Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 12th July 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 12th July 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Sirisha: 3rd woman to fly into space
- Aeronautical engineer Sirisha Bandla on 11 July 2021 became the third Indian-American woman to fly into space.
- She joined British billionaire Richard Branson on Virgin Galactic’s first fully-crewed successful suborbital test flight from the US state of New Mexico.
- She became the third Indian-origin woman to fly into space after Kalpana Chawla and Sunita Williams.
Foxconn, TSMC ink $350 mn deal
- Taiwan’s Foxconn and TSMC (Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co) have reached deals to buy 10 million doses of Germany’s BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine.
- The total cost of the highly politicized deal is around $350 million.
- A major Taiwanese Buddhist group, the Tzu Chi Foundation, is also trying to buy shots.
Rs 3,323 crore grant allocated to Odisha
- The Centre has allocated a Rs 3,323 crore grant to Odisha under the Jal Jeevan Mission for FY 2021-22 to provide tap water supply to every household.
- At the time of the launch of Jal Jeevan Mission in 2019, only 3,10,000 households had tap water connections in the state.
- Now it has increased to around 23 lakh households in the state.
@Top Current Affairs 12th July 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Rs 1500 crore sanctioned to Karnataka
- A central assistance of 1500 crore rupees has been sanctioned to Karnataka to combat Covid third wave.
- This will augment health infrastructure in the state and strengthen the countermeasures.
- The Central Cabinet has cleared the release of Rs 23,000 crore to different states and Karnataka has started preparations for the third wave of the pandemic.
Two Vistadome coaches flagged off
- The first run of two Vistadome coaches attached to Mangaluru Junction-Yeshwantpur Weekly Express Special was flagged off on 11 July 2021.
- The Vistadome coaches were introduced by the Ministry of Railways to promote tourism.
- The two tri-weekly and one weekly train services between Bengaluru and Mangaluru pass through the Western Ghats via the Sakleshpur-Subramanya Road Ghat section.
Italy crowned Euro Cup 2020 champions
- Italy was crowned Euro Cup 2020 champions after winning over England on 11 July 2021.
- Italy beat England 3-2 on penalties after the Euro 2020 final ended 1-1 following extra time at Wembley to secure their second European Championship title.
- It was the first final to be decided on penalties since Czechoslovakia beat West Germany in 1976.
Moran Mar Baselios Marthoma Paulos II dies
- The Supreme Head of the Indian Orthodox Church Moran Mar Baselios Marthoma Paulos II passed away in July 2021.
- He was the primate of the Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church.
- He was enthroned as the Catholicos of the East and Malankara Metropolitan on 1 November 2010, succeeding Didymos I.
- On 15 May 1985, Paulose was ordained as a bishop and was given the name “Paulose Mar Milithios”.
UP govt announces new Population Policy
- The Uttar Pradesh govt announced the new Population Policy 2021-2030′ on the occasion of World Population Day on 11 July 2021.
- According to the policy draft, people having more than two children will not be able to fight local body elections.
- Those who have up to two offsprings will be provided more government facilities and incentives.
Djokovic wins his sixth Wimbledon Tennis title
- World no.1 Novak Djokovic has clinched his sixth Wimbledon Tennis title after beating Matteo Berrettini of Italy.
- Mixed Doubles title was lifted by Neal Skupski of Britain and Desirae Krawczyk of the US.
- Elise Mertens of Belgium and Hsieh Su-Wei of Taiwan have clinched the Women’s Doubles title.
- Croatian pair Nikola Mektić and Mate Pavić have won the Men’s Doubles final.
Country’s first Liquefied Natural Gas plant
- Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the country’s first private LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) plant in Nagpur on 11 July 2021.
- It has been set up by the Baidyanath Ayurvedic Group on Kamptee Road near Nagpur Jabalpur Highway.
- LNG is a clean and cost-effective fuel that is capable of decreasing logistics costs.
- It also has the potential of creating ample job opportunities.
16 NH Projects in Manipur inaugurated
- Union Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of 16 National Highways Projects at Imphal in Manipur on 12 July 2021.
- The estimated cost of the projects is Rs 4148 crore and have a total length of 298 kilometres.
- Among the projects inaugurated is the Makru RCC Steel Superstructure Bridge constructed along the National Highways 37.
Rath Yatra begins at Puri in Odisha
- The world-famous Rath Yatra of Lord Jagannath began on 12 July 2021 at Puri in Odisha.
- Jagannath Temple at Puri is among the most revered Vaishnava sites in India.
- The current temple was built by Anantavarman of the Chodaganga dynasty in the 12th century.
- The chariot pulling starts after performing the rituals of “Chhera pahanra”.
BCCI forms a seven-member working group
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India has formed a seven-member working group comprising of the member associations for domestic cricket in India.
