Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Top Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the Today Top Current affairs 20th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs on 20th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
Women Entrepreneurship Day: 19 November
- Women’s Entrepreneurship Day is celebrated on November 19 every year.
- The day was the brainchild of an organization called the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Organisation (WEDO).
- It was founded and implemented by Pet Pioneer, Animal Fair Media Founder, and Ellis Island Medal of Honor recipient Wendy Diamond.
- The inaugural event was held in New York City at the United Nations in 2014.
World Children’s Day: 20 November
- World Children’s Day is observed on 20 Nov every year.
- It was first established in 1954 as Universal Children’s Day.
- 20 Nov is an important date as it is the date in 1959 when the UN General Assembly adopted the Declaration of the Rights of the Child.
- The theme for 2021 is ‘A Better Future for Every Child’.
- The day promotes international togetherness, awareness among children worldwide.
National Newborn Week: 15-21 November
- National Newborn Week is observed from 15-21 November every year.
- It aims to raise awareness about the importance of newborn care.
- The purpose behind observing it is to reinforce the importance of newborn health as a key priority area of the health sector.
- The theme for the year 2021 is “safety, quality and nurturing care – birth right of every newborn”.
@Top Current Affairs 20th November 2021
#Top Current Affairs
UP’s first anti-air pollution tower inaugurated in Noida
- Union Minister of Heavy Industries Mahendra Nath Pandey has inaugurated the first air pollution control tower of the state of Uttar Pradesh in Noida on November 17.
- The tower will clean the polluted air around it and release purified air.
- The tower has come up with joint efforts of the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited and the Noida Authority.
World’s most sophisticated MRI facility inaugurated in Manesar
- Union Minister of State Science and Technology Dr Jitendra Singh launched first of its kind, latest, world’s most sophisticated MRI facility at the National Brain Research Centre (NBRC), Manesar Haryana on 19 November 2021.
- This new facility can run intense scanning modalities very fast, which reduces the scanning time for patients by almost a quarter from earlier-generation machines.
CCRAS transfers AYUSH-64 drug technology to 46 companies
- The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) has transferred the technology of AYUSH-64 to 46 companies.
- AYUSH-64 is an effective drug in treating ‘mild and asymptomatic’ and ‘mild to moderate’ cases of COVID-19.
- It has been developed by CCRAS.
- It also has properties of fighting viruses, increasing body immunity and reducing fever, thus helping patients recover quickly.
Pratham wins Indira Gandhi Peace Prize for Edu initiatives
- The Indira Gandhi Prize for Peace, Disarmament, and Development for 2021 has been awarded to civil society organization Pratham.
- It has been awarded for its pioneering work in improving the quality of education for underprivileged children in India and across the world.
- The awardee was picked by an international jury chaired by former Chief Justice of India T S Thakur.
PM Modi inaugurates multiple development projects in UP’s Mahoba
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated multiple development projects in Mahoba district in Uttar Pradesh, on 19 Nov 2021.
- He inaugurated Arjun Sahayak Project, Ratauli Weir Project, Bhaoni Dam Project and Majhgaon-Chilli Sprinkler Project, among others.
- Once fully operational, these will help irrigate around 65,000 hectares of land in the districts of Mahoba, Hamirpur, Banda, and Lalitpur.
HPCL partners with IDFC First Bank for fuel payments using FASTags
- IDFC First Bank and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL) have signed an agreement to facilitate fuel payments by motorists at HPCL’s retail outlets using the bank’s FASTags.
- Further, IDFC First Bank’s FASTags can now also be bought, recharged and replaced by passenger vehicle users at select HPCL retail outlets.
- FASTag is a medium to accept toll fare across all National Highway plaza.
NCRA astronomers discover eight rare stars that are hotter than Sun
- Astronomers in Pune have discovered eight stars belonging to a rare class, that are hotter than the sun.
- The stars were discovered using the Giant Metrewave Radio Telescope (GMRT).
- The discovery was made by a group of scientists, led by astronomers from the Pune-based National Centre for Radio Astrophysics (NCRA).
- The stars belong to a rare class called MRP or Main-sequence Radio Pulse.
Tamil Nadu CM releases Tamil Nadu State Policy for Children 2021
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minister M.K. Stalin on 20 Nov’21 launched the Tamil Nadu State Child Policy.
- The policy has been formulated taking holistically the needs of the children like their growth targets in their various stages, nutrition, education, healthcare, etc.
- He also launched the Forensic DNA Profile Search Tool that would enable restoring the lost children to their parents.
BWF gives Prakash Padukone Lifetime Achievement Award
- Prakash Padukone will receive the prestigious Lifetime Achievement Award 2021 from the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
- In 2018, he was also honoured with the Badminton Association of India’s (BAI) Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Alaknanda Ashok, who is the President of Uttarakhand Badminton Association, will receive the Women & Gender Equity Award.
Smriti Irani becomes author with his first novel “Lal Salaam”
- Union Minister Smriti Zubin Irani has turned author with her first novel ‘Lal Salaam’.
- The novel, inspired by the tragic killings of 76 CRPF personnel in Dantewada in April 2010, is a tribute to the exceptional men and women who have given a lifetime of service to the country.
