Defence Jobs 2022: Every year a good number of vacancies are released for Latest Defence jobs in India as it gives a highly respectable position, well-paid salary and assured future through a pension. The candidates who are interested and eager for beginning their career in Defence must bookmark this page and stay updated with every latest update for upcoming defence recruitment 2022.
Fresherswisdom.com provides every latest notification for the candidates who have been looking forward to govt jobs especially in the defence sector. Every year, a large number of candidates are inducted into the Indian armed forces (Army, Navy and Air Force). These defence jobs are introduced by various government agencies, which recruit candidates through Entrance examinations and other tests. Candidates from different walks of life, with 10th, 12th, ITI, diploma, engineering and other graduation qualifications apply for defence jobs with the government of India.
Types of Defence Jobs: Check Types of Defence Jobs in India
♦Indian Army Defence Jobs:
The land-based branch of Indian Armed Forces. It is the 2nd largest standing army in the world, with around 1.25 active troops and 960K reserve troops. Being it so large, it is obvious that it is one of the biggest job opportunity in Defence jobs in India.
There are basically two types of jobs one can get in Indian Army. The first one is joining it as a Sepoy and second one is joining as Lieutenant.
- Joining as a Sepoy: There are various grades in Sepoy as well. One can join Indian Army through Army Rallies being organized throughout India.
- Joining Indian Army as a Lieutenant: A Lieutenant’s post in Indian Army is one of the most prestigious jobs in Defence. One can get the post by clearing National Defence Academy (NDA), 10+2 Tech, NCC Special Entry, JAG (Men Women), UES, TGC, Short Sevice Commission, Indian Military Academy, CDS etc.
♦Indian Navy Defence Jobs:
There are three types of defence jobs in Indian Navy. First one is Officers, second is Sailors and the third one is as Civilian job.
- 1 Officers Job in Indian Navy: Candidates can join Indian Navy for Defence jobs through following three schemes:
- A.UPSC conducted NDA, CDS Exam or NCC Entry
- B.Direct Entry Permanent Commission / Short Service Commission (DEPC/DESSC)
- C.University Entry Scheme (UES)
Indian Navy Entrance Test (INET) is the officers• entry under the control of IHQ MoD which is conducted twice a year. After clearing the entrance exam, candidates need to clear SSB’s two stages.
- 2 Sailors Job in Indian Navy: The defence organization conducts various entries in the Indian Navy such as Senior Secondary Recruit (SSR), Matric Recruit (MR), Musician (MUS), Sports Entry and Artificer Apprentices (AA). Candidates need to pass a written exam and clearing upon that they go through a physical and medical test. Then the merit list is issued.
- 3 Joining Indian Navy as Civilian: There are three trades that can be joined as a civilian, the trades are Tradesman Mate (TMM), Chargeman (Mechanic) and Chargeman (Ammunition Explosive).
♦Join IAF as Officer:
If you want to work with pride and touch the sky with glory, join IAF. One can join IAF defence job in any of the following branches.
• Join Flying Branch of IAF: If you are one of those who dreamt to become a pilot. In flying branch, you will be trained as a Fighter Pilot or a Helicopter Pilot or a Transport Pilot.
• Join as Officer in Ground Duty (Technical) Branch: As an officer in the Ground Duty one manages a team to ensure that the Indian Air Force remains airworthy. Based on the candidates’ qualification they are given a sub-branch of a technical branch.
• Ground Duty (Non-technical) Branch: As an officer in this branch one manages human and material resources.
Join IAF as Airman:
It is a huge opportunity for many to join the Defence job of Indian Air Force as Airmen. Eligible 10+2 qualified candidates can write the entrance exam and join the IAF as Airmen in Group X or Group Y.
• Airmen Group X: There various technical trades such as Automobile Fitter, Electronics Fitter, Electrical Fitter, Mechanical System Fitter, Structures Fitter, Propulsion FitterWorkshop Fitter, Workshop Fitter and Weapon Fitter. Whereas in the non-technical group is an Education Instructor trade that one can join.
• Airmen Group Y: In technical group of group Y there are two trades which are Communication Technician and Automobile Technician whereas in non-technical group there are various trades like Admin Assistant, Accts Assistant, Medical Assistant, Logistics Assistant, Environment Support Services Assistant, Ops Assistant, Meteorological Assistant, Ground Training Assistant, IAF Police, IAF Security and Musician.
Defence Jobs in Directorate General Armed Force Medical Services (DGAFMS):
If you are into medical and want to serve in Defence forces be it Armed, Air or Naval, you can serve them through DGAFMS. It is an integrated medical service to all three forces. One can achieve higher posts like Lt Gen / Vice Admiral / Air Marshal in DGAFMS.
