delhi, Western UP, and NCR Haryana will be financing women entrepreneurs to Usha Silai School to purchase sewing machines.
Nandal Finance and Leasing Pvt. Ltd acquires Central Electronics Ltd.
- A ministerial group has approved a ₹210-crore bid by Nandal Finance and Leasing Pvt. Ltd to acquire state-owned Central Electronics Ltd.
- This is the second strategic stake sale by the government after Air India.
- Central Electronics is run by the department of scientific and industrial research.
- The process to divest the government’s stake in the company started in 2016.
Smriti Mandhan appointed as the brand ambassador of GUVI
- IIT Madras incubated startup, GUVI has roped in Indian women’s cricketer Smriti Mandhana as its brand ambassador.
- She will feature across the online campaigns to strengthen the importance & scope of technological education & IT skills.
- GUVI is India’s first vernacular Ed-tech Startup to impart tech & programming skills to aspiring individuals in their preferred native languages.
Walmart, Flipkart partner with Madhya Pradesh govt to support MSMEs
- Walmart and its subsidiary Flipkart on 30 Nov 2021 announced that they will sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Madhya Pradesh government.
- The MoU aims to create an ecosystem of capacity building for MSMEs in the state.
- Walmart and Flipkart will help MSMEs digitize their businesses and enable them to sell products across India through online retail.
Rohan Bopanna awarded Rajyotsava Award by Karnataka CM
- Indian tennis star Rohan Bopanna was presented with the Rajyotsava Award by Karnataka Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai on 30 Nov 2021.
- Rajyotsava award is conferred in 24 categories, and each winner secures a gold medal and a purse of Rs one lakh.
- Bopanna has represented India in 2002 in Davis Cup, against Australia.
- He was awarded the Ekalavya award in 2005.
Odisha govt announces a social security scheme for newspaper hawkers
- Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik on 1 Dec 2021 announced a social security scheme for newspaper hawkers across the state.
- Under the scheme, in the event of a hawker’s death due to an accident, an assistance of Rs 2 lakh will be provided to their next of kin and in case of natural death, the assistance of Rs 1 lakh will be provided.