- The group comprises Rohan Jaitley, Yudhvir Singh, Jaydev Shah, etc.
- BCCI has already announced the return of domestic cricket in India for the upcoming 2021-22 season with a total of 2,127 domestic games to be played across various age groups.
2 species of electron bubbles in helium found
- Scientists at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have experimentally shown the existence of two species of few-electron bubbles (FEBs) in superfluid helium for the first time.
- These FEBs can serves as a useful model to study how the energy states of electrons and interactions between them in a material influence its properties.
- The study was published in ‘Science Advances’.
WWF and UNEP report released
- Conflict between humans and animals is one of the main threats to the long-term survival of some of the world’s most iconic species.
- This was informed through a new report by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) and the UN Environment Programme.
- The report, titled, A future for all – the need for human-wildlife coexistence, features contributions from 155 experts from 40 organizations.
India and Nepal sign a Letter of Exchange
- India and Nepal have signed a Letter of Exchange (LoE), to revise the 2004 India-Nepal Rail Services Agreement (RSA).
- It will facilitate the import and export of goods through the Indian railway freight services.
- After this LoE, all kinds of cargoes in all categories of wagons that can carry freight on the Indian Railways network within India can also carry freight to and from Nepal.
Integration of industrial land bank system
- The Indian industrial land bank system has been integrated with industry-based GIS systems of 17 states so far and will achieve pan-India integration by Dec 2021.
- The system is a GIS-based portal – a one-stop repository of all industrial infrastructure-related information.
- Currently, the land bank system has about 4,000 industrial parks mapped across an area of 5.5 lakh hectares of land.
World Malala Day: 12 July
- July 12th is observed as World Malala Day every year.
- Malala Yousafzai was born in Mingora, Pakistan, on July 12th, 1997.
- At age 17, Malala became the youngest recipient ever of the Nobel Peace Prize.
- The day also honors the rights of children and women.
- On the morning of October 9th, 2012, gunmen from the Taliban had shot Malala Yousafzai in the head.
India’s first cryptogamic garden opens
- India’s first cryptogamic garden housing nearly 50 species of lichens, ferns, and fungi was inaugurated in Uttarakhand’s Dehradun district on 11 July 2021.
- Cryptogamic means “hidden reproduction” referring to the fact that no seed, no flowers are produced.
- They represent the non-seed-bearing plants.
- Algae, bryophytes, lichens, ferns, and fungi are the best-known groups of cryptogams.
Foundation laid for projects in Gandhinagar
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated and laid the foundation stone of various development projects worth Rs. 448 crore in his LokSabha constituency Gandhinagar, on 11 July 2021.
- He inaugurated the Civic Center at Bopal, Ahmedabad costing Rs.4 crore.
- He also inaugurated various projects of Ahmedabad Urban Development Authority (AUDA), Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, and Western Railway.
WGC, GJEPC join hands
- The World Gold Council (WGC) and Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion Council (GJEPC) have entered an agreement to promote gold jewellery in India in 2021.
- Under the terms of the agreement, both partners will jointly fund a multi-media marketing campaign that would aim to increase awareness, relevance and adoption of gold jewellery amongst Indian consumers.
Ola Electric signs deal with Bank of Baroda
- Ola Electric and Bank of Baroda have signed the largest long-term debt financing agreement in the Indian EV industry.
- This 10-year debt of US$100 million is towards the funding and financial closure of Phase 1 of the Ola Future factory, Ola’s global manufacturing hub for its electric two-wheelers.
- The Ola Futurefactory is coming up on a 500-acre site in Tamil Nadu, India.
STPI signs six MoUs
- Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) has signed six MoUs to strengthen the collaborative startup ecosystem in the country.
- The MoUs have been signed with Bank of Baroda, YES Bank, Mathworks, YourStory, Freshworks, and Pontaq.
- STPI has been working for the startup ecosystem in the country and creating 28 Centres of Excellence (CoEs) in emerging technologies.
MG Motor to set up 50kW fast charger
- MG Motor India Ltd, which entered the Indian market recently, has announced the setting up of a 50-kilowatt fast charger for electric vehicles (EVs) in Pune.
- The charger was set up as part of the company’s collaboration with Fortum Charge and Drive India to set up E charging stations across the country.
- The fast charger can be used with an EV compatible with CCS2 fast-charging standards.
Paytm Money unveils IPO ordering feature
- Paytm Money has launched a pre-initial public offering (IPO) open application feature on its platform, allowing retail investors to apply for an IPO before they open in the market.
- Paytm Money users can use the feature to place an IPO order anytime through the week.
- The order is recorded on Paytm Money’s system and sent to the exchange for processing whenever the IPO opens.
#Top Current Affairs 12th July 2021
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-