Amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, waitlisted train tickets add to passengers’ worries over and above the challenging aspects of traveling in public transport. However, in a bid to dispel some of these worries, Mumbai-based startup Railofy has come up with an innovative solution that allows passengers to easily receive real-time passenger name record (PNR) status and train journey details directly on Whatsapp. The indigenously developed app aims to provide convenience to the cumbersome and time-consuming experience of searching for the PNR status and other train journey details such as live station alerts, delays, etc. Also Read: Former Cognizant CMD to join Krea University as pro vice-chancellor
The recently-introduced feature requires the passenger to share his/her 10 digit PNR number only once to the WhatsApp number: +91 98811 93322.
How to check IRCTC PNR status on WhatsApp
- Update the WhatsApp application on your phone. Android users can update the app from the Play Store and iPhone users can update it from the App store.
- Save “+91-9881193322”, which is Railofy’s train inquiry number on your mobile phone.
- With this, the contact will be added to your WhatsApp contacts list.
- Go to WhatsApp and click on the new message button to open your contacts list
- Choose the Railofy contact and type in your 10 digit PNR number in the message window.
- Send the PNR number to Railofy. The feature will send you alerts and real-time updates about your train journey and status on WhatsApp.
A passenger availing of IRCTC ticket services typically checks his/her PNR Status around 10 to 20 times before the journey date, according to Railofy. With the new feature of checking real-time PNR status, passengers will receive regular updates and view the live train operations status or PNR status easily on their Whatsapp number.