Top Current Affairs of the day: Instantly obtain Latest Current Affairs with all essential info, Be the first to know all the TodayTop Current affairs 17th November 2021 top news, Major Issues, Current News, Important events in National Current News as well as International level with clear explanation. For all competitive exams and Interviews, equip yourself with the Latest Top Current Affairs 17th November 2021 granted here.
Top Current Affairs
World Prematurity Day: 17 November
- World Prematurity Day is observed on 17 Nov each year to raise awareness of preterm birth and the concerns of preterm babies and their families worldwide.
- Approximately 15 mn babies are born preterm each year, accounting for about one in 10 of all babies born worldwide.
- November is observed as the Prematurity Awareness Month.
- The day was created by European parent organizations in 2008.
World COPD Day: 17 November 2021
- World COPD Day is observed on the third Wednesday of November.
- For 2021, it was observed on 17 November.
- It is organized by the Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease (GOLD).
- COPD stands for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- The day aim is to raise awareness and discuss ways to reduce its burden worldwide.
- The theme for 2021 is “Healthy Lungs – Never More Important”.
National Epilepsy Day: 17 November
- India observes National Epilepsy Day on November 17 to create awareness about the disease.
- Epilepsy is a medical condition of the brain, which results in untimely seizures or fits.
- The World Health Organisation has described it as a “chronic non-communicable disease of the brain which is characterized by recurrent seizures”.
- Symptoms include loss of consciousness, sudden twitching, etc.
@Top Current Affairs 17th November 2021
#Top Current Affairs
BOB Financial partners with National Payments Corporation of India
- BOB Financial Solutions (BFSL) has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to launch BoB credit cards on the RuPay platform.
- Both Easy and Premier variants of the Bank of Baroda Credit Card have been launched on the JCB International network.
- BFSL and NPCI have utilized services from Fiserv, a core card processing platform for cards and transaction management.
India ranks 82nd in latest global bribery risk list
- India has slipped to 82nd position in 2021, five places down from 77th rank in 2020, in a global list that measures business bribery risks.
- The list by TRACE, an anti-bribery standard-setting organization, measures business bribery risk in 194 countries, and territories.
- Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden, and New Zealand present the lowest bribery risk, according to the list.
Central Bureau of Investigation gets three new Joint Directors
- Senior IPS officers Vidya Jayant Kulkarni, Ghanshyam Upadhyay, and Nawal Bajaj have been appointed as the Joint Directors in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Kulkarni, a 1998-batch IPS officer of Tamil Nadu cadre, has been appointed for a period of five years on a deputation basis.
- Upadhyay, a 1999-batch IPS officer of Odisha cadre, will have his tenure till June 29, 2026.
Nippon India Mutual Fund launches India’s first Taiwan Equity Fund
- Nippon Life India Asset Management (NAM India), asset manager of Nippon India Mutual Fund (NIMF), has announced the launch of Nippon India Taiwan Equity Fund.
- It will be launched on November 22, 2021.
- The Fund will be India’s first open-ended equity scheme following a Taiwan-focused theme.
- The fund will be mentored by Cathay Site, Taiwan’s largest asset manager.
HDFC Bank launches micro-credit facility for PM SVANidhi scheme
- HDFC Bank has announced the launch of a micro-credit facility for PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi), with common service centres (CSC).
- HDFC Bank would facilitate PM SVANidhi for its village-level entrepreneurs on the digital sewa portal where vendors can complete the entire process online.
- It is a collateral-free affordable loan of ₹10,000 with an interest subsidy of 7%.
Himachal CM launches Rs 1,010 cr phase-II of JICA aided farm project
- Himachal Pradesh CM Jai Ram Thakur on 16 No’21 launched the second phase of a crop diversification project worth Rs 1,010 cr supported by Japan International Cooperation Agency.
- Phase-II of the project would be implemented in all the 12 districts of the state.