Defence Jobs in Indian Coast Guard:
If you want an adventurous life and serve the nation, this one can be an amazing career option as an officer in Indian Coast Guard. There are a variety of posts in Indian Coast Guard, some of them are Navik, Store Keeper, Foreman, MTS, Lascar, Engine Driver, Yantrik etc.
Defence Jobs in Paramilitary Forces:
There are two paramilitary forces, first one is The Assam Rifles which is the oldest paramilitary force of India and then there is The Special Frontier Force which was created to conduct covert operations behind Chinese lines in the event of another Sino-Indian War. If you are an Indian citizen and looking for defence jobs Paramilitary Forces are one solid platform.
Defence Jobs in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs):
The following five defence forces which were considered paramilitary forces before 2011, later reclassified as Central Armed Police Forces, they are in control of Ministry of Home Affairs. (We’ve provided the upcoming defence jobs 2022-23 links with all the defence organizations).
Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) Jobs:
Similar to other defence forces, CRPF also offers a variety of jobs to serve the nation. If you are looking for defence jobs in CRPF, you should keep the track latest recruitment notification. CRPF Recruitment 2022
Border Security Force (BSF):
One can join BSF on posts like Assistant Commandant, SI, HC, Capt/Pilot, Constable, Inspector, JE etc. Join BSF – BSF Recruitment 2022
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP):
ITBP is one of the toughest defence services. If you are an adventurous person, you can join ITBP on the posts like Constable, SI, HC, Asst Commandant (Engineer), Medical Officer, Veterinary Officers, Motor Mechanic and many more. ITBP Jobs 2022
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF):
The CISF provides security cover to industrial units, government infrastructure projects and facilities and establishments located all over India. One can join CISF on the posts like Head Constable, Assistant Sub Inspector, Inspector, Fireman, Tradesman etc. – Join CISF
Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB):
With more 75K active personnel SSB is serving the nation by keeping its border areas safe from neighbouring countries. The personnel are appointed through competitive exams conducted by UPSC and SSC. You can join SSB on a variety of posts such as Constable, SI, Commandant etc – Join SSB More Defence / Investigation Agencies under the Ministry of Home Affairs:
- Intelligence Bureau (IB)
- National Security Guards (NSG)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
State Police Jobs:
Other than central defence organizations there are enough defence jobs opportunities on the state level as well. Most of the defence jobs under a state government are in State Police departments. Every Indian state has its own State Police. Most of the state police departments conduct competitive exams by themselves and appoint the candidates and some uses subordinate selection commission to appoint the police staff.
Qualification wise Defence Jobs:
There are enough opportunities in defence organization for all kind of educational qualifications. There are Defence jobs after 12th, Defence jobs after BSc or even after any graduation there is enough scope.
Defence Jobs After 12th:
There are many defence jobs opportunities after 12th class. For example, you go see the Indian army rally after your 10th or 12th. If you have Mathematics in 12th, you can appear for NDA exam to join any of the three forces. You can keep track of this particular page for all kinds of defence jobs. If you are looking for jobs other than defence you must go through this 10th/12th pass jobs listing.
Defence Jobs After Graduation:
The age criteria is very important in most of the recruitments in defence organizations. If a candidate has done his or her graduation, there are a variety of entry scheme they can opt for. For example, one can appear in CDS exam and there are other entries we have already mentioned above. If you are looking for jobs other than defence you must go through this Any Graduate Jobs listing.
Home many defence jobs vacancies are there today?
Currently there are 2147 active vacancies combining all the defence organisations in India.
How to find defence jobs online?
With 9curry, it is extremely easy to find. You just need to browse through the list given on this page. The qualification required is given alongside the notification name. Just look for the notification you are eligible for and open it. You’ll find all the important information there.
How to apply for defence jobs?
After going to the notification page, go to how to apply section, The information you are looking for is given there. There are two types of application forms. Sometimes it is online process and sometimes it offline. You just need to follow the instruction given in the how to apply section.
Do you publish Indian Army recruitment Rally notification?
Yes, we do share the all the reruitment rally details on this page. We share them as soon as they are officially announced by the Indian Army.
Does this page include Police jobs also?
Yes, we’ve included the Police jobs from all the states governments in this page. So, it can be easier for the candidates looking for similar kind of jobs.
Which is India’s largest defence organization?
With more than 1.2 million personnel Indian Army is India’s largest defence organization followed by CRPF (3,13,678) and BSF (2,57,363).