Can you work under pressure? The interviewer wants to make sure that you would be able to perform under pressure also. He wishes to know how you shall deal with stressful situations at the workplace.
Every job has its own importance and is surrounded by various types of pressure. ‘Workload and stressful situations are inevitable. The differentiating factor is how the person tackles such a situation of crisis and stress.
Can you work under pressure?
Follow the below mentioned key points while answering this question
- Never say “no” as an answer to this question. The answer SHOULD be affirmative. [I can handle such situations pretty well].
- Draw and give an example from your past experience in personal or professional or academic life. Cite such an example that proves your ability to handle such a situation well.
- Tune the answer in a manner that converts the hurdle into an advantage. Eg. ‘Working under pressure is actually desirable since it automatically brings out the hidden caliber, skill, creativity, innovation, and potential from within a person. If we take it as a challenge, it shall help us outperform our own performance standards.’
- Mention the activities that you indulge in after having a stressful day; to keep yourself boosted, motivated, refreshed, and calm. This shall depict that you ‘know yourself very well.
Remember: “When standing at the edge, you have two choices. Either you just TRIP OFF or you make a HIGH JUMP even beyond your limits. The latter defines your NEVER GIVE UP attitude.”
Important link :-
- Join Telegram Group: Click Here
- Latest Government Job Notification
Now, it’s time for ‘participation’Assume that you are sitting in the interview room now. You have been asked to ‘Can you work under pressure. Go ahead; give it a try on how to answer the same. Comment your own answers and get them reviewed.