Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 3rd May 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 3rd May 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
1200 LPM oxygen generation plant in J&K
- In Jammu and Kashmir, a 1200 liter per minute, LPM Oxygen Generation Plant has been commissioned at the old block of Govt. Hospital, Gandhi Nagar, Jammu.
- The hospital has been notified as a designated COVID hospital.
- It has become self-sufficient in meeting the medical oxygen needs and it can cater to 92 beds at a time.
- It will substantially augment the availability of medical oxygen.
Gymnast Pranati Nayak to get continental quota
- Gymnast Pranati Nayak will get the continental quota to compete in the Tokyo Olympic Games.
- Since the Asian Championship has been canceled due to the Covid pandemic, the unused continental quotas will be reallocated to the eligible athletes from the Asian zone only.
- Sri Lankan Elpitiya Badalge Dona Milka Geh is the first reserve for the Asian quota while Pranati is the second reserve.
Australian Govt pledges $1.7 billion
- The Australian Government has pledged 1.7 billion Australian dollars in childcare subsidies to boost female participation in the workplace.
- The spending targets families with more than one child in daycare, boosting subsidies for those with two or more children aged up to five years old to a maximum 95% subsidy for their second and subsequent children.
S. Subramanyeswar: CSO of MullenLowe Group
- Advertising firm MullenLowe Group has announced the promotion of S. Subramanyeswar as Chief Strategy Officer for the Asia-Pacific region.
- MullenLowe Lintas Group (India) has two creative agencies—Lowe Lintas and Mullen Lintas.
- The group manages over 300 brands across multiples categories with a talent pool of over 600 people and 13 offices across seven cities.
#Top Current Affairs
ICICI Prudential Healthcare ETF NFO launched
- ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund has announced the launch of ICICI Prudential Healthcare ETF.
- The New Fund Offer (NFO) opens on 6 May 2021 and closes on 14 May 2021.
- The offering aims to provide returns that closely correspond to the returns provided by its benchmark Nifty Healthcare TRI Index in the same proportions, subject to tracking errors.
- The index will be listed on NSE and BSE.
30 Nitrogen plants to be converted
- 30 industries have been identified in the country where existing Nitrogen manufacturing plants will be converted into oxygen manufacturing plants.
- The central govt had asked Central Pollution Control Board, CPCB to identify the industries having spare nitrogen plants and explore the feasibility of converting them.
- Some of these will be shifted to nearby hospitals for supplying oxygen.
10% increase in freight loading
- Railways recorded a more than 10 percent rise in freight loading in April 2021 compared to the pre-COVID April month of 2019.
- On a mission mode, Indian Railways’ freight loading for Apr’21 was over 111 million tonnes (MT) which included over 51 MT of coal, nearly 14 MT of Iron Ore, and over 3 MT of foodgrains among others.
- Railways earned over Rs 11,163 cr from freight loading in April.
Price of FCI rice to remain Rs 2000/quintal
- The price of Food Corporation of India, FCI rice will remain Rs 2000 per quintal for production of ethanol during the current financial year 2021-22.
- To increase the production of fuel-grade ethanol and to achieve blending targets, the govt has allowed the use of maize and rice with FCI for the production of ethanol.
- Govt has fixed price of ethanol from maize as 51 rupees 55 paise/liter.
Himachal to provide 2 lakh water connections
- Himachal Pradesh has planned to provide over two lakh tap water connections across the State.
- It has also reiterated its commitment to achieving the Har Ghar Jal target by July 2022.
- The state on 2 May 2021 presented their Jal Jeevan Mission Annual Action Plan for the current financial year.
- It has over 17 lakh rural households, out of which around 76 percent have assured tap water supply.
PM Modi to hold virtual Summit with British PM
- PM Narendra Modi will hold a virtual Summit with his British counterpart Boris Johnson on 4 May 2021.
- India and UK have enjoyed a strategic partnership since 2004.
- Both leaders will also discuss Covid-19 cooperation and the global efforts to fight the pandemic.
- A comprehensive Roadmap 2030 will be launched during the Summit, which will pave the way for further deepening the cooperation.