- The main objective of it is to increase the vegetable area in the project area from 2,500 hectares to 7,000 hectares by 2031.
SBI and Jamshedpur Football Club tie up to promote Indian football
- State Bank of India (SBI) has entered into a strategic partnership with Jamshedpur Football Club (JFC), a fully owned Tata Steel subsidiary, to promote football in the country.
- With this partnership, SBI will be one of the principal sponsors of the JFC.
- The JFC match jersey will now feature the SBI logo.
- This is the first major endeavour by SBI in the game of football.
Sourav Ganguly replaces Kumble as Chairman of ICC Cricket Committee
- Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President and former India captain Sourav Ganguly has been appointed as the Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) Cricket Committee.
- He replaced Anil Kumble in the role.
- Ganguly served as President of the Cricket Association of Bengal between 2015 and 2019 and took over as BCCI president in October 2019.
Indian Railways’ first pod hotel inaugurated in Mumbai
- Indian Railways’ first pod hotel was inaugurated at Mumbai Central railway station on 17 November 2021 by the Minister of State for Railways, Raosaheb Danve.
- Passengers can book the pod hotel for 12 hours for ₹999 and at ₹1,999 for 24 hours.
- The pod hotel, spread over an area of approximately 3000 square feet, has 48 capsule-like rooms.
- Pod hotels were first developed in Japan.
SBI signs pact with U Gro Capital to finance MSMEs
- SBI has entered into a co-lending agreement with U GRO Capital.
- It will offer strategic financing solutions to the unserved and underserved MSMEs of the country in line with RBI guidelines.
- Both aim to disburse up to Rs 500 crore by March 2022 to provide credit to MSMEs.
- SBI has onboarded U GRO Capital as its first co-lending partner for its Sanjeevani programme to finance MSMEs.
Legendary novelist Wilbur Smith passes away
- International best-selling author Wilbur Smith passed away in November 2021.
- Smith authored 49 novels and sold over 140 million copies worldwide in more than 30 languages.
- He gained widespread recognition following the publication of his debut novel When the Lion Feeds in 1964.
- His bestselling “Courtney Series” was the longest-running in publishing history.
Lala Lajpat Rai’s 93rd death anniversary: 17 November 2021
- November 17, 2021, marked the 93rd death anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai.
- He was an Indian nationalist leader affectionately called ‘Punjab Kesari’.
- Rai is remembered for his role during the Swadeshi movement.
- In 1885, Rai established the Dayanand Anglo-Vedic School in Lahore.
- He died in Lahore in 1928 after he was attacked by police during a protest rally against the Simon Commission.
Centre approves new Rajya Sainik Board for Ladakh
- Centre has approved a new Rajya Sainik Board for Ladakh.
- The Board will be an effective link between the Centre and the Ladakh Administration.
- It will play an advisory role on the matters relating to the ex-servicemen, war widows, widows and non-combatants, including serving soldiers and their dependents.
- Zila Sainik Welfare offices of Leh and Kargil will function under it.
Union Minister Arjun Munda inaugurates TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav in Delhi
- Union Tribal Affairs Minister Arjun Munda on 16 November 2021 inaugurated TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav at Dilli Haat in New Delhi.
- On the occasion, Olympic medalist and boxer Padma Vibhushan MC Marry Kom was declared as the brand ambassador of the TRIFED Aadi Mahotsav.
- 1000 tribal artisans from 26 states are participating in the 15-day Aadi Mahotsav and will showcase their products.
Barbados: 1st in the world to have a virtual embassy in the Metaverse
- Barbados, a tiny Caribbean island nation, will become the first country to establish a digital embassy after an agreement with metaverse platform Decentraland.
- Barbados’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade has officially signed an agreement to establish a digital embassy in Decentraland, a user-owned, Ethereum-based digital environment.
- Its launch is expected in January 2022.
