Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 21 April 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 21 April 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Former US Vice President Walter Mondale dies
- Former U.S. Vice President Walter Mondale passed away in April 2021.
- He served as U.S. ambassador to Japan from 1993 to 1996 under Bill Clinton.
- Widely known as “Fritz,” Mondale was the Democratic nominee in 1984 against Reagan.
India-EU Leaders’ Meeting to be held on May 8
- The India-EU Leaders’ Meeting will be held in a virtual format on 8 May 2021.
- In view of the COVID situation, it has been decided to hold the meeting virtually in consultation with the EU and Portuguese leadership.
- The India-EU Leaders’ Meeting in the EU27 format, the first time that such a meeting is being held, reflects the shared ambition of both sides to further deepen the Partnership.
India, US to coordinate their efforts
- India and the US will coordinate their efforts for stability in Afghanistan.
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and his US counterpart Anthony Blinken have agreed that the two nations will coordinate efforts to promote stability in Afghanistan.
- Washington and NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization) have announced to withdrawal of their troops from Afghanistan.
Nine Bangladeshis in Forbes 30 list
- Nine Bangladeshis have featured in the Forbes 30 under 30 lists of innovators in 10 industries for Asia.
- Forbes announced its 6th annual 30 under 30 Asia list for 2021 on 20 April 2021 featuring 300 young entrepreneurs, leaders, and trailblazers across Asia.
- The list is announced for ten categories including arts, entertainment and sports, finance and venture capital, etc.
Oxygen supply increased by nearly four times
- The medical oxygen supply in the country has been increased by nearly four times in a span of just around 2 months.
- Reports suggest that per day production capacity of medical oxygen in the country has enhanced from 1 thousand 273 Metric Tonnes in the last week of February 2021 to 4 thousand 739 Metric Tonnes per day in the recent past.
Cabinet approves Bangalore Metro Rail Project
- The Cabinet has approved Bangalore Metro Rail Project Phase 2A and Phase 2B having a total length of 58.19 kilometers.
- Phase 2A will be built from Central Silk Board Junction to K.R. Puram while Phase 2B will cover K.R. Puram to Airport via Hebbal Junction.
- The total completion cost of the Bangalore Metro Rail Project will be over 14,788 crores.
Government amendments to Finance Bill, 2021
- The Cabinet has given ex-post facto approval for the Government amendments to the Finance Bill, 2021 enacted on 28th March 2021 as the Finance Act, 2021.
- The Government amendments to the Finance Bill, 2021 shall provide equity and inclusiveness to all the taxpayers by addressing stakeholders’ concerns arising out of amendments proposed in the Bill.
Cabinet approves MoU between CCI and CADE
- The Cabinet has approved the MoU between the Competition Commission of India (CCI) and the Administrative Council for Economic Defense of Brazil, (CADE).
- Section 18 of the Competition Act, 2002 permits CCI to enter into any Memorandum or arrangement with any agency of any foreign country for the purpose of discharging its duties or performing its functions under the Act.
Cabinet approves MoU between ICAI and CA ANZ
- The Cabinet has approved an MoU between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand, (CA ANZ).
- It intends to develop mutually beneficial relationships in the best interest of members, students, and organizations.
- It also approved the Mutual Recognition Agreement between the ICAI and Certified Practising Accountant CPA Australia.
Ram Navami: 21 April 2021
- Ram Navami was celebrated in different parts of the country on 21 April 2021.
- The festival marks the birth of Lord Rama, the seventh incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
- It is celebrated on the last day of Chaitra Navaratri every year.
- As per Hindu mythology, Lord Ram is the central figure in Ramayana and was born to Queen Kausalya and King Dasharatha in Ayodhya.
Ex-RBI Governor M Narasimham passes away
- The architect of modern Indian banking, former RBI governor Maidavolu Narasimham passed away on 20 April 2021.
- Narasimham was known for being the chair of two high-powered committees on banking and financial sector reforms.
- Narasimham also founded the credit planning cell in RBI, which became the monetary policy department.
- He was known as the father of banking sector reforms in India.
World Press Freedom index
- India has ranked 142 in the list of 180 countries on the World Press Freedom Index.
- India is termed as ‘one of the most dangerous countries for journalists trying to do their jobs properly.
- The World Press Freedom Index has been published by the international profit organization Reporters Without Borders on 20 April 2021.
- The list is topped by Norway and is followed by Finland and Denmark.
Andaman and Nicobar Islands shut tourism
- In view of the recent surge in Covid-19 cases, Andaman and Nicobar Administration has decided to suspend tourist activities in the islands.
- Water Sports activities, beaches, and other such activities will also be suspended for one month from 22 April 2021.
- Light and Sound Show at Cellular Jail and Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose island will remain suspended for four weeks from 22 April 2021.
DRDO to set up Covid hospitals in 3 cities
- DRDO Chairman Dr. G Satheesh Reddy informed that work is on to set up a 450-bed hospital in Lucknow, a 750-bed hospital in Varanasi, and a 900-bed hospital in Ahmedabad amid the surge in COVID-19 cases.
- Pucca structure is being used to build the wards of the hospital, which has all medical facilities.
- DRDO has also set up a facility in New Delhi with all basic facilities free of charge.
Carat India: Dipika as Exec. Vice President
- Carat India has announced the appointment of Dipika Bhasin as Executive Vice President.
- She will lead the agency’s north and east offices and focus on developing and managing Carat’s senior client relationship.
- She will report to Anita Kotwani, CEO, Carat India.
- In her previous stint with media agency Ph.D. Worldwide, she held the position of Senior Vice President.
Serum Institute fixes the price of Covishield
- Serum Institue of India (SII) has fixed the price of the Covishield vaccine at ₹600 per dose for private hospitals and ₹400 per jab for state governments.
- The company will serve 50% of the total production to the Government of India’s vaccination program, and the remaining 50% of the capacity will be for the state governments and private hospitals.
Noted Bengali poet Sankha Ghosh passes away
- Noted Bengali poet Sankha Ghosh passed away in April 2021.
- He had tested positive with Covid-19 recently and was in home isolation.
- Sankha Ghosh got many accolades including Jnanpith, Rabindra Puraskar, and Sahitya Academy awards for his literary works and had also been conferred Padma Bhusan.
Jharkhand Govt announces “Health Safety Week”
- The Jharkhand Government has announced to follow a “Health Safety Week” beginning from April 22 to 29, 2021 to break the chain of growing COVID-19 infection rate in the State.
- People have been advised to stay home and not move without unnecessary work.
- Essential services and medical services continue to function and all identified offices shall remain open.
Maharashtra Govt issues additional guidelines
- Maharashtra Government has issued additional guidelines in a bid to contain the spread of the deadly COVID-19 virus.
- In its new guidelines, the government has ordered that all groceries, vegetable shops, fruit vendors, dairies, bakeries, confectioneries, etc. will now remain open daily only between 7 am to 11 am.
- Home delivery from the said shops however may be allowed between 7 am to 8 pm.
Curfew in Madhya Pradesh extended till Apr 30
- In Madhya Pradesh, the curfew has been extended till April 30, 2021, to break the chain of corona infection.
- The government also issued new guidelines on 20 April 2021 regarding the prevention of coronavirus infection.
- All the Government and private offices will now be operating with 10 percent of employees in the state except the offices providing essential services.
#Top Current Affairs 21 April 2021
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-