New Rules of Driving License 2022 : There is good news if you ride a two or four wheeler and need a license to do so. You no longer need to go to the Regional Transportation Office, also known as the RTO, or wait in long lines to obtain a driver’s license. This work is now simple. The central government has changed the requirements for obtaining a driver’s license. The driving test is no longer required under New Rules of Driving License 2022. The Union Ministry of Roads and Motorways has modified the rules for obtaining a driver’s license. Furthermore, these rules are now in effect. In such cases, the new rule will exempt individuals from the RTO driver’s license waiting list. So, tell us how driving licenses are now issued under New Rules of Driving License 2022.
- 1 New Rules of Driving License 2022
- 2 Important Links: New Rules of Driving License 2022
New Rules of Driving License 2022
New Rules of Driving License 2022 goes into effect on July 1, allowing only private driving centers to be operated, either by the state transport authority or the central government. These training centers are valid for a period of five years. Then you must renew with the government. The government’s action may result in a separate industry of private training schools.
According to Department of Roads and Transport regulations, anyone who has passed the exam at a state-accredited driving training center is exempt from taking the driving test at the RTO when applying for a driver’s license. This means you won’t have to take the RTO driving test. The private driver training center certificate is the only basis for your driver’s license. Every five years, the institute must renew its accreditation. To strengthen the training process, the driving institute obtains affiliation or accreditation after the state transport authority checks the following points.
- For two and four-wheeler training centers, a minimum of one acre of land should be available. Two acres of land should be available for heavy vehicle training.
- There should be a stimulator and a test track.
- The trainer should have a high school diploma and at least five years of driving experience.
- The center should have information technology and a biometric system.
- Should conduct high-quality driving track tests in accordance with the transport authority’s curriculum.
- Light vehicle training will last 29 hours and must be completed within four weeks of beginning. It will be divided into two sections: theory and practice. Theory takes 8 hours and practical driving takes 21 hours.
- The training duration for medium and heavy motor vehicles will be 38 hours and must be completed within 6 weeks of starting. Theory classes are 8 hours long, and practical classes are 31 hours long.
New Rules of Driving License 2022 Different Types of Driving Licenses
You can obtain a driver’s license based on the type of vehicle you intend to drive. According to the new driving license rules, there are two types, as shown in the table.
- Personal and perpetual driver’s license
|License Class||Type of Vehicle|
|MC 50CC||Motorcycles with 50 cc or less engine capacity|
|MC EX50CC||LMVs with gear and capacity of 50CC or more. E.g., Car, motorcycle.|
|MCWOG/FVG||Motorcycles with any engine capacity, however, without any gears. E.g., mopeds & scooters.|
|M/CYCL.WG||All motorcycles with and without gear|
|LMV-NT||Light motor vehicles (LMVs) for non-transport purposes|
- Commercial Driving license
|License Class||Type of Vehicle|
|HMV||Heavy Motor Vehicles|
|HGMV||Heavy Goods Motor Vehicle|
|HPMV/HTV||Heavy passenger motor vehicle/Heavy transport vehicle|
|MGV||Medium goods vehicle|
|LMV||LMV – motorcars, delivery vans, jeeps, and taxis.|
|Trailer||Heavy trailer license|
These are the two most common kinds. Aside from these, there is an international driving license that can be used to drive a vehicle in other countries.
New Rules of Driving License 2022 Documents Required to apply for a Drivers License?
The following documents must be submitted with an application under the new license rules:
- Proof of age – An educational certificate, birth certificate, passport, pan card, or employer certificate may be submitted.
- Address Proof – Ration card, passport, Aadhar card, rent agreement, utility bill, or Life Insurance policy certificate may be submitted.
- a passport-sized photograph
- 4 Application Form
- Forms 1 and 1A are used as a medical certificate.
How to Apply for a Driving License as per New Rules of Driving License 2022?
The RTO’s Driving License New Rules 2022 for driving license applications is very simple to apply for online.
- In order to apply online for the Driving License firstly you have to visit the official website of the Road Transport & Highways Ministry at parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- On the official website of Road Transport & Highways Ministry on of Drivers/ Learners License will be available, tap on the option and get redirected to the another webpage.
- On the other webpage, you have to choose your residential State by tapping on the option of Select State Name and visit the next webpage.
- Now, you will have an option of Apply For Driving License as shown in the above image, tap on the option visit the next webpage.
- After visiting the next webpage, this time you will have an option of Continue, tap on the option.
- You will be asked to enter the Learner ID and Date of Birth. Fill in both required credentials and tap on the option of OK.
Note: Post tapping on the option of OK you will be asked to enter the more required details, upload the documents and pay the fee.
The new driver’s license rules are being implemented to address the issues that are causing an increase in the number of traffic accidents. The government works hard to simplify and implement accurate and effective methods of driver education. There is a scarcity of qualified drivers in India.
Note: Detailed information regarding New Rules of Driving License 2022 are available on official website of the Road Transport & Highways Ministry, an individual who is thinking about getting a driving licence then visit at parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/ and know about the same.
New Rules of Driving License 2022 aims to address this issue as well. Not only will the test drive against the RTO ensure a better performance of the learner, but every day of training will ensure a better performance of the learner to become an experienced driver.