Venkaiah Naidu inaugurates Bengaluru Tech Summit (BTS- 2021)
- Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated the three-day Bengaluru Tech Summit (BTS- 2021) on November 17, 2021, in a hybrid format.
- The Department of Electronics, IT and BT of the Karnataka government and the Software Technology Parks of India is organizing the 24 edition of BTS 2021.
- The theme chosen for this edition is ‘Driving the next’.
82nd All India Presiding Officers’ Conference being held on 17-18 Nov
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural session of the 82nd All India Presiding Officers’ Conference (AIPOC) in Shimla on 17 November 2021.
- The All India Presiding Officers’ Conference, the apex body of the legislatures in India, is celebrating its hundred years in 2021.
- The first Conference was held in Shimla in 1921.
West Bengal government launches ration at doorstep scheme
- West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee launched the ‘Duare Ration’ (ration at doorstep) scheme on 16 November 2021.
- It will benefit around 10 crore people of the state.
- She also inaugurated a WhatsApp chatbot for the Food and Supplies Department of the state government and a mobile application, ‘Khadya Sathi: Amar Ration Mobile App’ to help people apply for ration cards.
Arunachal Pradesh govt declares Kaiser i Hind as the state butterfly
- Arunachal Pradesh government has announced ‘Kaiser-I-Hind’ as the state butterfly.
- The name means the emperor of India.
- Kaiser-I-Hind, biologically named Teinopalpus Imperialis, has a wingspan ranging from 90 mm to 120 mm and can be found in six states in the eastern Himalayan region at the height of 6,000 to 10,000 feet in a well-wooded terrain.
Giriraj Singh launches Unique Land Parcel Identification Numbers
- Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Giriraj Singh inaugurated ‘Bhumi Samvaad’ – National Workshop on Digital India Land Record Modernisation Programme (DILRMP) on 16 Nov’21 in Delhi.
- On this occasion, the Minister also launched National Generic Document Registration System (NGDRS) portal and Dashboard which is an advanced software application for the registration system.
‘Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv’ being held from 17-19 Nov in Jhansi
- Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv is being organized from November 17-19, 2021 in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Ministry of Defence (MoD) will formally dedicate a number of schemes to the nation during the celebration.
- The initiatives which will be launched and dedicated to the nation include NCC Alumni Association, NCC Border and Coastal Scheme, the mobile app of the National War Memorial, etc.
Pochampally in Telangana is one of the best tourism villages
- The Pochampally village in Telangana has been selected as one of the best Tourism Villages by the UN World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO).
- The award will be given on the occasion of the 24th session of the UNWTO General Assembly on 2 Dec 2021 in Madrid, Spain.
- Pochampally is often referred to as the Silk City of India.
- Pochampally Ikat received a Geographical Indication Status in 2004.
NMDC celebrated its 64th Foundation Day on 15 November 2021
- National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) celebrated its 64th Formation Day at its Head Office – Hyderabad on 15 November 2021.
- NMDC, the largest iron ore producer in the country, was incorporated on 15th November 1958.
- It is under the administrative control of Ministry of Steel, Government of India.
- It is involved in the exploration of iron ore, limestone, dolomite, bentonite, etc.
7th edition of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium Conclave: 15-16 November
- The 7th edition of the Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) Conclave of Chiefs was hosted by French Navy in Paris from 15 – 16 Nov 21.
- Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Western Naval Command, lead a two-member Indian Naval delegation for this Conclave.
- IONS was conceived by the Indian Navy in 2008.
- The IONS Chair is presently held with France.
Pakistan to host ICC Champions Trophy in 2025
- Pakistan will host the 2025 Champions Trophy, an ICC flagship tournament, after two decades.
- The United States and West Indies will co-host the 2024 T20 World Cup.
- This will be the first-ever global event hosted in North America.
- India will get to host three ICC events in the next cycle, including the 2026 T20 World Cup and 2031 50-over World Cup.
@Top Current Affairs
Important Link :-