- Lal Salaam is the story of a young officer, Vikram Pratap Singh.
C-CAMP launches IAIH to combat Anti-Microbial Resistance
- The Centre for Cellular and Molecular Platforms, C-CAMP in Bengaluru has launched the India Anti-Microbial Resistance Hub, IAIH.
- It has been launched to combat Anti-Microbial Resistance, termed as the Silent Pandemic.
- Out of 10 million deaths across the world, around 2.5 million deaths due to Anti-Microbial Resistance are in India.
AIIB approves USD 150 mn loans for Chennai Metropolitan Area project
- The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) has approved $150 mn loans to India for the implementation of the Sustainable Urban services program for the Chennai metropolitan area (CMA).
- Out of $150 mn, $87.1 mn is accounted for climate adaptation and mitigation finance.
- India is the largest beneficiary of AIIB and the bank has so far approved 29 projects for India worth 6.8 billion USD.
India bags seven medals at Asian Archery Championships
- India bagged a total of seven medals at the Asian Archery Championships 2021 held in Dhaka.
- India’s recurve archery teams added two silver medals and a bronze on the final day of the Championships.
- India ended the week-long continental event with seven medals – one gold, four silvers, and two bronze.
- India’s recurve women’s and men’s teams settled for silver on 19 November 2021.
Centre government to form a committee to make MSP system effective
- PM Narendra Modi has announced the formation of a committee to promote zero budgeting-based agriculture.
- It will be formed to change crop patterns as per the changing needs of the country and to make MSP more effective and transparent.
- The committee will have representatives of the central government, state governments, farmers, agricultural scientists, and agricultural economists.
President Kovind honours Swachh Survekshan -2021 awardees
- President Ram Nath Kovind honoured the awardees of Swachh Survekshan -2021 at the Swachh Amrit Mahotsav organised by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs in New Delhi on 20 November 2021.
- The Ministry also awarded cities certified under the Star Rating Protocol for Garbage Free Cities.
- This was the 6th edition of Swachh Survekshan and is the world’s largest urban cleanliness survey.
Indore bags the title of India’s cleanest city for 5th time in a row
- Madhya Pradesh’s Indore city has been declared as India’s cleanest city for 5th time in a row under the Centre’s Swachh Survekshan 2021 on 20 November 2021.
- Surat (Gujarat) and Vijaywada (Andhra Pradesh) grabbed the second and third positions respectively.
- Among Indian states, Chhattisgarh has bagged top position as the country’s cleanest state.
52nd International Film Festival inaugurated in Goa on 20 Nov 2021
- The 52nd edition of Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest film festival, the International Film Festival of India (IFFI) was inaugurated on 20 Nov’21.
- Founded in 1952, the film festival is held annually, currently in the state of Goa, to celebrate the excellence of world cinema.
- IFFI will feature 148 films from about 73 countries in the International Section.
- It will conclude on 28 Nov 2021.
PM Modi, Amit Shah Ajit Doval to attend 56th DGP Conference in Lucknow
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will attend the 56th Conference of Director Generals of Police (DGP) and Inspector Generals of Police (IGP) at Police Headquarters, Lucknow on November 20 and 21, 2021.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah inaugurated the conference on 19 Nov’21.
- The conference will discuss a wide range of issues including cybercrime, data governance, counter-terrorism challenges, etc.
Andhra Pradesh Police ranks 1st on IPF Smart Policing Index 2021
- Andhra Pradesh secured first rank among police forces of the country in a survey conducted by the Indian Police Foundation (IPF).
- The survey, conducted in 29 states and Union Territories of the country assessed the force on competence, values, and public trust.
- Telangana ranked second while Assam was third.
- Kerala, Gujarat, and Delhi were ranked fourth, fifth, and sixth, respectively.
Meghalaya government partners with World Food Programme (WFP)
- The Meghalaya govt has signed an MoU with the United Nations World Food Programme to streamline and strengthen the public distribution system in the state.
- The partnership will help the WFP authorities and the state government work together towards Sustainable Development Goal two – Zero Hunger.
- Meghalaya is the first state in the northeast to have entered into an agreement with the WFP.
Pooja Badlani becomes Mrs India Worldwide Queen
- Pooja Badlani was crowned Mrs India Worldwide Queen – Element Air at the grand finale of The Haut Monde Mrs India Worldwide 2021 pageant in Ras-Al-Khaimah, UAE, in November 2021.
- She belongs from Ahmedabad, Gujarat.
- Pooja is an internationally certified Image Consultant and Soft Skills Trainer.
- It was indeed a proud moment for Gujarat as she brought the crown back after seven years.
India’s first 3-D eye surgery facility inaugurated in Chennai
- Tamil Nadu Health Minister Ma Subramanian inaugurated India’s first 3D eye surgery facility at a government hospital in Chennai on 19 November 2021.
- The country’s first three-dimensional eye surgery facility has been developed at Chennai’s Egmore Eye Hospital.
- TN govt has set the target to perform 65,000 eye cataract surgeries for 2021.
#Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-