India receives vials of Remdesivir from the US
- A flight from America carrying 1.25 lakh vials of an anti-viral drug Remdesivir landed in India on 2 May 2021.
- This was the fourth flight from the US.
- On 1 May 2021, a flight from the US, carrying 1,000 oxygen cylinders, regulators, and other medical equipment also landed in India.
- Under immediate assistance, Washington is also providing 1700 oxygen concentrators to India.
World Press Freedom Day: 3 May
- World Press Freedom Day is observed every year on 3 May.
- It was in the year 1993 when the United Nations General Assembly declared May 3 as the World Press Freedom Day.
- The day is celebrated to ensure the protection and safety of the press in the face of attacks against its independence.
- The theme for World Press Day 2021 is “Information as a Public Good.”
Bikramjeet Kanwarpal passes away
- Actor Bikramjeet Kanwarpal, who has been a part of many popular films, TV shows, and web series, passed away in April 2021.
- Major Bikramjeet Kanwarpal was a retired army officer.
- He made his acting debut in 2003 after retiring from the Indian Army.
- He starred in films like Page 3, Rocket Singh: Salesman of the Year, Aarakshan, Murder 2, 2 States, and The Ghazi Attack among others.
Pfizer donates medicines worth $70 mn to India
- Pfizer has announced a donation of medicines worth more than $70 million to India.
- It is in discussions with the Indian government seeking an “expedited approval pathway” for its COVID-19 vaccine.
- This was announced by its CEO Albert Bourla on 3 May 2021.
- Its vaccine Pfizer-BioNTech is not registered in India yet.
- Its vaccine has been found to be 95% effective in preventing Covid.
India 2nd in ICC T20 rankings
- India retained second place in the ICC Twenty20 team rankings but dropped to third in the ODI chart.
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh have gained one place each to reach eighth and ninth positions, respectively, while the West Indies have dropped two places to 10th.
- New Zealand is at the top followed by Australia.
SBI allocates ₹70 crores to combat the 2nd wave
- SBI has allocated ₹71 crores to undertake various support initiatives to help the country combat the second wave of Covid-19.
- The Bank has dedicated ₹30 crores to set up 1,000-bed makeshift hospitals, 250 bed ICU facilities, and 1,000-bed isolation facilities across some of the worst-hit states.
- These facilities would be set up in collaboration with government hospitals and municipal corps.
10th convocation of Satyajit Ray Institute
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute organized the virtual convocation ceremony on May 2, 2021.
- The day also marked the beginning of the year-long birth centenary celebration of the filmmaker Satyajit Ray.
- The graduates of the 13th batch of the Film Wing and the 1st batch of the Electronic and Digital Media wing got their Post Graduate Diploma Certificates.
India’s merchandise export increases
- India’s merchandise exports in April 2021 were USD 30.21 billion, an increase of 197.03% over USD 10.17 billion in April 2020, and an increase of 16.03% over USD 26.04 billion in April 2019.
- India’s merchandise imports in April 2021 were USD 45.45 billion, with an increase of 165.99% over USD 17.09 billion in April 2020 and an increase of 7.22% over USD 42.39 billion in April 2019.
R Balakrishna Pillai passes away
- Kerala Congress Chairman and former State Minister R Balakrishna Pillai passed away in May 2021.
- Pillai was the founder General Secretary of the Kerala Congress.
- He was a member of the AICC (All India Congress Committee) from 1958 to 1964.
- Pillai quit the Congress in 1964 and formed the Kerala Congress along with senior leader K M George.
Mogae Media acquires Rediffusion
- Mogae Media has acquired 48-year-old home-grown advertising agency Rediffusion India.
- As part of the agreement, four agency brands Rediffusion, Everest Advertising, Rediff Health, and Rediff Direct are being bought by Mogae Media.
- Rediffusion was founded by Diwan Arun Nanda, Ajit Balakrishnan, and Mohammed Khan in 1973.
- All four brands will operate as independent agencies.
@Top Current Affairs 3rd May 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-